Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options

For me Aneke , Green , Bonne raw and I don’t feel any of them look comfortable with a ball at their feet, strong athletes but they are capable of glaring slices/air shots /fuck ups .... McGeady I’ve seen , in the past , produce real magic , I like Hemed’s touch even though he’s slow motion , Oztumer has guile and grace and we’ll need a mixture of it all to get out of this scrap .
    We’re gonna need everyone at their peak and to hit the ground running , I’m scared cos we’ve been dog poo for months 
  • Options
    If we carry on our defensive form since April I think we’ll be ok.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    If we carry on our defensive form since April I think we’ll be ok.
    What, conceding six in one game?
  • Options
    I mean our defensive league form :D
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Sage said:
    se9addick said:
    Sage said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    Hemed, Green, Williams, Bonne & Aneke are going to fire us to safety. 

Oztumer may lend a hand too.
    I think it would be silly to write off McGeady as well.

We all know he has the ability, and with them all in a level playing field, and training together now working on things they wouldn’t have been able to before, he has it in him to produce the goods as well.

Hemed, Bonne, Green, Aneke, Williams, Oztumer, McGeady. All add something different to us.
    McGeady is dreadful. 
    He was before games were postponed. But now his fitness is no doubt better and really, he has just as much ability, if not more, than anyone else in the squad.

Bowyer and the players rate him highly, that’s enough to say that he could play a big part in this run in.
    Would  love to be proved wrong on Mcgeady but I just cant see it. Everytime I have seen him play (for and against us)he has lacked the work rate off the ball to have any hope of working in a Bowyer side.
    But McGeady does add flair, vision and dead ball ability.

He might be 34 years old - but If he's fit and up for it, you may be surprised.
    Recently  Bowyer has said good things about him.

If he can add something to our team when called upon, that'll do for me.

I’d be very bloody surprised!
  • Options
    I think people also forget the impact Doughty has when he came through. He could be a very important player for the run in.
  • Options
    Chuks will come good.
  • Options

For me Aneke , Green , Bonne raw and I don’t feel any of them look comfortable with a ball at their feet, strong athletes but they are capable of glaring slices/air shots /fuck ups .... McGeady I’ve seen , in the past , produce real magic , I like Hemed’s touch even though he’s slow motion , Oztumer has guile and grace and we’ll need a mixture of it all to get out of this scrap .
    We’re gonna need everyone at their peak and to hit the ground running , I’m scared cos we’ve been dog poo for months 
    Bonne looked pretty good with his feet before Christmas.

Aneke looks lumbering, unfit and immobile to me .  I’ll be delighted if he scores ten before the end of the season but I won’t hold my breath 
  • Options
    I’m not making Any predictions about any of our players,because we don’t really know how fit any of them are.

I think there will be a few surprise results and scores in the first few harem, just because teams are ‘cold’ football wise, I just hope we are well prepared and well organised, and can be one of those surprise teams.

We need to come out of the blocks firing early doors , and get some wins under our belts, if we are to have any chance of survival in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think there will be a few surprise results and scores in the first few harem ........

Who scores in the Harem ...... nothing to do with a fake sheikh? :smile:

• Options
    Saturday night and I like the way you move,
    oh Chuks Aneke!

Injury time, he made Hull City look like shite, oh Chuks Aneke!

1, 2, 3, 4. Dah dah dah dum, Dee Dee Dee dah Dee dah Dee dah. Oh Chuks Aneke! 
  • Options
    If and a big if based on what has happened so far since being with us, if he stays fit he is a big asset, particularly used coming off the bench
  • Options
    As I said on Player Marks it'd be interesting to see how he goes when we aren't in defending-a-lead panic mode 
  • Options
    To me he looked a little trimmer and definitely a lot quicker to get going then has in previous appearances for us. 
  • Options
    Best game for us yesterday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nobody was trying harder than Chuks second half.
  • Options
    i've always felt he needed to be be given game time and shown a bit more faith - he's not perfect but he is always a threat and once his confidence is right up i can see him being very dangerous 
  • Options
    Come on Chuks get your goal scoring boots on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Love this photo with Nathan Byrne's reaction in the background... "What's he doing pushing Aneke"

• Options
    Can't see many Championship defences not shitting themselves having to defend a corner and seeing Aneke and Sarr both lurking...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Can't see many Championship defences not shitting themselves having to defend a corner and seeing Aneke and Sarr both lurking...

• Options
    As I probably said in this thread before, I rarely notice opposition players but remember Aneke playing v us for MKDons and powering through the middle.  Glad be is starting to show that.  His touch for a  big man can be PL class at times.
  • Options
    He was hungry and angry yesterday!! His beef with their big lad was great to see! Very well placed flick header for the assist!
  • Options
    Has anyone seen one goal Chuks ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Has anyone seen one goal Chuks ?
    He twisted his ankle just before the trip to Birmingham