Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    AndyG said:
    Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    How Cullen doesnt even get in the squad is a mystery to me. Apparently WHU need to sell before they buy some defenders. Oh how I would love it if we bought him once our embargo is sorted.
    I bet he would be really keen at the prospect of earning £2k per week, instead of what he's already earning at the Hamsters.

Yup but nothing to stop you asking a player to accept that for a season until we get out of the league with a promise of more as we progress. Why should a player see that as a good deal
    Or even Wet Spam allow him to come on loan - and we give them his £2k a week as a contribution towards them still paying his wages?  :smile:

In the real world, though - why should Cullen want to drop back into League One when he proved himself in the Championship last season?
    And I would bet there are Champs clubs that would snap him up and pay whatever W Ham would ask for him.

• Options
    Suspect Qpr would take him. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    He was great for us , especially as a character, but I don’t think he’s a premier league midfielder .  Not a brilliant athlete, no great passing quality .  Excellent attitude and commitment though.  
    I agree....his work rate though is great. A Curbs type of signing.
  • Options
    leaving aside the style, exactly the sort of player i could see dyche in for 
  • Options
    As much as I'd love to have him back, I'd love if it if he got a prem move/loan to a team that finish above West Ham, farcical he still can't get on the bench there.
  • Options
    Plenty of Championship clubs would be interested in him, though I imagine that this season he'll stay at West Ham in a final attempt to get in their side
  • Options
    spoken to a few West Ham fans about him recently and they all want him in their 1st team squad this season. I dont think he will be going anywhere.
  • Options
    Starts again against Hull tonight in the League Cup

Might as well score a few own goals for a laugh, he could score in the right net and wont get near the first team!!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Has been dropped from tonights line up to be replaced by Jack Wilshire - he's apparently failed a fitness test apparently (no surprise as he never plays!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That explains that then, get well soon Josh (and Issa and David)
  • Options
    Hope that Cullen etc didn't catch it from Aneke when we played them - Especially as Bowyer was pretty close to Josh after the game
  • Options
    Seems to be a lot of cluster cases going around at the moment, I really can see the league getting curtailed again soon. 
  • Options
    GWS. Hope Bowyer didn't catch it from him!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Seems to be a lot of cluster cases going around at the moment, I really can see the league getting curtailed again soon. 
    Fit young men who are getting tested regularly. My view is that the league won’t get stopped again. 
  • Options
    Get well soon Culls
  • Options
    Well that answers my question from earlier then :)
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Fit young men who are getting tested regularly. My view is that the league won’t get stopped again. 
    The Premier League, yes, but Leyton Orient relieved on Spuds paying for their testing so I've read.
  • Options
    Hope that Cullen etc didn't catch it from Aneke when we played them - Especially as Bowyer was pretty close to Josh after the game
    Aneke caught it from them more likely. Can we sue them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Anyone know a good lawyer we can contact?
  • Options
    Get well soon Josh & I hope you have a great career. You were a model professional when you were with us.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Gees just saw someone say his passing is not that great...  His passing is immaculate.  You don't have to hit worldies and lose the ball half the time.  He is premiership class.  He'll only work in certain teams and unfortunately never at West Ham.  Should go to Spain as he'd be succesful in virtually all their teams bar the really top ones.  Get playing soon Josh, and thank you you were an utter joy to watch.  Best loan player we've had in my lifetime:  In terms of quality, consistency and pure pleasure to watch.
    Did they have their eyes closed when Cullen put Hellier in for the first goal against us?

Granted he'll come up against better opponents but surely if you can put in a ball THAT good, its difficult for anyone to react to it?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Only Chucks from our team has tested positive. The least they can do now is give us Cullen.
  • Options
    £7m???

I can't see the likes of Luton or QPR spending a fraction of that on one player
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Celtic will probably offer £7.00. As good a player as he is, he isn’t anywhere near a £7m one.