Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonathon Leko - Jan 2024: on loan at Burton (p14)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Croydon said:
    Leko was class, the touch of excitement we so desperately needed after Christmas. He was incredibly frustrating, but he offered something we've not had in a Charlton shirt for years.
    I agree that Leko could be exciting and often effective - but I wouldn't say we hadn't seen the likes of him "for years".  Fosu was similar.

• Options
    I’m so lost with our loans now. 
    Is he still with us or has his loan been cancelled and now back at the Albion? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Think he’s back at West Brom, but wasn’t registered for the remaining part of the season. Thus, could still play for us if he’s fit. One for Bowyer to clarify. Would be great if he was still able to play for us. 
  • Options
    And he scores against Leeds to keep us up and stop Leeds going up.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Stewart said:
    It's all been so long since a ball was kicked, I can't even remember now who's still on loan!

• Options
    edited May 2020
    We at least got a good half season from him, which is more than can be said for some players this season. Not that I blame him for getting injured.

Never found him half as frustrating as some. He’s an exciting player who things happen around, those types of players always look inconsistent or frustrating because they’re constantly trying to do the hardest things in football - beat a man, play a killer pass, or score a goal. He was getting better the more he played and our coaching team were improving him. Such a shame so few of his matches were played alongside Lyle. I think Lyle would’ve taught him a few tricks and there was potential for another G&T style partnership. 

I’d definitely have him back. 

• Options
    iaitch said:
    And he scores against Leeds to keep us up and stop Leeds going up.
    0-0 in the last minute of added time we get a corner. Leko comes off the bench hobbling on one leg to score the winner

And gets politely applauded by the Leeds players and supporters
  • Options
    IMO, Leko is one of the most underrated players we’ve had in a long time. Don’t know why so many of our fans didn’t like him. I get he was slightly frustrating at times but if he wasn’t he would be in the West Brom first team.
  • Options
    Leko was very frustrating but had improved quite a bit and it was very noticeable when he was no longer with us. Would definitely like to see him back here again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scored against Millwall aswell so extra points for that
  • Options
    Reportedly has signed for Wednesday for £1 million 
  • Options
    Cheats always prosper 
  • Options
    Well ain’t that a kick in the bollox!!
  • Options
    The irony of it. 
  • Options
    Looks like its just a bid been accepted by West Brom, Birmingham also have reportedly had the same bid accepted so guess it's up to Leko to agree terms 
  • Options
    i said on the summer transfers thread £1M is ridiculous 

He is 21 years old and decent talent for the future, if we sold him for £1M our fans would be fuming and rightly so.

If only we had a decent owner we may actually have been able to sign him, think he enjoyed his time with us
  • Options
    Cheap that for the potential he has, especially as an attacking player as they always carry a premium. Question mark would be has his serious injury had any impact on his pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1mil is an absolute bargain 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It raises the question again as to how much we'd get for Bonne if a Championship team wanted him

£500k (as mentioned with Preston) is laughable when you consider him with Leko and Moore (a player let go by Wigan for probably half his value)

Was Hugill for £5m (Norwich) a decent comparison?
  • Options
    To me £1m seems a pretty fair price for him, especially as he only had 1 year left on his contract
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    In todays mad world of football transfers, £1M for Leko is amazing business, assuming of course his injury has not severely hurt him long term.  Very decent player who was behind much of our attacking flair in the first part of the season.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Just shows what staying up and a reasonably resourced ownership model aiming at stability/sustainability would have done.

£1m would be a snip for Leko and if he continues to grow you could easily foresee a PL move for 5-10 times that amount in a season or two given how easy money is up there.

It really isn't hard to make money on players and build a platform for the future if you are vaguely sensible...
  • Options
    IMO, Leko is one of the most underrated players we’ve had in a long time. Don’t know why so many of our fans didn’t like him. I get he was slightly frustrating at times but if he wasn’t he would be in the West Brom first team.
    So you do know?!

I quite like players like Leko, if he doesn't know what he's doing next, there's no chance you do.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear this.

Surely worth double that.
    Gone to the Wendies, another kick in the gonads.
  • Options
    Gutted to hear this.

Surely worth double that.
    Gone to the Wendies, another kick in the gonads.
    Or Birmingham 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So you do know?!

I quite like players like Leko, if he doesn't know what he's doing next, there's no chance you do.
    and no chance his team mates do too which can be a problem  .....
  • Options
    A good young player who worked hard for the team and we missed him following his injury. He's got lots of decent attributes and given a run, he will continue to improve. I wish him well.