Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Purrington - signed for Ross County (p23)

Comments

• IF we sign our goal scoring hero and lucky talisman he might not get in the team ?

Well not until the middle of September ( Sorry Lewis Page but he was created in the same glass factory as Reeves and Williams)
  • He really plays to his instructions on the pitch, you can see it, hence the Rochdale and Sunderland Goals we scored.

This was something he was doing very regular and his defensive duties didnt suffer.

He will vastly improve with a full season under Bowyer and JJ
  • Dont think he is anywhere near championship standard, but if someone could improve him it would be Bows
  • Great signing, if it happens. 
    Young, has affection for the club after that game, and provides continuity.
    Plus we only lost twice with him in the side!
  • Good signing. Didn’t put a foot wrong as far as I can remember . 
  • Curbs type signing, i'll be pleased to see him back. 
  • Purrington is Bowyer's signing whereas Page was Robinson's. I suspect that will get him the nod initially
  • Come on Charlton. Get it done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Purrington is Bowyer's signing whereas Page was Robinson's. I suspect that will get him the nod initially
    Won’t be any competition when Page falls over and is out for 6 months anyway. 
  • Would Purrington be the first player that we've signed on loan under Roland that has turned into a permanent deal?
  • January to March this year I was not convinced by him, bog standard 1st Division at best.
    My particular beef was his habit of standing 4 yards away from his winger, allowing winger to center into our penalty area too easily.
    Likely to be LB's instruction's I guess.

In the last 2 months  of the campaign he developed impressively  attack wise. 
    Given our wages limitations  happy to have Ben, if he signs.
  • SDAddick said:
    Not 100% convinced he is a Championship full back but with our budget we could do a lot worse. 
    My feelings exactly 1990. Definitely picked it up toward the end of the season. Still gets beaten too easily on backpost headers for me, and gets caught out positionally, but the potential is there and think he's a good acquisition for the squad. 
    Agree with that assessment. Won't be one of the worst performers but probably one of the best either. Similar to how he did in League 1 although the last half a dozen matches he even improved on the steady 6.5/7 out of 10 we had seen previously. 
  • I would be elated by this if true but I am gonna say I just don’t believe it until I see it. He would cost £500k to transfer permanent (a guess) and I don’t see Roland allowing that. It just makes too much sense.
  • I would be elated by this if true but I am gonna say I just don’t believe it until I see it. He would cost £500k to transfer permanent (a guess) and I don’t see Roland allowing that. It just makes too much sense.
    Cawley would have got it from somewhere
  • We normally announce signings at 5pm. 
    As it is now5.15 I am disappointed. 
    As much as I love Chris Powell he is not the left back I was expecting. 
    Nowhere near that amount. Rotherham only paid £300k for him and he's hardly played for them
    Cawley would have got it from somewhere
    Hopefully not the same place he has been getting all the info that the sale of CAFC was happening on July 1.
  • It’s now 5:21pm, clearly it’s dragged on too long and is now off. Shame.

;)
  • Sponsored links:

Nowhere near that amount. Rotherham only paid £300k for him and he's hardly played for them
    Well, first, £300k is already “near” £500k. Second, he has improved and thus is worth more than when they got him. The only reason he has not started for them is they already have one of the best young players in that position, Joe Mattock, ahead of him in the depth chart. But they know he is good and getting better. To me, getting him for £300k is a steal. Hope we do so.
    Well, first, £300k is already “near” £500k. Second, he has improved and thus is worth more than when they got him. The only reason he has not started for them is they already have one of the best young players in that position, Joe Mattock, ahead of him in the depth chart. But they know he is good and getting better. To me, getting him for £300k is a steal. Hope we do so.
    But if we are the only interested party then the price could go down as much as it could go up. They would want him off the books so that they can address an area of need.
  • johnny73 said:
    I would be elated by this if true but I am gonna say I just don’t believe it until I see it. He would cost £500k to transfer permanent (a guess) and I don’t see Roland allowing that. It just makes too much sense.
    But if we are the only interested party then the price could go down as much as it could go up. They would want him off the books so that they can address an area of need.
    Could be right. They just got relegated? Might need to clear the books.
    Sorry, but as someone said yesterday you just seem to blurt out the first thing that enters your head.
    He cost Rotherham £300K and they said or as good as said they will accept a reasonable offer if they can get something back. I reckon we'd get him for £100K/£200K.
  • Reckon he's flying out to the training camp for the 'handshake with Bow photo' welcoming him (back) to the club
    Depth chart?
  • I'm amazed they don't want to keep him.

He was signed from league 2 for 300k and has clearly proven himself at a higher level and now has interest at championship level, albeit from a side with not much money.

So surely he's good enough for Rotherham.
  • Reckon he's flying out to the training camp for the 'handshake with Bow photo' welcoming him (back) to the club
    Hopefully you're spot on there mate, comms team are all out there.

Let's hope he drags Oztumer along with him as well.
  • Would be a decent signing, he's a very solid reliable full back, just what we need with page being so injury prone.