Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    Could next season be the first season all the new kits are available Before it starts or near the beginning of the season (as long as the season has a 3 month delay )
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2020
    Heard a very good podcast the other day (evil genius) about Adi Dassler, and his brother Rudolf, knew nothing about the history of Adidas and Puma until now, very strange setup and split 
  • Options
    On a sponsor.  Shirts look better without them, bank accounts look better with them.

The Museum will give the club a few quid to have it next season. We'd go as high as £50.

Spoke to Hummel this week, kits finalised and in production.
    Is it a design based on something we've seen before from years gone by or completely new?
    Inspired by rather than based on I'd say.

We have all the 30 or 40 options including keepers kits on a document in the Museum
  • Options
    Could next season be the first season all the new kits are available Before it starts or near the beginning of the season (as long as the season has a 3 month delay )
    Bit of a ‘Charlton myth’ this one. Years back there was a bit of a stage where it seemed to take an age for kits to go on sale, well into the season.
    This/last season, for example, all three kits were available to buy by the time opening day came around. 
    Thanks for clearing that up , I’ve been out of the kit buying game for a few seasons with the Belgian twunts ownership stalling my boys kit purchases but funded a couple of Range Rover tyres when the current twunts pretended to takeover buying whatever they had in our sizes on all the kits etc
    personally I’d like the new kits to be available before the end of June so You can buy them for the kids to wear during the summer holidays .
    since lockdown all they’ve worn is charlton kits , England and Essex cricket tops and one Motor racing weirdo in Mercedes Formula One t-shirts 
  • Options
    On a sponsor.  Shirts look better without them, bank accounts look better with them.

The Museum will give the club a few quid to have it next season. We'd go as high as £50.

Is it a design based on something we've seen before from years gone by or completely new?

We have all the 30 or 40 options including keepers kits on a document in the Museum
    Are you able to share this once the kits have been released? Would be interesting to see the designs. 
  • Options
    Bought this seasons some and away as £15 each for technical shirts is decent.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Are you able to share this once the kits have been released? Would be interesting to see the designs. 
    Would have to clear it with Hummel.

Alternatively, we could accidentally leave the doc lying around near the donation box, if you know what I mean, a nods as good as a wink to a blind horse 😉
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bought a few shirts too, coming into the fourth week and not heard anything. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If football grounds will be shut until January (as rumoured) and the likelihood of tough economic times coming up,  you imagine that will damage replica shirt sales, especially for non Big 6 clubs
  • Options
    If football grounds will be shut until January (as rumoured) and the likelihood of tough economic times coming up,  you imagine that will damage replica shirt sales, especially for non Big 6 clubs
    Scum today are claiming that Football fans could be attending games as early as October
  • Options
    Scum today are claiming that Football fans could be attending games as early as October
    I imagine the amount of fans being allowed into grounds will be limited.
  • Options
    Trouble is, you can limit how many people attend, but punters still need to travel to games on packed out trains. As much as I'd love to attend, I can't see anything but behind closed doors next season either. Its not just getting people in seats, but logistics of bars, toilets etc not being rammed. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Trouble is, you can limit how many people attend, but punters still need to travel to games on packed out trains. As much as I'd love to attend, I can't see anything but behind closed doors next season either. Its not just getting people in seats, but logistics of bars, toilets etc not being rammed. 
    You think that the relevant authorities have thought that far in advance?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    You think that the relevant authorities have thought that far in advance?
    Not a chance 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Never checked back, but they cancelled my order. :(
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Talal said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Never checked back, but they cancelled my order. :(
    That's annoying. Received mine in the end, one shirt didn't have tags but least they got here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been tweeting Hummel about our new kit

They've simply responded saying: "Stay tuned..."
  • Options

If I were football clubs I do what a lot used to do and play the last game or games in the new kit. I'm sure Hummel, like a lot of companies, are having supply chain and shipping delays due to Covid. But I'd think they could provide enough shirts for the first team for a game or two. Would be a great advert for new shirts and I bet they'd get a lot of pre-orders that way at a time when football clubs desperately need money.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

If I were football clubs I do what a lot used to do and play the last game or games in the new kit. I'm sure Hummel, like a lot of companies, are having supply chain and shipping delays due to Covid. But I'd think they could provide enough shirts for the first team for a game or two. Would be a great advert for new shirts and I bet they'd get a lot of pre-orders that way at a time when football clubs desperately need money.
    Chelsea have worn their new kit this week, and I'm sure other clubs will follow suit over the coming week or two
  • Options

Lyle Taylor and Chris Solly had modelled the new kit, but now they'll have to do another photoshoot!
    Davis and the Man City kid did the away kit shoot
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Chelsea have worn their new kit this week, and I'm sure other clubs will follow suit over the coming week or two
    Isn't that because of the Three sponsorship deal? Same with Bournemouth. We haven't announced who next season's sponsor will be yet so doubt we'll see the kit in use until then. 
  • Options
    Would be good if we could keep the charity sponsor or use a different charity but unless no one will sponsor us I don't see it happening!