Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    What is alleged is pretty disgraceful and it suggests some very naive investors.
  • Options
    Didn’t his son used to go to the games quite often and post on here? 
  • Options
    As the story is now out in the open I can now go public with who the missing investor is that Muir has been waiting so long for.......
    LoL HoW hIlArIoUs
  • Options
    I wonder if those who were so critical of Paul Elliott when the news of his anger with Rufus broke have now changed their minds.

"The truth is out there". Sometimes it just takes a while for it to come out.
  • Options
    I wonder if those who were so critical of Paul Elliott when the news of his anger with Rufus broke have now changed their minds.

Not sure that Rufus being charged changes the situation, to be honest. He’s also innocent until proven guilty, but the details have been known for a long while.
  • Options

Not sure that Rufus being charged changes the situation, to be honest. He’s also innocent until proven guilty, but the details have been known for a long while.
    Indeed they have been known for some time. But not when this thread was started:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/53407/from-the-sun-paul-elliott-in-race-row-with-richard-rufus/p1
  • Options
    Curbs said he was the best England defender never to win a cap.
    Can't argue with that. 
    Steve Bruce? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still not nearly as much as Roland will lose, every cloud 
  • Options
    Intresting that it has taken that long to charge him, most of that has been in the public domain for quite a while. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Curbs said he was the best England defender never to win a cap.
    Can't argue with that. 
    Steve Bruce? 
    Billy Bonds?
  • Options
    I thought this came to court previously - or was that a bankruptcy hearing? I know he said only God could judge him, think he might need  to reconsider that now.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    i recall when Powell got his first cap. We were all expecting it to be Rufus. I think he would have been a real asset to England with his man to man abilities in certain games. 
  • Options
    I think it was a civil proceeding previously.  It was expected criminal proceedings would follow but it definitely has taken time.

• Options
    Ok 3rd best defender never to win a cap  😊
    I don't think Bruce was appreciably better than Rufus he just played for a 'big' club so got all the kudos from that. Bonds is a good shout.
  • Options
    Really old news. I thought he was sent down years ago, when it all came out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really old news. I thought he was sent down years ago, when it all came out.

It would appear not
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I don't think Bruce was appreciably better than Rufus he just played for a 'big' club so got all the kudos from that. Bonds is a good shout.
    Steve Bruce's limitations were masked by the fact he played alongside Gary Palister - Bruce not in my view a top class defender, a view that was clearly shared by various England managers
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Steve Bruce's limitations were masked by the fact he played alongside Gary Palister - Bruce not in my view a top class defender, a view that was clearly shared by various England managers
    Part of the reason Bruce never got an England cap stems back to a pre Italia 90 "B" Bobby Robson picked the squad and made Bruce captain, Graham Taylor managed the team on the day, I can't remember the details though.

Another reason was Walker, Adams, Bold, Keown, Palister and for some reason Keith Curle.  You don't play in 2 double winning teams, let alone captain them, if your that limited. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    How quickly people forget Roger Johnson
    No they fucking don't 
    if you don't fucking like it, then don't post
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    How quickly people forget Roger Johnson
    No they fucking don't 
    if you don't fucking like it, then don't post
    Ditto
  • Options