Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Welcome Conor. Looks like a player who is not afraid to recieve the ball in the middle of the park, and get the game moving forward, which was always our issue before Cullen came in.

Wonder if he was one of LB/SG first choices for a loan?
  • Options
    Excellent signing, well done Lee and Steve Gallen, just the sort of player we needed in through the door and the first of a few I hope. 
  • Options
    Welcome Conor. Looks like a player who is not afraid to recieve the ball in the middle of the park, and get the come moving forward, which was always put issue before Cullen came in.

Wonder if he was one of LB/SG first choices for a loan?
    They have been after for him for a weeks. Millwall were also interested so i am pleased we have finally got him.
    Hopefully a couple more in to improve everyones spirits now
  • Options
    Intrigued by this one, sounds like we’ve finally got our 2019/20 Cullen.  I think tomorrow may come too soon for him but I fancy a cameo around the 75th minute make.  
  • Options
    We heard rumours of this a while back so I don't thin k it is a desperate signing. It takes a lot of work when you can't offer a lot of money  and others want him, but Bowyer clearly sold the game time aspect and our record with loanees.
  • Options
    This is so encouraging. 
    Can he play tomorrow?
  • Options
    Good signing this. Let’s hope the other four are as good.
  • Options
    Get Wells in before tomorrow and we will have the game wrapped up by 45mins Saturday ;)
  • Options

Welcome, looks a good signing. All the best Conor, hopefully a few more please :)

CAFCsayer said:
    Already follow his Mrs on Instagram... If she's going to be coming to games he is a welcome addition

Link? or name...
  • Options
    This is so encouraging. 
    Can he play tomorrow?
    Yeah he'll be in the Squad tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really happy with this one ! 
  • Options
    Promising signing, and some much needed quality in midfield
  • Options
    Good luck Conor, you can learn a lot with Lee and Johnny
  • Options
    Looks like a quality young player, he will enjoy playing for  us as we know Bow likes to play a passing game. Best of luck son hope you have a great season.
  • Options

Lots of potential.

Any rumblings of more today?

• Options
    I would guess that the clincher would be a promise to play him as long as he is fit.
  • Options
    Welcome to the house of fun Conor, can i be the first to spell your name incorrectly?
  • Options
    Standard Youtube video making him look like the next Messi. You can tell his going to be a flair player with the short sleeves and gloves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5mCnWE88o

Welcome Conor, hope he starts tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get in a striker and I’d be way more confident about tomorrow 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Standard Youtube video making him look like the next Messi. You can tell his going to be a flair player with the short sleeves and gloves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm5mCnWE88o

Welcome Conor, hope he starts tomorrow
    Know it only shows part of his game but like how he tries to stay on his feet at times
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Think we should remember he's never played senior football and is only 19.

This isn't quite the same as signing Cullen and Bielik last year, who had both played senior football and were coming to us to play in the 3rd division.

If Chelsea didn’t think he is ready for it there’s no way they would let him go out on loan and they’d certainly not let him go to a team if they thought he wouldn’t fit in with the style of play and do well there
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Think we should remember he's never played senior football and is only 19.

This isn't quite the same as signing Cullen and Bielik last year, who had both played senior football and were coming to us to play in the 3rd division.

People will probably not agree with you, but I do get your point. I would say Gallagher is definitely more of a risk then say Cullen at least. I am sure there has been many highly rated 'wonderkids' or have gone out on loan and not performed or never reached their potential.

LB and SG are not going to get it right every time, however even with their current financial restraints, they seem to have a very clear idea and process of the sort of player they want, and the style they want to play - which I think can only be a good thing. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    If he is their Academy Player of the Year then he must have some quality about him.

Based on the way Bowyer described him, it sounds like he has a similar traits to a Scott Parker type player - tenacious all rounder. Let’s hope he adds something!
    Cullen replacement, will he he be an upgrade though? 
    He was good enough to make the bench in a Europa League final, have any of our other players done that? 
    so that automatically makes him better than Cullen does it?  

The proof will be in the pudding in how he performs this year on paper it does look like it but who knows. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:
    If he is their Academy Player of the Year then he must have some quality about him.

Based on the way Bowyer described him, it sounds like he has a similar traits to a Scott Parker type player - tenacious all rounder. Let’s hope he adds something!
    He was good enough to make the bench in a Europa League final, have any of our other players done that? 
    We did have our own Academy kid who played in the Champions League Final ;)
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafctom said:

Well best get Rob Green signed up 
  • Options
    Fair point about his age and lack of experience but this represents a big opportunity for him. Perhaps it's unfair to expect too much but we'll need him to step up. Looks and sounds a good young player and above all sounds like someone with the right attitude for what he's walking into. Good luck Conor.