Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tom Lockyer - collapsed again at Bournemouth, recovering in hospital (p23)

Comments

• Will admit to not noticing him in our games v Rovers.

Not tall so must have other talents.

If Gallen and Bowyer want him that's enough for me.

Welcome and good luck, Tom.
    Chris Perry, Mr. Irving, Chris Perry...
  • uie2 said:
    Has this been on the website yet? Or just from Rich
    Nothing on the club website as of 17.42.
  • Bubble said:
    Pearce and Lockyer - our Dunk and Duffy? 
    Got to be the first choice centre half pairing
    Don’t think Lockyer is the quickest so would prefer Sarr alongside him. Either way it’s reasonable options at CB. 
    Have read elsewhere on here that Lockyer is supposedly very quick!
    He is definitely quicker than Naby, Pearce and Bauer. So it's an improvement in that department, from what I have heard, read and seen as well he is a better passer.

https://youtu.be/lZbreRCQr6w

This video shows how composed he is on the ball and the pace he has on the likes of Naby. I may be jumping the gun but I think he could be a better partner for Naby than BFG was, we'll have to see though 
  • Mrkinski said:
    Still nothing on the CAFC channels. I think Roland has changed the social media and website passwords as his final parting gift.
    Doubt he'd know how to do that.
  • Too busy posting the other transfer.
  • Looking forward to his partnership with Sarr
  • Excited by this signing. I watched our away game at Bristol Rovers on iFollow and Lockyer was a stand out player IMO. A warm welcome from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good bit of business this. Welcome Tom!
  • 2 year deal. 
  • Naby 
    Pearce 
    Lockyer 
    Pratley. 
    Centre half position sorted. 

I'd be seriously concerned about any game at Championship level with Pratley at centre back, need 1 more
    You'd HOPE that Pratley would only be used in serious emergencies though

Dijksteel can also play Centre-Back so would say Darren is fifth choice at the back
  • That’s two very good signings tbf
  • Swisdom said:
    That’s two very good signings tbf
    We want 3
    We want 3
  • Naby 
    Pearce 
    Lockyer 
    Pratley. 

I'd be seriously concerned about any game at Championship level with Pratley at centre back, need 1 more

Dijksteel can also play Centre-Back so would say Darren is fifth choice at the back
    We have lost Bauer and Bielik is currently not in the building who could cover..... so either need Bielik back (preferable) or one more
  • Sponsored links:

• Bore da Tom!
  • Well pleased with this signing. 
  • So pleased with this 
  • edited June 2019
    Shows all the right attributes for a good 'sweeper' in his clip, reads the game well, quick to intercept. can shift over a short distance and comfortable carrying the ball. What's not to like, height isn't everything as per Peter Reeves or Chris Perry. Croeso Tom, pob lwc yn eich swydd newydd.
  • Naby 
    Pearce 
    Lockyer 
    Pratley. 

We have lost Bauer and Bielik is currently not in the building who could cover..... so either need Bielik back (preferable) or one more
    Lockyer might actually be the more the Bielik type

I read somewhere when we were first linked that he can play both Centre Back and in Defensive Midfield
  • I know it's said a lot, but I proper love Bowyer and Gallen. We lose two massive players like Bauer and Aribo and they have brought in two very good players that could fill in for them on a shoe string. 
    Maybe that's why Roland ain't selling.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Lovely. Wonder how we convinced him to join considering he was wanted by a few bigger clubs.
    Bigger clubs?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Lovely. Wonder how we convinced him to join considering he was wanted by a few bigger clubs.
    Read what he says about talking to Bowyer.

Perhaps people should realise how lucky we are to have Bows and Gallen at the helm. He seems to be able to persuade players to join his "journey". 

Maybe the fans should join it?
  • Laddick01 said:
    Read what he says about talking to Bowyer.

Perhaps people should realise how lucky we are to have Bows and Gallen at the helm. He seems to be able to persuade players to join his "journey". 

Maybe the fans should join it?
    Ooh, what a good idea. Why hadn’t I thought of that. Oh, I remember now NAPM.