Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• This is the third time I've seen other fans not even know we were promoted. From the Rovers board.

• This is the third time I've seen other fans not even know we were promoted. From the Rovers board.

They should be reading Charlton Life.

That's what too much cider does for the brain
  • Gillis said:
    I think people may be overstating the significance of Lockyer being a Welsh international. He has 5 Wales caps. By way of comparison, Simon Church was capped 38 times for Wales, and I think most would agree that, although a hard worker, he wasn't really good enough for us in the Championship.

That's not to say that Lockyer won't prove to be a very good signing, but let's not get carried away with his international career.
    Ethan Ampadu has 8 caps, despite being only 18 and having made 1 league appearance for Chelsea in 2 years.

Someone called Matthew Smith, who is apparently on the books of Man City and spent last season on loan at Twente, made his international debut before his senior club debut.

It doesn't take much to get a Welsh cap.
  • edited June 2019
    Is it possible Lockyer is actually an upgrade from BFG?
  • Prefer him as a 2nd rate Bielik in DM.
  • Is it possible Lockyer is actually an upgrade from BFG?
     No. But a capable replacement.
    Very similar from what ive seen Locks is a tad younger so win win situation imo
  • Loss of threat from set pieces too, Lockyer doesen't doesn't score many.
  • Sponsored links:

Hard to say as neither really are proven at Championship level
  • Lockyer looks better on the ball and Bowyer has talked about him playing out from the back, so he might suit us even better than Bauer did. Would obviously lose the extra height Bauer brings though.
  • A few Bristol fans have commented on his passing being a weakness in his game. 
  • A few Bristol fans have commented on his passing being a weakness in his game. 
    I noticed that, possibly because he tries to play out from the back. It's an old video but you can see it's part of his game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZbreRCQr6w
  • Scoham said:
    A few Bristol fans have commented on his passing being a weakness in his game. 
    I noticed that, possibly because he tries to play out from the back. It's an old video but you can see it's part of his game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZbreRCQr6w
    Certainly looks very comfortable on the ball in those clips.
  • PopIcon said:
    Why are the player videos always accompanied by shite music?
    Thank God for the mute button, eh?

• Sponsored links:

• Don't know if this has already been suggested as the basis for a song for TL, but instead of We will, We will Rock ya - We've got, We've got (or similar) Lockya!! Think the Covered End could do that justice.      

• edited July 2019
    CH4RLTON said:
    Is it possible Lockyer is actually an upgrade from BFG?
    Very similar from what ive seen Locks is a tad younger so win win situation imo
    He could be, this is our best signing so far....
  • cafc375 said:

Don't know if this has already been suggested as the basis for a song for TL, but instead of We will, We will Rock ya - We've got, We've got (or similar) Lockya!! Think the Covered End could do that justice.      

Whoooah, we have got Tom Lockyer,
    Whoooah, he used to have a Nokia,
    Whoooah, now he's got a new Huawei......
    9.5 /10 made me chuckle
  • Obviously waiting for takeover
  • edited July 2019
    cafc375 said:

Don't know if this has already been suggested as the basis for a song for TL, but instead of We will, We will Rock ya - We've got, We've got (or similar) Lockya!! Think the Covered End could do that justice.      

Whoooah, we have got Tom Lockyer,
    Whoooah, he used to have a Nokia,
    Whoooah, now he's got a new Huawei......
    That is quality. 9.5/10 is a harsh score.