Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    We’re lucky to have him I think he’d slot straight in to most championship sides 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    valleyfan said:
    POTY , nailed on! 
    Jonny Williams will give him a good run for his money
    As will Lockyer. Suspect Gallagher will need a rest at some point. He’s still a kid playing at a really high level. 
  • Options
    It does seem that we are now incredibly attractive to sides looking to loan young midfielders out. Bowyer and Jacko are great fountains of knowledge in that position
  • Options
    He is excellent and Bowyer is giving him a platform.  Arsenal missed a trick with Nketiah. After we groomed Beilik into a £10m sale for them they sent Nketiah to Leeds to sit on the bench.  Would have played every minute for us so far.
    Arsenal made  a financial decision, rather than a football one. I think that is a bit short-sighted. In all honesty, Chelsea won't have had massive expectations of Gallagher making it to the first team anytime soon, they are at a level where they buy in finished products (maybe not this season lol). But he has been sent to the right place, and they will certainly be increasing their interest in the lad, which suits everybody.
  • Options
    If he keeps this up Chelsea may recall him in January 
    I think he'd only be recalled if Chelsea got hit by major injuries. If not then it's far better for him to continue to grow here than go back and perhaps have an outside chance of getting on their bench, which is obviously the reason they loaned him in the first place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he got an Irish Granny?
  • Options
    Good luck to him - seems a genuine talent.
  • Options
    No way would Chelsea take him back. It is best for everybody he stays here and improves under Bowyer.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Going to be a great player and will play regularly in the Premier League. Being with us is perfect for him because Bow and Jacko combined know the position better than anyone else in this league, and that’s only going to improve him.

Getting him running into the box, goal scoring positions, especially at his age is invaluable, it’s a fantastic habit to have.

He works exceptionally hard out of possession and has great technique when in possession. His positioning needs work, but he is young, inexperienced and he makes up for it with his desire. When you think that him and Morgan are the same age (Albie is 4 days older), you can see why Albie needs to go out on loan and learn the game, he’s not to the same level.

Personally wouldn’t say we are lucky to have Gallagher, more we are very attractive to big clubs who want to send out their top young talents, especially now we’re a Championship club. Our work with previous young players only enhances that too. Therefore, I don’t class it as luck, more rewards for how we develop players.

He is going to need a rest at some point, the international break could come at a very good time as playing as much as he has, to the standard he has already, we need to be careful of him. Having Kayal, Field, Forster-Caskey, Oztumer, and Aneke all coming into the side who didn’t start or in the squad today helps even more. It’s a great position to be in, but right now, let the boy continue his exceptional start to his senior career. You never know, he could well be this season’s Mason Mount in the Championship.
    Are there England U19 matches during the break?
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Going to be a great player and will play regularly in the Premier League. Being with us is perfect for him because Bow and Jacko combined know the position better than anyone else in this league, and that’s only going to improve him.

Getting him running into the box, goal scoring positions, especially at his age is invaluable, it’s a fantastic habit to have.

He works exceptionally hard out of possession and has great technique when in possession. His positioning needs work, but he is young, inexperienced and he makes up for it with his desire. When you think that him and Morgan are the same age (Albie is 4 days older), you can see why Albie needs to go out on loan and learn the game, he’s not to the same level.

Personally wouldn’t say we are lucky to have Gallagher, more we are very attractive to big clubs who want to send out their top young talents, especially now we’re a Championship club. Our work with previous young players only enhances that too. Therefore, I don’t class it as luck, more rewards for how we develop players.

He is going to need a rest at some point, the international break could come at a very good time as playing as much as he has, to the standard he has already, we need to be careful of him. Having Kayal, Field, Forster-Caskey, Oztumer, and Aneke all coming into the side who didn’t start or in the squad today helps even more. It’s a great position to be in, but right now, let the boy continue his exceptional start to his senior career. You never know, he could well be this season’s Mason Mount in the Championship.
    England v Greece - 5th September
    Germany v England - 9th September

If he were to be called up to England U20:
    England v Holland - 5th September
    Switzerland v England 9th September

To be honest, when I wrote that last night I completely forgot about the under age groups. It’s a shame as he really could do with a good rest.
  • Options
    His finish yesterday was something else, so calm and cool how many times have you seen seasoned premiership strikers fluff chances like that.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

England v Greece - 5th September
    Germany v England - 9th September

If he were to be called up to England U20:
    England v Holland - 5th September
    Switzerland v England 9th September

To be honest, when I wrote that last night I completely forgot about the under age groups. It’s a shame as he really could do with a good rest.
    I imagine we will be in regular contact with Chelsea over how many games he will play, it's important not to overplay 19 year olds
  • Options
    He should have done the tunnel jump!
    Too knackered!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he'd only be recalled if Chelsea got hit by major injuries. If not then it's far better for him to continue to grow here than go back and perhaps have an outside chance of getting on their bench, which is obviously the reason they loaned him in the first place.
    The only time Gallagher could be recalled is during the January transfer window.

Why would Chelsea do that? If they need players, they would just buy a new midfielder, the finished article.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    The only time Gallagher could be recalled is during the January transfer window.

Why would Chelsea do that? If they need players, they would just buy a new midfielder, the finished article.

Might have something to do with Chelsea's transfer ban.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Chelsea have 21 players out on loan, I imagine they'd recall the likes of Moses, Drinkwater or Zappacosta first

Looking at their other loaned out players, Lewis Baker is 24 and has played 139 games on loan to other clubs. And 1 FA Cup game for Chelsea in 2014...
  • Options
    He's not going to be recalled. Would make no sense. Cullen on the other hand... 
  • Options
    Oh, I don't think they will recall him, he is developing nicely here, so would be a bad move for everyone involved.

Just pointing out that Chelsea can't simply buy someone because of their transfer ban.
  • Options
    Did he go out on loan last year?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I'd forgotten about that!

But surely they've other more experienced players on loan that they could recall first.
    Anyhow, I still feel it's unlikely he'd be recalled. 

Chelsea can see the lad is happy, getting games, scoring goals, progressing well.
    They know he's in a good place for his development.

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Nope this is his first experience of first team football

He did play in their EFL Trophy campaign last year though
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    No, this is his first league football which makes his performances all the more remarkable.