Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonny Williams - now at Gillingham (p47)

Comments

• Options
    Is the tingle back Fanny.......??
  • Options
    Obviously just waiting to see the new kit.
  • Options
    Cool
  • Options
    Yep great news. Will need his quality at championship level. Well done Jonny. Good decision mate!!
  • Options
    razil said:
    well on the way to Legend status considering.. lets hope he confirms it by doing it for the team in the Championship and staying fit too
    Don’t get to far ahead 

however it’s really refreshing  to see a player be here due to want and enjoyment rather than money 

a lot could learn from this 
    Maybe, but perhaps he signed today because that big offer never came.
  • Options
    Is the tingle back Fanny.......??
    It's definitely reached the "ting" stage.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    razil said:
    well on the way to Legend status considering.. lets hope he confirms it by doing it for the team in the Championship and staying fit too
    Don’t get to far ahead 

however it’s really refreshing  to see a player be here due to want and enjoyment rather than money 

Bit early to give up on getting a bigger offer though

Being a free transfer he wasnt restricted to the transfer window either so could easily have waited a few weeks into the season when am sure a team will lose a midfielder to injury so will be tempted into panic spending
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    razil said:
    Don’t get to far ahead 

Bit early to give up on getting a bigger offer though

Being a free transfer he wasnt restricted to the transfer window either so could easily have waited a few weeks into the season when am sure a team will lose a midfielder to injury so will be tempted into panic spending
    Plenty of players out there, he’s had injury problems and isn’t a goalscorer (yet?). With the budgets Championship clubs other than us have they can get someone more proven, or with more potential.
  • Options
    Great news. Let’s just hope he stays fit. 
  • Options
    We thought he’d gone for free
    but he’s back to play for Lee. 
  • Options
    Great news, refreshing to know that we have players that are happy to be at our club, Bowyer, Gallen and co, take a bow. 
  • Options
    Only just only just seen this, great news made my evening.
  • Options
    WSA said:

Welcome back Jonny.

God Nabby’s big :joy:
  • Options
    Get innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! 
  • Options
    Great news hope he stays fit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always wanted to stay and was always about waiting for the right negotiations with the club. We had to bring in the players we have so far before dealing with Jonny, it was only right for all parties.

Absolutely delighted for both us and Jonny. Briefly met him a week before Wembley on the way back from The FA Cup Final, and he really is such a lovely, friendly man.

Cannot wait to see him smash the Championship with us.
  • Options
    Quality signing. Says a lot about the environment Lee Bowyer has created. 
  • Options
    Ok, we need more end product.  But so good we have got this over the line.  Says to Cullen and Bielik "let's  get the band back together. Says to the world "this is a great place to play". 
  • Options
    Just thé kind of news i popped on here hoping to fond. Excellent
  • Options
    Good news.

Bowyer and Jackson (both midfield/attacking midfield players in their day) like midfielders don't they?

Last season saw Pratley, Lapslie, Morgan, Cullen, Bielik and Williams all signed or breaking through with amounts of first team games.

In terms of 2019-2020 I'd say we're ok in goal now and need maybe an extra defender and an extra striker. Otherwise the squad looks better than I would have expected after the May/June departures.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I love this squad, so many likeable characters playing for us nowdays.

I think we need about 4/5 more and we will be ready for the scrap, which I am becoming more and more confident we will survive.

Welcome back Jonny 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    ross1 said:
    Lazy from the BBC as its the same interview before the Play-Off Final as he mentions the game coming up 12secs in
  • Options
    Lovely times