Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Purrington - signed for Ross County (p23)

Comments

• Options
    Very happy with that
  • Options
    Amazing
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
                      Phillips

Dijksteel Lockyer Sarr Purrington

JFC
     Pratley                     Morgan

Williams (Please)

Taylor        Aneke 

AMB, Solly, Pearce, Page, Lapslie, Maloney, Bonne, 

Still need some midfielders urgently but it’s starting to take shape!
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted

Really didnt expect him to return, especially when Paul Warne said there were a few clubs interested in him a few days ago
  • Options
    Not sure Maloney is with 1st team in Spain, but I see need to fill the bench.
  • Options
    Is ironic though

Joe Mattock is the Rotherham first choice Left-Back, couldnt cut it at the Championship last season with them

Ben Purrington is their second choice, just won promotion from League One, didnt really get a chance to prove himself in the Championshp

Rotherham could easily have just moved on their better player

Although imagine its a bit like the issue we had with Elliott and Randolph in goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As everyone else has said, solid signing. You can tell he's a good character and wants to be here, combine that with his solid performances every week and that's all I want from a Charlton player. Welcome back Ben.

Loved the little announcement from Naby
    Agree with this solid 7 out of 10 without being spectacular
  • Options
    Good signing. We'll want a solid defender in the Championship and Ben is that. Page can't be trusted to stay fit so we need another genuine first choice option there, which we so rarely have. Need to get in another striker and pad the midfield next
  • Options
    Is ironic though

Joe Mattock is the Rotherham first choice Left-Back, couldnt cut it at the Championship last season with them

Ben Purrington is their second choice, just won promotion from League One, didnt really get a chance to prove himself in the Championshp

Although imagine its a bit like the issue we had with Elliott and Randolph in goal
    I wouldn't say Joe Mattock couldn't cut it in the Championship, Forever.

He's got a number of England U21 caps ....... plus has made more than 250 Championship appearances, including 45 last season.

He's evidently a good player. He's certainly denied Ben Purrington his chance at Rotherham.
    That doesn't necessarily mean they didn't rate Purrington.

Maybe just a case of Joe Mattock is a better fit within the Rotherham team playing system?

• Options
    Well pleased.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Is ironic though

He's got a number of England U21 caps ....... plus has made more than 250 Championship appearances, including 45 last season.

He's evidently a good player. He's certainly denied Ben Purrington his chance at Rotherham.

Maybe just a case of Joe Mattock is a better fit within the Rotherham team playing system?
    Certainly got experience

What I meant sorry was that Mattock could be a bit like Solly where his experience is stopping Purrington from having opportunities

Rotherham twitter account is certainly mixed over Mattock being LB over Purrington leaving
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    A right result. Pleased with that.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Is ironic though

Certainly got experience

What I meant sorry was that Mattock could be a bit like Solly where his experience is stopping Purrington from having opportunities

Rotherham twitter account is certainly mixed over Mattock being LB over Purrington leaving
    Forever ..... this is what Joe Mattock's manager thinks of him:

"He's been unbelievable this year. He's one of the unsung heroes. He's someone I'd like to keep at the club forever and a day really.

"He's been fit for virtually every game this season and has been really reliable. I don't want to go back to romantic times and Paul Hurst and all that, but I think if you have a left-back who always does exactly what you want him to do, then you're on to something good."

If that's what his manager says, I think it's simply a case that Mattock is the first name on the Rotherham teamsheet.

Ben Purrington must have known that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Is ironic though

Your postie will be pleased Rob!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Is ironic though

Your postie will be pleased Rob!
    He sure will. I'll look forward to more chats with him about Ben Purrington !

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Is ironic though

Certainly got experience

Forever ..... this is what Joe Mattock's manager thinks of him:

"He's been unbelievable this year. He's one of the unsung heroes. He's someone I'd like to keep at the club forever and a day really.

"He's been fit for virtually every game this season and has been really reliable. I don't want to go back to romantic times and Paul Hurst and all that, but I think if you have a left-back who always does exactly what you want him to do, then you're on to something good."

If that's what his manager says, I think it's simply a case that Mattock is the first name on the Rotherham teamsheet.

Ben Purrington must have known that.

Rotherham had great team spirit last season too, I imagine they want to keep that core of players together and Purrington wasn't there really
  • Options
    Page can't just walk into the Left back role after last season, surely. Unless of course he really proves himself in pre-season
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Bit confused with Roland paying a fee and dishing out a three year deal.
    Was just thinking the same. Is it the compo from Fosu? Doesn’t explain the long contract 
  • Options
    I'm just glad we don't have to run this one through YouTube
  • Options
    Page can't just walk into the Left back role after last season, surely. Unless of course he really proves himself in pre-season
    Is it possible he could play on the left side of midfield
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Good to see one of our hero's back.