Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    Oh just noticed you said ITK. In which case I have no idea. 
  • Options
    Charlton injury bingo;

Roughly 8 weeks
    It doesn’t look good
    He's had a setback 
    Back outside next month 
    Say nothing and wait for somebody to take a picture of him in a knee brace or protective boot at a train station. 

• Options
    But which station and shopping centre? Lyle is always being spotted at Ebbsfleet and Bluewater, as a West Ham man I imagine Josh will be at Stratford and Westfield
  • Options
    Dunno if this has been mentioned but he was shown on the TV feed watching the game with his protective boot on. Not the worst sign...I hope. Terry Smith also mentioned that he's not injury prone, also a good sign. 

But yeah, it is depressing.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    MH had no pace, couldn't press or tackle, average passer, never beat a man, quite good at arriving late in the box. Played at a high level but his signing started our demise. 13 goals in five seasons.
    Did you fail A level football at the same time as econimics?
    Stu, I passed A level economics as well as a similar module in my accountancy exams. Many of us disagree on footballing matters, why do you try to make it personal, particularly with inaccurate facts?  What was clean shorts good at? 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    MH had no pace, couldn't press or tackle, average passer, never beat a man, quite good at arriving late in the box. Played at a high level but his signing started our demise. 13 goals in five seasons.
    I heard Harvey got the same grade as you in your English ;) 
  • Options
     What was clean shorts good at? 
    Doing what his manager told him to do.

That's why he got picked each and every game. :smile:

• Options
    I heard Harvey got the same grade as you in your English ;) 
    I didn't take A level English which explains why I'm so bad at it :wink:
  • Options
    Bowyer comments on Cullen from twitter page I follow;

”not good”

take it it’s another long term one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In terms of Cullen, it may actually improve our chances of keeping him this season if he is say out until January for example. Mind you, not good could mean longer! 
  • Options
    The guy fell on his ankle. It’s ligament damage I believe so at least a month at a guess
  • Options
    Dunno if this has been mentioned but he was shown on the TV feed watching the game with his protective boot on. Not the worst sign...I hope. Terry Smith also mentioned that he's not injury prone, also a good sign. 

But yeah, it is depressing.
    It's taken about 15 months but he's finally Charltonised.
  • Options
    I would imagine the usual 2 months. should be back by the end of January.
  • Options
    Bad time of year to miss two months given how many games we’ll play in that period. He’ll be a big, big miss.
  • Options
    We're doomed.

• Options
    When Cullen was out last year at Walsall away it was a massive loss and I think our form suffered 
  • Options
    When Cullen was out last year at Walsall away it was a massive loss and I think our form suffered 
    Then picked up again pretty much in line with his return. Said before, I call him our metronome, as when he ticks, so do we. Will be a big miss, however long he is out. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Bad time of year to miss two months given how many games we’ll play in that period. He’ll be a big, big miss.
    se9addick said:
    May well help us keep hold of him though.
  • Options
    JC's injury was clearly serious, especially to him, at the time, there on the pitch on Saturday.  Hence they carried him off.  Not hobbled off supported by the physio, carried on a stretcher.  We know roly is a lunatic, care-nothing, pennypinching shitehawk but what possible justification is there for not scanning the injured area until 48 hours have passed?  Just cos he didn't have bones sticking out doesn't mean he hasn't got all sorts of tissue damage, none of which is going to benefit from the delay.
    Fingers and toes crossed JC's recovery is a matter of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    JC's injury was clearly serious, especially to him, at the time, there on the pitch on Saturday.  Hence they carried him off.  Not hobbled off supported by the physio, carried on a stretcher.  We know roly is a lunatic, care-nothing, pennypinching shitehawk but what possible justification is there for not scanning the injured area until 48 hours have passed?  Just cos he didn't have bones sticking out doesn't mean he hasn't got all sorts of tissue damage, none of which is going to benefit from the delay.
    Relevant department not open on the weekend?
    Some sections of DVH dont open on a Saturday / Sunday for example
  • Options
    Sage is our resident expert here .... but I'll hazard a guess: it's often the case they won't scan until inflammation has reduced.

Sage ..... help me out here! :smile:

• Options
    I'm no medical expert but i believe the delay allows swelling to go down and so the scan gets a clearer picture.

I may be wrong but there will be a reason for it.
    Agreed, common sense says you need the swelling to go down to get a clear scan.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Inflammation needs to have subsided in order to obtain a scan of the clearest quality. 
  • Options
    I'm sure Roly isn't involved in decisions like that
  • Options
    Then picked up again pretty much in line with his return. Said before, I call him our metronome, as when he ticks, so do we. Will be a big miss, however long he is out. 

Absolutely. I didn’t think Josh had been playing quite as well recently only to have egg on my face when we saw how much we missed him after he went off on Saturday. He does so much unnoticed clearing up in addition to all the obvious stuff. . 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Swelling needs to go down first, in case no one's said that. 
    Did you sign into the wrong forum again Talal? ;)
  • Options
    I'm no medical expert but i believe the delay allows swelling to go down and so the scan gets a clearer picture.

I may be wrong but there will be a reason for it.
    We have a winner! Inflammation needs to settle and go down. It’s also worse to scan an injury and give the wrong kind of treatment due to the inflammation not settling down. He was going to be out anyway, it’s best to make sure he gets the rest and right diagnosis rather than jumping the gun. With it being ankle ligaments, it most likely would’ve swollen up quite big, can’t do anything until that settles.