Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't insist that a 19 year old with no previous league experience become an automatic starter straight away in the Championship. After all it took Dasilva  a couple of months to becomes a first choice player
  • Bowyer’s aiming for a squad of 22 and to do that still needs 4/5 more. Gallagher will get plenty of game time.
  • edited August 2019
    I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't insist that a 19 year old with no previous league experience become an automatic starter straight away in the Championship. After all it took Dasilva  a couple of months to becomes a first choice player
    I disagree with that. He made the bench in the Europa cup final. He will need to be playing football to progress. Bowyer will not want to send any loan player back that is deemed a failure by the way. How you have to think about it is - do Chelsea care about us? The answer should be your answer. To succeed in the loan market, understand that, as Bowyer does, and make it work for you. 
  • edited August 2019
    I should think Chelsea's only expectation right now is that Gallagher impresses in training and earns a place in the matchday squad. 

The player is only 19. He's only starting out. Not really any previous experience.

They already know that Bowyer will play the lad if he's good enough.
    And they will trust that as the season progresses, he proves himself sufficiently to get game time under his belt and establish himself in the 1st team.

• edited August 2019
    Scoham said:
    Bowyer’s aiming for a squad of 22 and to do that still needs 4/5 more. Gallagher will get plenty of game time.
    We currently have 19 so that only means 3 more, a midfielder and 2 strikers I would guess. 

Would agree we need 4/5, maybe let one of Lapslie or Morgan go out (I'd prefer the former). 
  • edited August 2019
    A few days to go and we are producing rumours on how much game time Chelsea want Gallagher to have.

Really hope it picks up tomorrow!
  • Scoham said:
    Bowyer’s aiming for a squad of 22 and to do that still needs 4/5 more. Gallagher will get plenty of game time.
    We currently have 19 so that only means 3 more, a midfielder and 2 strikers I would guess. 

Would agree we need 4/5, maybe let one of Lapslie or Morgan go out (I'd prefer the former). 
    I think a loan would be beneficial for both but think it depends who the type of Midfielders we can bring in

i.e. If we focus on those that can pass then we need keep Lapslie as if anything he's good at breaking up play and simply getting in the way of the opposition
  • The most important signings Bow can make is getting Taylor and Morgan (and Djik?) to pen longer deals.
  • The most important signings Bow can make is getting Taylor and Morgan (and Djik?) to pen longer deals.
    Can sort that out after Thursday quite easily though

Bowyer can also relax in the knowledge that he doesnt have to rush and has a few months till January to sort them
  • A few days to go and we are producing rumours on how much game time Chelsea want Gallagher to have.

Really hope it picks up tomorrow!
    Perhaps it's wise not expect too much to soon from a no doubt talented but completely raw youngster?

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Bowyer said 4 or 5, the fifth might be a replacement for Dijksteel if he goes.
  • Knew nothing of him before he signed for us but I thought he looked assured when he came on yesterday which is very impressive for a 19 year old. Will be interesting to see if he can scrap his way to a first team place and who he might replace if he can (JFC?). 
  • I think it’s lunacy to let Morgan go on loan. His replacement this late in the window won’t be as good as he is!!!!
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Bowyer said 4 or 5, the fifth might be a replacement for Dijksteel if he goes.
    I don't doubt Bowyer wants 5, but that's going to be tough. I just mean if we get 3 more with no departures, we have our squad of 22 with 2 in each position. Of course anymore on top of that might lead to departures of anyone out of Dijksteel, Morgan or Lapslie. 
  • edited August 2019
    I think it’s lunacy to let Morgan go on loan. His replacement this late in the window won’t be as good as he is!!!!
    Morgan on the ball is very good for his age and he has vision and a great weight of pass. But we have to look at the bigger picture and what will be better for his development. Playing regularly in League One and learning the ugly side of the game is going to better him far more than coming on once every 3 games for 15 minutes.

The loans we bring in this week will have to be better than what Albie is right now, Bowyer wouldn’t do it otherwise.
  • edited August 2019
    I'd prefer Albie stayed too. 

He offers that raw playing style that's so hard to read. Honestly think we'd have won 3-1 if he'd shot rather than passed to JFC as he's got those in the locker, though that was more expected given his position.
  • Liked Connor's directness, his pace of pass yesterday was excellent, he really pinged one out wide mid stride and burst into the box... that sort of directness is going to really assist us this season... 

• Dazzler21 said:

He offers that raw playing style that's so hard to read. Honestly think we'd have won 3-1 if he'd shot rather than passed to JFC as he's got those in the locker, though that was more expected given his position.
    Albie's touch was excellence, his low centre of gravity and close control looked excellent I have no idea why we would loan him out... 
  • mascot88 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Albie's touch was excellence, his low centre of gravity and close control looked excellent I have no idea why we would loan him out... 
     It's his defensive side I believe. Something I'm really not sure why Bowyer feels he can't develop here?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mascot88 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

It's his defensive side I believe. Something I'm really not sure why Bowyer feels he can't develop here?
    I think Bowyer would prefer he learned it playing every week and whilst he is learning it, any mistakes not impacting on the team. Having said that, Bowyer does need to bring in a player that is currently able to offer us more in the Championship than Morgan. But what needs to be remembered is that the reason Bowyer and some fans would like to see Albie be able to go on loan, is not because they don't rate him, but the complete opposite,
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    mascot88 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Have you considered that the 'threat' of a loan was to gee Albie up during pre-season?
  • Could have been or it also could have been an attempt to show the owner that we still need more signings as our youth aren't quite ready.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mascot88 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Have you considered that the 'threat' of a loan was to gee Albie up during pre-season?
    That’s exactly what I was thinking, I know Bowyer had the hump for him coming back from injury a bit lardy , so I’m guessing he thinks there may be a bit of an attitude problem so is playing some mind games with him.
  • I think it’s lunacy to let Morgan go on loan. His replacement this late in the window won’t be as good as he is!!!!
    If Morgan is going to go out on loan it'll be to a league one or two side. They can sign players until 2 September.

So Morgan will only go out on loan later in the month if we sign good enough midfielders this week.
  • Mustard.
  • This kid is something else.
  • Future England international if that's the standard he's at right now.
  • Thought he was our best player today before his goal and then that topped it off. Fantastic first full game for us and when Kayal and Field are fit we’ve got some good midfield options.