Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• If indeed he was wanted by bigger clubs (f*cking cheek) then although on a free transfer his wages won't be insignificant to get his signature on the contract. Good sign or am I just clutching at straws?
  • bobmunro said:
    If indeed he was wanted by bigger clubs (f*cking cheek) then although on a free transfer his wages won't be insignificant to get his signature on the contract. Good sign or am I just clutching at straws?
    I don't think signing a full international is "clutching at straws"!
  • bobmunro said:
    If indeed he was wanted by bigger clubs (f*cking cheek) then although on a free transfer his wages won't be insignificant to get his signature on the contract. Good sign or am I just clutching at straws?
    Think he meant if we have paid decent wages does that suggest a takeover is close.
  • Maybe not bigger clubs but at least clubs who you’d assume could offer him more than the supposed 2.5k we are.
  • edited June 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Lovely. Wonder how we convinced him to join considering he was wanted by a few bigger clubs.
    Read what he says about talking to Bowyer.

Perhaps people should realise how lucky we are to have Bows and Gallen at the helm. He seems to be able to persuade players to join his "journey". 

Maybe the fans should join it?
    Ooh, what a good idea. Why hadn’t I thought of that. Oh, I remember now NAPM.
    He's not getting any money out of me, pal! And I'm not bitching about it like some.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested in how the club is doing though.
  • edited June 2019
    Laddick01 said:
    Lovely. Wonder how we convinced him to join considering he was wanted by a few bigger clubs.
    Read what he says about talking to Bowyer.

Perhaps people should realise how lucky we are to have Bows and Gallen at the helm. He seems to be able to persuade players to join his "journey". 

Maybe the fans should join it?
    The right manager can really make the difference, and it's clear we've been after him for a while which must make a difference especially when we now have a clear vacancy in the team. He might have preferred a London club to Nottingham or Hull too.
  • We must have offered him more wages, don't MK Dons pay quite well yet Aneke chose us over to stay with them? Imagine Lockyer would have been offered a bit more 
  • Given his obvious quality and marketability it seems more strange we couldn't beat a Portuguese side with 5000 capacity to sign a player
  • We must have offered him more wages, don't MK Dons pay quite well yet Aneke chose us over to stay with them? Imagine Lockyer would have been offered a bit more 
    Championship football over L1 football surely was a big draw for both players. 

A step up playing in The Valley too, The Memorial is a dump while Stadium MK is excellent but 3/4 empty and as a result has no atmosphere
  • bobmunro said:
    Think he meant if we have paid decent wages does that suggest a takeover is close.
    That's exactly what I meant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was he in the B. Rovers teams that wde hammered 4-1 twice over 2 seasons ago.....??
  • Was he in the B. Rovers teams that wde hammered 4-1 twice over 2 seasons ago.....??
    We beat them 4-1 at home and 5-1 away and yes he was. 

• No disrespect to BFG but he is replaceable and I think Gallen and Bows have done just that with a player who has an excellent record at the same level BFG has.

Young and experienced is a tremendously rare mix and the boy seems to have a bit of class judging by the way he’s left Bristol.

It won’t be easy for the majority of the squad to adjust to the championship but he’s got the necessaries to be a great signing for us.

• Spoke to a Rovers fan and friend the other week about Lockyer, he said he’d be a really good signing for,us.
  • Decent signing. His international experience means he'll probably do ok for us in the Championship. 
  • Has a Garett Southgate style about him. Not the biggest (southgate only 1inch taller) but quick in the tackle and good on the ball.
  • ct_addick said:
    Has a Garett Southgate style about him. Not the biggest (southgate only 1inch taller) but quick in the tackle and good on the ball.
    Every inch counts.
  • Are we really offering that crap wages?

It's probably true we have offered some players in the region of 2.5k a week.  Maybe Gallen and Bowyer thought that's all they were worth?

There is more than meets the eye with the Portuguese transfer, there always is when Mendes gets involved. 

We believe its true because the club have said it yet we dismiss everything else as lies. Bowyer said it but he is hardly going to come out and say we are swimming in cash as everyone will suddenly demand more.

The rumour about Preston offering 2.5k a week for BFG is probably true even if we had matched it would he have turned down the £x000k signing on fee?

A little bit of knowledge can be more dangerous than no knowledge at all without the wisdom to know you don't know everything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillis said:
    I think people may be overstating the significance of Lockyer being a Welsh international. He has 5 Wales caps. By way of comparison, Simon Church was capped 38 times for Wales, and I think most would agree that, although a hard worker, he wasn't really good enough for us in the Championship.

That's not to say that Lockyer won't prove to be a very good signing, but let's not get carried away with his international career.
    Church has 38 caps, I'm glad I'm not Welsh.
  • Gillis said:
    I think people may be overstating the significance of Lockyer being a Welsh international. He has 5 Wales caps. By way of comparison, Simon Church was capped 38 times for Wales, and I think most would agree that, although a hard worker, he wasn't really good enough for us in the Championship.

That's not to say that Lockyer won't prove to be a very good signing, but let's not get carried away with his international career.
    Exactly would Sam Cox attract an "International captain" premium? 
  • Lockyer’s interview on the website is enlightening as to how much effect Bowyer had on him coming here, he said he was ‘hanging off his every word and it was surreal’ 
  • Rovers Forum quote:

"A great defender, great positional sense and strong - probably not the leader we wanted him to be, but that could come as he has probably 10 more years at whatever level he achieves.

We will miss his defending I have no doubt."
  • edited June 2019
    On the same Rovers forum ...... they refer to him as Locks.

Let's hope he never scores an own goal ...... in true CL 'match thread' tradition, someone will post boLocks.
  • edited June 2019
    Gillis said:

You might have got a game for them if you were.
  • Gillis said:
    Gillis said:

Have you met Elfs? 😉
  • Gillis said:
    Gillis said:

Do they play 5-a-side?
  • RedChaser said:
    Gillis said:
    Gillis said:

Have you met Elfs? 😉
    Yes, we have met.  That is why it was suggested.