Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum - new dates announced for 2021 (p11) - first is 16th Sept

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
when is the next one scheduled for please?

Comments

• 5 June

Cue, it a waste of time but why are the minutes not up comments.

Cue, why is everyone so polite despite LDT, and RD and KM, being called incompetent to his face last time.

And so on.

@killerjerrylee and @SE7toSG3 on duty this time.
  • edited June 2019
    Not me going I am in Belgium (working).
  • 5 June

Cue, it a waste of time but why are the minutes not up comments.

Cue, why is everyone so polite despite LDT, and RD and KM, being called incompetent to his face last time.

And so on.

@killerjerrylee and @SE7toSG3 on duty this time.

• SE7toSG3 said:
    Can @Henry Irving cover for you. Always asks pertinent questions and tells it as it is. 
  • First question could be 'How can we be sure that anything and everything you say to us about a takeover isn't simply a barefaced lie?'
    Second question 'Do you have a mind of your own or are you simply following a script or line dictated by Duchatelet?'
  • Maybe nobody should attend....
  • Fumbluff said:
    Maybe nobody should attend....
    With no football, what else could we talk/moan about.

Simply has to go ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could one of the attending reps raise a point / question for me please?

My family have season tickets in East Stand Block H. Off the back of last week, a lapsed season ticket holder has tried to get a season ticket in the seat next to us. 

Despite multiple phone calls with the club (where staff have consulted with manager), he’s been told he can’t buy it, as they want to give it away instead as a free ticket for the Trust to use. 

He doesn't want to sit on his own at football, so that’s one lapsed and hundreds of pounds  they’ve just ‘lost’. As a parent with two young kids, potentially more if he had got back into it and started bringing them (likely).

i appreciate the club want to give tickets to the Trust and accept the benefits attached to that. But it’s ridiculous to turn away paying fans in preference to that.

Givng a whole block of 500 in one of the main stands allocated to non-paying is impacting when there are already two blocks (A+B) closed off, It means nearly a third of the Stand is unavailable for fans to purchase. Why can’t the 500 be split between the East, West and NWQ?

If the club refuse to sell season tickets in preference of freebies then that is a ridiculous policy as you risk upsetting / losing an existing fan looking to give the club money in the hope of potentially picking up a new one in years to come.

If the club can’t because the block is locked out on the computer then that is equally ridiculous as how do you track and log who is coming, and how do they release those seats for game like Doncaster? 

Grateful if someone could raise this with the club please. Thanks in advance
    We're in exactly the same position - wanting to buy season tickets in east stand block H. We had season tickets there for ~ 10 years, havent had any for the past few years but looking to get them again in our old seats.
  • olster said:
    Could one of the attending reps raise a point / question for me please?

My family have season tickets in East Stand Block H. Off the back of last week, a lapsed season ticket holder has tried to get a season ticket in the seat next to us. 

Despite multiple phone calls with the club (where staff have consulted with manager), he’s been told he can’t buy it, as they want to give it away instead as a free ticket for the Trust to use. 

He doesn't want to sit on his own at football, so that’s one lapsed and hundreds of pounds  they’ve just ‘lost’. As a parent with two young kids, potentially more if he had got back into it and started bringing them (likely).

i appreciate the club want to give tickets to the Trust and accept the benefits attached to that. But it’s ridiculous to turn away paying fans in preference to that.

Givng a whole block of 500 in one of the main stands allocated to non-paying is impacting when there are already two blocks (A+B) closed off, It means nearly a third of the Stand is unavailable for fans to purchase. Why can’t the 500 be split between the East, West and NWQ?

If the club refuse to sell season tickets in preference of freebies then that is a ridiculous policy as you risk upsetting / losing an existing fan looking to give the club money in the hope of potentially picking up a new one in years to come.

If the club can’t because the block is locked out on the computer then that is equally ridiculous as how do you track and log who is coming, and how do they release those seats for game like Doncaster? 

We're in exactly the same position - wanting to buy season tickets in east stand block H. We had season tickets there for ~ 10 years, havent had any for the past few years but looking to get them again in our old seats.
    Me too, looking to get 3 in this block but it's completely blocked out.
  • _MrDick said:
    Can’t @blackpool72 take @SE7toSG3 place. I’m sure he’d tell them as it is ... 
    Not sure I'd be allowed back a 2nd time tbf 😁
  • would need to be vetted by and be part of City Addicks exec...

:smile:

Bart drop me full details privately I'll see what I can do
  • Sponsored links:

• SE7toSG3 said:
    That's not work mate, that's a hobby!!  ;) (and a bloody commendable one at that by the way).
  • razil said:
    Could one of the attending reps raise a point / question for me please?

Bart drop me full details privately I'll see what I can do
    Ok will do.

Just to add that from posting this this morning I’ve been made aware by others similarly impacted and that the club are missing out on 7 STs. That’s thousands of pounds the club are missing out on. Ridiculous. 
  • razil said:
    Thanks @AFKABartram I wasn't aware first hand of the date either, think the club's email has a problem with hotmail accounts or they are all still 'recovering' or on holiday from last week.

Please can admin change the title to reflect the date now we know?

In terms of questioning we do our best, indeed at this time last year I warned LdT of the consequences of being 'economical with the truth' around building a squad for Bowyer, for being disingenuous about the staff bonuses, and how in reality the fans were paying for the new ticketing system, despite whatever spin the club put on it. Not every single nuance gets reported though on minutes, particularly for the takeover updates which tend to be distilled into a club statement. It was also me who moved that we reject the agenda change re the graffiti issue, and who scolded them for short changing Lee Bowyer and the consequences of missing out on the autos, but I think people would be surprised how strong the overwhelming majority are - there is one exception.. can't win em all. Not bragging here just trying to reassure the fan base that we are doing what we can.

@Henry Irving cameos are very welcome as he is a heavy weight questioner and note taker, as are @SE7toSG3 's which is why I asked him to take the City Addicks slot, however the rest of the group are stronger than you would think and I for one am very impressed with how the group has grown in that way - there is one exception, but you can't always legislate for that.

5 June was the date given at the last meeting so better check with Tom R.

This is a general, all issues meeting, not just takeover so expect more moans about "why are they asking about tickets in the family stand when the club is in crises"

Agree there is always one. Appears he doesn't like being singled out as the apologist and confronted Airman Brown about it after the Wembley game, didn't you Les from Maidstone.
    Bizarre incident and person. I told him go away and enjoy winning at Wembley. He told me to “support the club” and ended up arguing with my daughter.
    Would have liked to have seen that. 

She even frightens me :s .
  • On the subject of tickets, I know it seems like everyone got sorted out with their Wembley tickets in the end, but will someone be raising the problems that the club's decision not to sell in person and their choice of 3rd party vendor caused?
  • aliwibble said:
    On the subject of tickets, I know it seems like everyone got sorted out with their Wembley tickets in the end, but will someone be raising the problems that the club's decision not to sell in person and their choice of 3rd party vendor caused?
    I think that was a sound decision personally.
  • razil said:
    Thanks @AFKABartram I wasn't aware first hand of the date either, think the club's email has a problem with hotmail accounts or they are all still 'recovering' or on holiday from last week.

Please can admin change the title to reflect the date now we know?

In terms of questioning we do our best, indeed at this time last year I warned LdT of the consequences of being 'economical with the truth' around building a squad for Bowyer, for being disingenuous about the staff bonuses, and how in reality the fans were paying for the new ticketing system, despite whatever spin the club put on it. Not every single nuance gets reported though on minutes, particularly for the takeover updates which tend to be distilled into a club statement. It was also me who moved that we reject the agenda change re the graffiti issue, and who scolded them for short changing Lee Bowyer and the consequences of missing out on the autos, but I think people would be surprised how strong the overwhelming majority are - there is one exception.. can't win em all. Not bragging here just trying to reassure the fan base that we are doing what we can.

@Henry Irving cameos are very welcome as he is a heavy weight questioner and note taker, as are @SE7toSG3 's which is why I asked him to take the City Addicks slot, however the rest of the group are stronger than you would think and I for one am very impressed with how the group has grown in that way - there is one exception, but you can't always legislate for that.

5 June was the date given at the last meeting so better check with Tom R.

This is a general, all issues meeting, not just takeover so expect more moans about "why are they asking about tickets in the family stand when the club is in crises"

Agree there is always one. Appears he doesn't like being singled out as the apologist and confronted Airman Brown about it after the Wembley game, didn't you Les from Maidstone.
    Bizarre incident and person. I told him go away and enjoy winning at Wembley. He told me to “support the club” and ended up arguing with my daughter.
    Anybody else up for starting a Campaign Resisting Airman's Persecutors?
    Just need to think of a snappy acronym  ;)

Can't you all just change your seats one seat along to accommodate the other person?

Not ideal, I realise.
  • aliwibble said:
    On the subject of tickets, I know it seems like everyone got sorted out with their Wembley tickets in the end, but will someone be raising the problems that the club's decision not to sell in person and their choice of 3rd party vendor caused?
    CAST are planning a survey, in co-operation with the club: 

https://www.castrust.org/2019/05/how-was-your-ticketing-experience/

Can't you all just change your seats one seat along to accommodate the other person?

Not ideal, I realise.
    Not sure you understand Elf.

the seats next to us are free, as are those behind and those in front. My friend wants to purchase one of them but the club have said no because they don’t want to sell any new season tickets in that area. They want to keep them free for the Trust to dish out as freebies. 

Other existing season tickets holders have the same problem. Friends want to buy seats next to them but they can’t. The club is rejecting money from fans so they can use 500 seats in one stand for potential freebies.

is that explained a bit clearer?

Not ideal, I realise.
    Not sure you understand Elf.

the seats next to us are free, as are those behind and those in front. My friend wants to purchase one of them but the club have said no because they don’t want to sell any new season tickets in that area. They want to keep them free for the Trust to dish out as freebies. 

Other existing season tickets holders have the same problem. Friends want to buy seats next to them but they can’t. The club is rejecting money from fans so they can use 500 seats in one stand for potential freebies.

is that explained a bit clearer?

Get your mate to get a free one off the trust.