Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    I've got CAFC cash to use to watch Wigan game but it's asking for £1.50 admin charge.
    Now, I've have £1.50 but don't see why I should pay it. Is this correct?

If so I'll just watch on the dodgybox
  • Options
    I've got CAFC cash to use to watch Wigan game but it's asking for £1.50 admin charge.

Yeah thats correct as its on the Booking website
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    That's shit. Won't bother with the VPN anymore at least. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Yeah thats correct as its on the Booking website
    Wow, even when I've bought it without CAFC there's never been a fee. 

£11.50 is taking the piss I think.

Thanks BTW
  • Options
    £11.50? - Where are you getting that from?

You should be able to purchase a Bundle for the Wigan and Oxford game for £16 (£17.50)
  • Options
    Question here from a non techie. If I buy a fire stick can I watch Valley Pass from a kindle fire tablet on my tv? Thanks in advance for any replies.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Doubled since last season! A bit annoying. I knew I should have got a season pass!
    I would have done, but because we have been/are spending quite a bit of time in the UK due to family problems, it wasn't worth it. Had there been more than 24 hours notice of the increase, it probably would have been. It may well still be worth it. I'll have to do the calculations and then see if I can persuade the missus... 

Bit peeved that we were not told earlier, but I can understand the principle - not really fair to charge us emigrants less than UK residents.     
  • Options
    has anyone managed to pause the app on the phone so you can watch it somehow later on a big screen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Considering there was a massive fuss last week about the premier league charging £15, our deal is a huge piss take.
  • Options
    So the international season pass increased to £195 now from £140.

Is it clear which games this would actually include.

Is there a more detailed statement or a list??

Home only or home and away league?
    Cup?
    etc

Thanks Rich
  • Options
    trickreed said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks Rich
    All league games. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    trickreed said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks Rich
    All league games. 
    Home and away....that's about £4.25 a game?

• Options
    trickreed said:
    Talal said:
    trickreed said:

Cup?
    etc

Thanks Rich
    All league games. 
    Home and away....that's about £4.25 a game?

You do the math
  • Options
    Why is an international season pass a give away £195, yet if you live in the UK you have to pay £10x46= £460?
    Does anyone know why it's more than twice as expensive if you live in the UK?
  • Options
    Why is an international season pass a give away £195, yet if you live in the UK you have to pay £10x46= £460?
    Another reason why it's not surprising people use VPN's. The difference is huge and just doesn't make sense. 
  • Options

The statement on the EFL website below seems to imply that SKY & the EFL have set the price at £10.00 per game.

Sky Sports and the EFL are set to ensure supporters don't miss any of the EFL action when the 20/21 season begins after agreeing a new flexible framework that will ensure league matches are either available for broadcast or streaming whilst access to matches is restricted.

Whilst the doors remain shut to fans, or with limited spectators allowed through the turnstiles, an arrangement exists whereby all matches that are NOT LIVE on Sky Sports will be available to stream by Clubs on iFollow (or Club equivalent service), for a match pass price of £10.

In addition, Season Ticket holders will, under the newly agreed framework, be provided access to all HOME GAMES, subject to the agreement of the Club where the supporter holds a season ticket. In the Championship access to AWAY MIDWEEK matches will also be available as part of the season ticket package if Clubs choose to offer it.

The match by match streaming and season ticket offer is a TEMPORARY measure that has only been put in place whilst Clubs operate at a zero or reduced capacity as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and will be subject to regular review with the first set for early October. Subject to Clubs choosing to provide access to Season Ticket holders this is only available if supporters purchase their 2020/21 ticket by October 4.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

• Options

They did the same for the 9games at the end of last season , but then I noticed they had refunded the £1.50 when I checked my credit card statement. Maybe they will do the same this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh well, if its the same price to stream in the UK as abroad now at least it means I can come home
  • Options
    Does anyone know the cut off time before KO for ordering a live streaming.
  • Options
    There isn't one... You can pay after the game has started if you want 
  • Options
    I don't think £10 a match is too bad. Going to a game can't be beaten, but Valley Pass does a good job. 
  • Options
    There isn't one... You can pay after the game has started if you want 
    Thanks
  • Options
    Question here from a non techie. If I buy a fire stick can I watch Valley Pass from a kindle fire tablet on my tv? Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Answer from a non techie with Firestick.  Not unless you can watch Valley Pass on your tablet and you can link tablet to TV by cable or wireless link. Have Firestick and can't see how it could stream Valley Pass.
    I have HDMI cable plugged in my laptop that's streaming the game. 
  • Options

EFL claim they have lost almost £500,000 due to illegal streaming of matches in the Championship and below as they appeal to fans to help them eliminate threat of piracy

EFL clubs met to discuss the matter this week and launched a campaign, appealing to the better nature of their supporters, urging them to avoid and report illegal streams so they can close them down.

Also with warnings that action can be taken by clubs against fans who abuse the iFollow agreement.

'This is a real problem,' said the EFL's chief commercial officer Ben Wright. 'It's costing our clubs money at a time when they don't need to be losing revenue. Put simply it's stealing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8962349/EFL-claim-lost-500-000-illegal-streaming-matches.html
  • Options
    clive said:

EFL claim they have lost almost £500,000 due to illegal streaming of matches in the Championship and below as they appeal to fans to help them eliminate threat of piracy

EFL clubs met to discuss the matter this week and launched a campaign, appealing to the better nature of their supporters, urging them to avoid and report illegal streams so they can close them down.

Also with warnings that action can be taken by clubs against fans who abuse the iFollow agreement.

'This is a real problem,' said the EFL's chief commercial officer Ben Wright. 'It's costing our clubs money at a time when they don't need to be losing revenue. Put simply it's stealing.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8962349/EFL-claim-lost-500-000-illegal-streaming-matches.html
    If an inferior version of your product with the vulnerability it potentially brings as well is a problem then there is something wrong with the pricing and access to that product. It’s a mass market game with mass market appeal. Make it more available to the mass market by pricing it accordingly. Bitching about £500k when the revenue potential must surely be multiples of that seems to me that the target audience they are going for is too low
  • Options
    So, how are you managing which games to purchase and watch? 

It could be an expensive season. Alternatively, it provides something to follow in the content Lockdown for the price of 3 coffees.