Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Purrington - signed for Ross County (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Lyle Taylor and Will Grigg are perfect examples of how budgets mean sweet FA!!

We signed someone for squat last season, got us promoted

Sunderland on the other hand spent £4m on Will Grigg and did absolutely squat!!

Yes it would be bloody brilliant if Bowyer and Gallen had a proper Championship budget to deal with as am sure they'd show us exactly the sort of player they could attract
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Why are people complaining we allegedly haggled over the fee for Ben and got a fucking good deal c.£100k? That's excellent business regardless of who the owner is ffs!
    Because we're bigger than Rotherham, we should have given them a million, out of the kindness of our hearts!
  • Options
     Still arguing with myself I see. 
    Just thought of something else that’s worrying me. Has dick steel signed yet.hope we don’t lose him how much longer has he on his contract.
  • Options
    Thought it was right good bit of business rangers getting Aribo that cheap didn’t you. Some people so selfless 
  • Options
    Thought it was right good bit of business rangers getting Aribo that cheap didn’t you. Some people so selfless

Seriously dude what the actual fuck are you on about? You're picking a fight with yourself 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm sure you’ll all be moaning the squad ain’t big enough in a few weeks and millwall have spent more than us.
    The above is straw man #1.
    So your saying Roland strategy is right all along. 
    The above is straw man #2
    Thought it was right good bit of business rangers getting Aribo that cheap didn’t you.
    The above is straw man #3.
    So we all love Roland now and you’ll believe him when he says if we are in with a chance of promotion at Christmas he’ll push the boat out and buy some players for the promotion push.
    The above is straw man #4. Just an FYI, a straw man argument is not considered a valid point of view. Maybe just give your opinion rather than creating a false option and then hanging it on someone else so you have something to argue against. Someone saying that getting Ben is "good business" (and it is) is not the same as suddenly being in bed with Roland.
  • Options
    Sorry Roland 
    Someone show him for fux sake...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't at his best yesterday probably due to the knock he was carrying before the game according to Bowyer in is his post match comments. Shame Page has been so injury prone otherwise he needn't have been risked. Dooesn't auger well for the 3 games in week though starting with Leeds next Saturday  :(.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Wasn't at his best yesterday probably due to the knock he was carrying before the game according to Bowyer in is his post match comments. Shame Page has been so injury prone otherwise he needn't have been risked. Dooesn't auger well for the 3 games in week though starting with Leeds next Saturday  :(.
    Hopefully Adam Matthews can get up to speed and play there if required
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Hopefully Adam Matthews can get up to speed and play there if required
    Let's hope so and that he is more comfortable on his 'wrong' foot than Solly is 🤞
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    It makes sense now as his last 2 performances have been amongst his worst for us
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Seems like he gets caught out of position a lot, too. I didn't see the Wigan game but the Birmingham game he was terrible.

Our full backs are certainly our weakest areas, especially down that left hand side. League 1 Purrington, and if that fails we've got Lewis 'legs like quavers' Page

• Options
    Purrington is playing with an injury, in case anyone missed it.
  • Options
    Whenever i see Purrington play, his only pass is either sideways or backwards...normally backwards.
    Will always love him for 'that' goal, but not over impressed.
  • Options
    Field has played left back in his youth days at WBA if we wanted a natural left footed option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nobody has played brilliantly over the last two games (with maybe the exception of Lockyer) so I’m confused why Purrington is getting singled out.

We as Charlton fans seem to gravitate towards digging out full backs and I’ve never understood why...
    Not just full backs.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Nobody has played brilliantly over the last two games (with maybe the exception of Lockyer) so I’m confused why Purrington is getting singled out.

We as Charlton fans seem to gravitate towards digging out full backs and I’ve never understood why...
    It’s the position on the pitch that will always be the most exposed. When we are not playing well or getting results, people always go for the player playing in the most vulnerable position outfield. We have seen it over and over again and it’s tiresome. As said already, Purrington is one of the least of our problems. Especially if he’s carrying an injury, it’s not his fault his competition for the position has constantly been injured the whole time.

Solid player who rarely lets us down. Let’s not make him a scapegoat.
    Is he the "least of our problems"?  After a goal scoring striker to fill in for Taylor do we have any other problems?

He brought balance to our team last season because we had in effect played with out a left back for 2 months.  He is a decent player, I don't think anyone can doubt that but there was a reason rotherham let him go and no one else came in for him. 

Is he a good player, yes obviously.  Is he "first choice in a competitive championship team good"?  Probably not, but the same could be extended to a few others. 

He is here because he was cheapish, he was cheapish for a reason.  Instead of "scapegoating" people need to manage their expectations. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

It’s the position on the pitch that will always be the most exposed. When we are not playing well or getting results, people always go for the player playing in the most vulnerable position outfield. We have seen it over and over again and it’s tiresome. As said already, Purrington is one of the least of our problems. Especially if he’s carrying an injury, it’s not his fault his competition for the position has constantly been injured the whole time.

Solid player who rarely lets us down. Let’s not make him a scapegoat.
    Is he the "least of our problems"?  After a goal scoring striker to fill in for Taylor do we have any other problems?

He brought balance to our team last season because we had in effect played with out a left back for 2 months.  He is a decent player, I don't think anyone can doubt that but there was a reason rotherham let him go and no one else came in for him. 

Is he a good player, yes obviously.  Is he "first choice in a competitive championship team good"?  Probably not, but the same could be extended to a few others. 

He is here because he was cheapish, he was cheapish for a reason.  Instead of "scapegoating" people need to manage their expectations. 
    Lyle Taylor was cheaper than Ben Purrington... just saying. Transfer fee isn’t always the best indication of ability
  • Options
    No player can be described as having a bad game or not being good at any point in their Charlton careers or they are being scapegoated , the end .