Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

Comments

• Options
    I like the comentators. They do a decent job. Better than the team's performance today !
  • Options
    Agreed Seth. Let’s sack em and get Emma Jones back on commentary.
  • Options
    Agreed Seth. Let’s sack em and get Emma Jones back on commentary.
    She was terrible. Hardly ever described anything.
  • Options
    I am actually abroad (venice) and have purchased Valley Pass for today's game. On the live stream screen it is saying Unautorised Country - Were sorry this content is only available in certain countries. Does anybody know why that may be? Any help appreciated. I do have a vpn if needed, but it will probably slow down the hotel connection.
  • Options
    I am actually abroad (venice) and have purchased Valley Pass for today's game. On the live stream screen it is saying Unautorised Country - Were sorry this content is only available in certain countries. Does anybody know why that may be? Any help appreciated. I do have a vpn if needed, but it will probably slow down the hotel connection.
  • Options
    If it's being shown anywhere on italian TV, VP won't work.

Also clear all your cookies etc.
  • Options
    Can't imagine ot is being shown on Italian TV
  • Options
    Am in Spain and only on mobile. Planning to buy and watch on VP app.

Anybody know of any lawful impediment? :)

Is spain on "the list" for today? Can VPN

Can't see where to buy in app either 
  • Options
    Maybe tweet the club... Could be a case of it being selected for International coverage and you'll only be able to buy the pass if your in random countries like San Marino
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It seems to be working for Holland via VPN so rather than be in Venice I shall transport myself to Amsterdam. The thought has crossed my mind that if it is being shown in Italy maybe I could watch it in a bar, but I still can't imagine it being shown.

Valley pass let me buy the pass, just come up with message on live stream page - unauthorised country which it doesn't do for Holland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had advice to write to Tom Rubashow regarding associated Valley Pass issues. That led nowhere.
  • Options
    On the Valley Pass "Live" tab I currently see "Live Commentary - Charlton Vs Huddersfield' under CAFC Vs QPR badges and "Watch Live - Charlton Vs Huddersfield" under CAFC Vs Sheff Weds badges 

lol
  • Options
    Any streams for today’s game?
  • Options
    Anybody see the match available on valley pass? I've bought it but can't see it as available yet 
  • Options
    Anybody see the match available on valley pass? I've bought it but can't see it as available yet 
    around 2.45

• Options
    The stream picture logo is of Charlton v Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    However press the arrow and you're watching the warm up at Loftus Road.
  • Options
    Looks Ok to me, watching without the VPN on, so I think @MuttleyCAFC might have checked in too early, and it was somehow set up still for the previous game
  • Options
    Anyone have a link to watch it? I've tried the vpn on valley pass and it never works for me, much appreciated if anyone does
  • Options
    Can't get a stream saying content not available in certain countries even though using VPN and have done it before. Paid as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Working for me on Valley Pass app from "Holland" , but had to click on link with Sheff wed badge and "Charlton Vs Huddersfield" written on it 
  • Options
    Got it for 5 minutes through Hong Kong, stopped streaming refreshed and now saying not available in certain countries again.
  • Options
    Who the feck is singing carols, sounds like they've just caught a stray Pierce clearance straight in the nuts!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Does anyone know why they stopped full posting matches after the fact? I remember Olly saying they were hoping to do it on the Monday after Saturday games, and at some point after. And they had been posting them after midweek games as well. But after it taking days and sometimes weeks, it now seems to have stopped completely. My schedule is such these days that it's impossible to watch midweek matches, and tough for Saturday ones, so any light that can be shed would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Sorry, haven't read through the entire thread, so apologies if it has been discussed earlier:

Valley Pass should have a function where you can watch a replay of the game.
    Especially for us who live in time zones, where it's difficult to watch the game at kickoff (example, I'm in NZ and they often start at 4am), I would still consider buying access to the game, if I could watch it later (let's say 8am Sunday morning, where I tend to roll out of bed).
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    Sorry, haven't read through the entire thread, so apologies if it has been discussed earlier:

Especially for us who live in time zones, where it's difficult to watch the game at kickoff (example, I'm in NZ and they often start at 4am), I would still consider buying access to the game, if I could watch it later (let's say 8am Sunday morning, where I tend to roll out of bed).
    It was supposed to. And for a while there it did. They just seem to have stopped posting matches. 

I remember Olly saying when the whole thing first started that they were having to download the matches from an ftp then upload them and were having trouble. Don't know if that's still the case 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Danepak said:

It was supposed to. And for a while there it did. They just seem to have stopped posting matches. 

I remember Olly saying when the whole thing first started that they were having to download the matches from an ftp then upload them and were having trouble. Don't know if that's still the case 
    OK, hopefully they'll look into it.
    At the end of the day, the video service is available for overseas users (without using a VPN) and it's in their own interest to sell as many accesses to matches as possible.
  • Options
    Valley pass had Bowyer pre Hull up for two days after the Bowyer pre QPR press conference. Last time I looked the latest U23 highlights were Colchester away from November 11th. There are sometimes sporadic U18 highlights, but to get the FA youth cup highlights I notice you have to be a subscriber (which I am, but a very disappointed one) but you can get it from West Ham for free.
    I have taken advice and written in, my point was acknowledged but no action taken.
    What you get for your money is simply random thin gruel.

No rhyme or reason to when any highlights appear.
    Poor away commentary.
    No rhyme or reason regarding interviews.
    Misleading information for live access if abroad.
    No fan engagement for emails.
    Obliged to go on certain platforms to engage like blimmin twitter.
    Lol's from Ollywozere if you dare criticise.
    Criticism met with response that unpaid Charlton fans do the Comms so shut up!

My suggestions are:
    Live press conferences, with the recording appearing within an hour of them happening. Ambient sound left on, especially U23 and U18's.
    Reliable timing of highlights, as in within one day for all first team, U23 and U18 matches.
    Commentators that describe the action.
    User friendly pages.
    Response to emails.

Some clubs like Cardiff and QPR and Crystal Palace can stream U23 games live.

Oh, and to stop the sneering at paying customers for daring to complain.

For now it would be great to see on Valley Pass all match highlights since November 11th at first team, U23 and U18 levels.

I now await being dug out by Comms teams mates with all my points ignored as per usual.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I contacted Valley Pass, in regards to showing the games On Demand.
    Unfortunately they only get the games on the Monday, which is a tad late for me, as I want to watch it, not already knowing the result.

Also, they did upload them earlier this season, but decided to stop, as the number of viewers was quite low.

Anyway, the QPR game is now available, as they decided to upload again, after I emailed them.

I love the service from Valley Pass. I almost feel shameless even asking for them to improve the service. Not long ago, the best option was live radio commentary. Being able to watch almost all games is a dream come through.
  • Options
    Too many people casting the games onto their televisions. We're never good on TV and you're all damaging us.