Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Cullen - gone to Burnley, July 2022 (p24)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    How much would you value Cullen at ?? I am thinking £2 - £3 million. Using Maddison as a guide - think Beliyk was overpriced by Arsenal and Derby were desperate at the time. Hard one to gauge. 
    Agreed around the £2 - £3 million mark as well.

We're the only club who can buy him now as he can't be recalled to be sold elsewhere?

This means any other club looking to buy him in the summer would be buying a player with 12 months left on his contract and no extension.

This means we should be looking at buying him with 12 months left on his contract either now or the summer so not sure they'll command much more of a fee.
  • Options
    Josh Cullen loves playing for us but his ambition is to make it at West Ham.

From CAST report on last nights meeting 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I am a little bit ITK (usually get pelters for it) but FWIW

JC really wants to sign a permanent deal for CAFC. He loves it here, but the decision is entirely down to WHU (obvs). Now that LB is contracted he is even more keen, but WHU are talking to a lot of the lesser U23 about extensions (silly Prem money on offer), so its going to be tricky. 
    Hmmmm? Someone is telling porkies. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Josh Cullen is staying to the end of the season which is excellent for our prospects of staying up, along as, we have a couple of goal scorers up front: Taylor and Bonne will do.

Even if Cullen didn't stay at West Ham I don't feel the "Model" as presented in words by Matt Southall, would see Cafc paying 25k a week to bring Josh to the Valley.

• Options
    Lad's in a good place at the moment...

• Options
    Both Lewis and Josh taking the piss out of my 5km times!!... Each at least three mins faster than me
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Essex?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Essex?
    Yeah a few people commute from Essex; Lewis Page | Dillon Phillips | Johnnie Jackson are all over there I think
  • Options
    Josh lives about 3 miles from me then.

Think I might just about keep up with him if I’m on the bike.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good lad,smashing player.
  • Options
    There is still a job to be done. There are nine massive games to go and it was always in my head to be a part of that. You want to finish what you started and it’s been a long journey up until now, but it’s not finished.
    “It was a straightforward decision and I feel like I owe it to the club. The fans have backed me from day one and been brilliant to me.

Shame no one told Lyle Taylor that 
    couldn't agree more
  • Options
    Good news.

Whilst we have all been venting regarding the decisions of Taylor and Solly, I guess it is still possible that one or two others who are willing to play through until 30th June may not be available after that for one reason or another.
  • Options
    excellent news
  • Options
    Hopefully that'll apply for the other loanees
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was so worried he'd gotten hurt when I saw this thread.

So for loanees, we have Field and Cullen tied down. I'm guessing Green is as well, given he basically went straight back to training with us. No for Davis. And then yes for Smith given he went to City first then came to us. And McGeady has been training as well.

Do I have that right? Basically we assume everyone bar Davis? 
  • Options
    Lyle who??? Cullen showing what a true professional should be doing. Proud of you Josh. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

So for loanees, we have Field and Cullen tied down. I'm guessing Green is as well, given he basically went straight back to training with us. No for Davis. And then yes for Smith given he went to City first then came to us. And McGeady has been training as well.

Which doesnt matter seeing that with Field returning we're now back to five loans

Of course, five loan players is the maximum amount allowed in a matchday squad so Davis has helped Bowyer out in a way

Especially if we get to go to nine subs
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Which doesnt matter seeing that with Field returning we're now back to five loans

Of course, five loan players is the maximum amount allowed in a matchday squad so Davis has helped Bowyer out in a way

Especially if we get to go to nine subs
    I wouldn't have been concerned about having 6 loanees, as it's unlikely that we'd have all 6 of them fit and available for every game anyway

But Davis (or Smith) were the most expendable now that we have Field back
  • Options
    Josh has shown a really committed professional attitude, hope it rubs off on the other players, to get their heads right.
  • Options
    Probably chuffed Lyle's gone so he gets to take the pens now
  • Options
    Only me that thinks those words are a little bit pointed?

I posted a link a few days ago that said the Charlton team were 'livid' with Taylor.

• Options
    Good on you, Josh. What do you reckon, Lyle?
  • Options
    Well done Josh . Gives a hundred per cent every game . Wish we could sign him on a permanent contract , but I think he will be back at Wet Spam next season  .