Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Lmao okay guys he's a shit signing, get rid.
  • I trust Bowyer with any midfielder. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Lmao okay guys he's a shit signing, get rid.
    Wierd reaction. Has anyone said he is a shit signing? The vast majority of posters are overwhelmingly positive, and the only thing has come up, and rightly so, is his lack of experience.

He could be the most technically gifted player in the world, but you still got have that understanding of how the game works.
  • edited August 2019
    Sounds like a good signing, we need a box to box all rounder in the midfield. Agree with the above, I trust Bowyer’s judgement, especially with midfielders. I’m sure he’ll return to Chelsea a better player and hopefully his performances mean we’ll want him back next year.
  • Ive always been critical of how many players chelsea loan out, but I'll make an exception on this occasion! Sounds decent.
  • Gotta love the positiveness here for a kid who hasn’t played a senior League fixture .

lets hope we’ve got the Scott Parker after the loan deal not the pup who played before it .

if we stay up it’ll be a miracle , let’s home this lad is a miracle worker 
  • edited August 2019
    Steve Gallen didn’t do too badly with Beilik and Cullen. I trust his judgement on this one. Highly thought of at Chelsea so 🤞 
  • my thoughts very much echo others. Very pleased we've got finally someone in (who seems pretty well rated) but Bielik and Cullen have effectively set the bar on expectations for this 'midfield role loan from a Prem club'.

This is potentially a big, impacting player for us so really hope for everyone it works out.  

Good luck Conor

• Sponsored links:

• GET IN THERE .. Welcome Conor and all the very best during your stay at the Valley .. you are a VERY welcome addition to our squad
  • Seems to have the look and playing style of D Poyet, hopefully with an attitude upgrade
  • edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    If he is their Academy Player of the Year then he must have some quality about him.

Based on the way Bowyer described him, it sounds like he has a similar traits to a Scott Parker type player - tenacious all rounder. Let’s hope he adds something!
    Cullen replacement, will he he be an upgrade though? 
    He was good enough to make the bench in a Europa League final, have any of our other players done that? 
    so that automatically makes him better than Cullen does it?  

The proof will be in the pudding in how he performs this year on paper it does look like it but who knows. 
    Maybe. Don't know yet. I certainly don't think Cullen's good enough for Europa League Final teams.... Nor is Bielik in my opinion. 

I meant he's likely an upgrade on our other players we have right now. Be interesting to see if he can handle the physicality of the Championship. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    If he is their Academy Player of the Year then he must have some quality about him.

Based on the way Bowyer described him, it sounds like he has a similar traits to a Scott Parker type player - tenacious all rounder. Let’s hope he adds something!
    Cullen replacement, will he he be an upgrade though? 
    He was good enough to make the bench in a Europa League final, have any of our other players done that? 
    Well best get Rob Green signed up 
    At one point he was England's no.1 so probably better than Amos still.
  • _MrDick said:
    Steve Gallen didn’t do too badly with Beilik and Cullen. I trust his judgement on this one. Highly thought of at Chelsea so 🤞 
    No no no remember Driesen found them haha!
  • Leuth said:
    Seems to have the look and playing style of D Poyet, hopefully with an attitude upgrade
    Reminds me more of a CM version of a young Beckham. Some great long balls in that video, seems to have some finesse and can take a free kick. 

Very useful player if he can do it in the Men's game.
  • Happy with it as the clips I've seen he looks decent..........HOWEVER.........we need some experience in the team too, especially in midfield.
  • No hope of getting these top young prospects if it wasn't for Bowyer. 
  • Happy with it as the clips I've seen he looks decent..........HOWEVER.........we need some experience in the team too, especially in midfield.
    Yes, I hope we don't end up with 5 talented kids as our loanees
  • He may grow a few inches during the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

We still need 2 more signings for the midfield, so still might bring in some experience.
  • It's an interesting one and at a more sane, sensibly ran football club, one where you'd be very happy to pick up one of Chelsea's best kids to supplement the squad. I worry though that at 19 our expectations need serious tempering as to the impact he can potentially make and that more generally we don't become over reliant on loanees.
  • This is very pleasing 
  • edited August 2019

Bournemouth Addick said:
    It's an interesting one and at a more sane, sensibly ran football club, one where you'd be very happy to pick up one of Chelsea's best kids to supplement the squad. I worry though that at 19 our expectations need serious tempering as to the impact he can potentially make and that more generally we don't become over reliant on loanees.

his Chelsea mate, 20 year old Mason Mount (great name b t w) played 38 games for Derby last season and is now a possible to make the Chelsea starting bench .. any young man who can survive at Chelsea with all they have to choose from has just got to be 'good quality'
  • He may grow a few inches during the season. 
    How tall is he?
  • Jay Dasilva played most games for us when loaned from Chelsea 
  • Got a good feeling about this one, welcome Conor. 
  • Have we ever signed this many players with such little experience before , for the league we are entering .
    it really is a joke to expect that much from these inexperienced (especially at this level ) new players to hit the ground running and help us stay up .

as it stands this will be 10 times more a miracle than last seasons promotion 
  • Sounds like a good signing.

One down, six to go.

Roland f**k off. #GetReal #GetOut