Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket sales (38,227 Addicks Going to Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    I think there’s a whole lot of user error going on. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Not helpful. 
  • Options
    I wonder how many fans we are missing out on who can't or won't order online and could'nt get through on the phone.

Why not have the ticket office open for the week and try and shift as many as possible to local people.

Exactly this the phone line number given was for people who were having issues with a purchase not much good if no one bloody answers it though, should have had at least a skeleton crew just for emergencies.

• Options
    smurfd said:
    se9addick said:
    smurfd said:
    I want 5 seats together but my Brother and my season ticket still has issues.
     I have paid for them both but only got one receipt, so I only seem to have one fan ID that means if I try to purchase online I can only get 4, I have tried in vain to ring the number for S/T/ticket issues but the queue is full and they are not taking any more calls, so unless I can get through later I will have to wait until Monday when I expect the seats we want will have gone, we could not get all our allowed tickets for the play off home game because of the same issue. 
    I’m sure all season tickets have a unique name/FAN ID associated with them. Do you have the actual season tickets? That will say the name and FAN ID on the front. 
    Yes and that is the problem this is at least 2 years running it has happened last year I was told that the seat I have sat in for nearly 10 years as a season ticket holder belonged to someone else,
     a 1 hour phone call supervisor got it sorted or so we thought, used them all this season  when we went to get tickets for the home leg could only use one s/t for purchase so could only get 4 and use my loyalty points for the other one.
     Now it is the same issue I have purchased 2 S/T paid for both gave all our details but only got one receipt sent to me I have 420 loyalty points so thought maybe get 4 seats on my S/T and 1 on my loyalty points but not allowing that way either.
     My son has just checked on my CAFC profile under family and friends, we can see both S/T there for next season and this years,
      but for some reason my Brother whose name is Brian is called Bryan the mind boggles even if I email it won't get read until Monday they take 48 hrs to reply by then all gone most the seat left now are wheel chair users only There is no one to contact absolute balls up. Not even sure if this is the Manchester based booking agency that handled the play off legs as they were pretty on the ball with operators.
    It's not clear what you are saying.

But are you are suggesting a S/T holder is entitled to purchase 4 for the 18/19 S/T and then another 4 for the 19/20 S/T ?

If that's what you are saying, then I think you're wrong & am only entitled to 4.

(you're probably not saying that).
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    I wonder how many fans we are missing out on who can't or won't order online and could'nt get through on the phone.

Why not have the ticket office open for the week and try and shift as many as possible to local people.

There’s plenty, those who’s valley gold hasn’t linked and having to wait until tomorrow to sort which is too late, others who’s records are incorrect, others who cannot log on.

to be honest, I’m really surprised at the lack of help fellow fans are giving one and other. The majority of posts seem to be about how many tickets they’ve brought for their mates for a day out and no other interest or connection to the club.
    Why is tomorrow too late?

You seriously think we're gonna shift all 37k tickets by tonight?
    No but only the most expensive will be left and mostly singles when a lot of the people going have probably never been to a CAFC match in their life  and S/T V/G members with purchasing problems will not be able to go with their family, if all that is left on Monday is the top tier might as well watch it in a pub.

• Options
    I don’t think the view from top tier is as far/steep/bad as people fear.

Not as high as St James park. 

• Options
    What does it mean on the site when it says those who have already purchased can purchase another two? 

• Monday, May 20th at 9am: Any members on the database, as of May 17th, can purchase a maximum of six tickets. Those who will have already purchased will be able to purchase an additional two tickets
    Purchased what? Tickets for Wembley or purchased any tickets throughout the season? Ideally I want seven sat together. Can you link accounts like you were able with the semi finals?
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    Jon_CAFC_ said:

There’s plenty, those who’s valley gold hasn’t linked and having to wait until tomorrow to sort which is too late, others who’s records are incorrect, others who cannot log on.

to be honest, I’m really surprised at the lack of help fellow fans are giving one and other. The majority of posts seem to be about how many tickets they’ve brought for their mates for a day out and no other interest or connection to the club.
    Why is tomorrow too late?

You seriously think we're gonna shift all 37k tickets by tonight?
    No but only the most expensive will be left and mostly singles when a lot of the people going have probably never been to a CAFC match in their life  and S/T V/G members with purchasing problems will not be able to go with their family, if all that is left on Monday is the top tier might as well watch it in a pub.

The opposite of what you say is true.
    There are between 15,000 to 20,000 top tier seats left, which are the cheaper ones.
  • Options
    I don’t think the view from top tier is as far/steep/bad as people fear.

Not as high as St James park. 

If people are concerned about the view from the top tier then they should check it out on this useful page (posted before):

As suzisausage says it's not as far or as steep as Newcastle's ground.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Have watched numerous England games from the top tier and it’s fine. 
    I actually like the view from the top tier at Wembley. Only real issue is that they shove the free tickets up there and you end up with loads of bellends up there when England play. 
  • Options
    smurfd said:
    se9addick said:
    smurfd said:
    I want 5 seats together but my Brother and my season ticket still has issues.
     I have paid for them both but only got one receipt, so I only seem to have one fan ID that means if I try to purchase online I can only get 4, I have tried in vain to ring the number for S/T/ticket issues but the queue is full and they are not taking any more calls, so unless I can get through later I will have to wait until Monday when I expect the seats we want will have gone, we could not get all our allowed tickets for the play off home game because of the same issue. 
    I’m sure all season tickets have a unique name/FAN ID associated with them. Do you have the actual season tickets? That will say the name and FAN ID on the front. 
    Yes and that is the problem this is at least 2 years running it has happened last year I was told that the seat I have sat in for nearly 10 years as a season ticket holder belonged to someone else,
     a 1 hour phone call supervisor got it sorted or so we thought, used them all this season  when we went to get tickets for the home leg could only use one s/t for purchase so could only get 4 and use my loyalty points for the other one.
     Now it is the same issue I have purchased 2 S/T paid for both gave all our details but only got one receipt sent to me I have 420 loyalty points so thought maybe get 4 seats on my S/T and 1 on my loyalty points but not allowing that way either.
     My son has just checked on my CAFC profile under family and friends, we can see both S/T there for next season and this years,
      but for some reason my Brother whose name is Brian is called Bryan the mind boggles even if I email it won't get read until Monday they take 48 hrs to reply by then all gone most the seat left now are wheel chair users only There is no one to contact absolute balls up. Not even sure if this is the Manchester based booking agency that handled the play off legs as they were pretty on the ball with operators.
    It's not clear what you are saying.

But are you are suggesting a S/T holder is entitled to purchase 4 for the 18/19 S/T and then another 4 for the 19/20 S/T ?

If that's what you are saying, then I think you're wrong & am only entitled to 4.

(you're probably not saying that).
    No mate I can only purchase 4 with my season ticket I have 1 S/T FOR 2018/2019 plus I purchased a new one for 2019/20 season so did my Brother but we can only get into one ID we wanted to use both to get the extra ticket making 5 bought using both season tickets from what ever season eligible this happened for the play off leg as well and has been on going for about 3 seasons, they have not sent my brother his ID number so he cant log in they have also spelt his name wrong  however as we very speak I sent an email and it has been answered today so I might just make it. fingers crossed thanks for trying to fathom it out. above was a bit jumbled as I was trying to send email and constantly redialling the non manned phone line

• Options
    So it's pretty much all category 3 and below which are left? Only single category 1 seats?
  • Options
    I think we should put the word out on one of the upper tier blocks being a singing block, so when people pile in tomorrow to buy we can group singers together

anybody able to see availability care to nominate a block?
  • Options
    I think we should put the word out on one of the upper tier blocks being a singing block, so when people pile in tomorrow to buy we can group singers together

Good idea. Need as many people standing and singing as possible. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Not helpful. 
    The website is clunky and needs to be made user friendly. Navigation is not obvious and with the timer set to kick you out if you take your time adds to the pressure and mistakes happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Solidgone said:
    Not helpful. 
    The website is clunky and needs to be made user friendly. Navigation is not obvious and with the timer set to kick you out if you take your time adds to the pressure and mistakes happen. 
    The timer can be restarted. After the 20 mins to purchase ends. It asks if you need more time ?
    If you click yes, it gives you another 20 mins and then another and so on.
    So on the face of it your time is unlimited, although I can imagine the site may have a problem, if you are on their for ages, simply because that's IT for you.
  • Options

Some of us can't stand though.

• Options

So trying to nominate blocks more likely to be for standing will help as you know to avoid them ones
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What are the orange circles with an (i) in the middle of them for? All a bit confusing in terms of what they mean as there is no key. 
    Wheelchair seats?
    Hope not all of them as the block I have just bought for all had them, including mine. Nowhere on the website said they were for wheelchair only. Not entirely sure how the "family area" works either. Do you have to have a kid with you or can you just have two 'Young Adults'?
    If you hover over the i it shows they are wheelchair and wheelchair carers
  • Options

So trying to nominate blocks more likely to be for standing will help as you know to avoid them ones
    I'm in 528
  • Options
    redman said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    What are the orange circles with an (i) in the middle of them for? All a bit confusing in terms of what they mean as there is no key. 
    Wheelchair seats?
    Hope not all of them as the block I have just bought for all had them, including mine. Nowhere on the website said they were for wheelchair only. Not entirely sure how the "family area" works either. Do you have to have a kid with you or can you just have two 'Young Adults'?
    If you hover over the i it shows they are wheelchair and wheelchair carers
    Not where Sage is sitting in Block 140.
    I presume the i stands for information, so if you hover on it, you will get the relevant info about the seat.
    I would guess this is when it isn't a "standard" seat.
    So it could be a family area seat, or could be a disabled seat or whatever isn't standard adult.
  • Options
    There are about 1400 left in the lower tiers and 16,000 left in the highest tier (some blocks not sold but not on sale).
  • Options
    What does it mean on the site when it says those who have already purchased can purchase another two? 

• Monday, May 20th at 9am: Any members on the database, as of May 17th, can purchase a maximum of six tickets. Those who will have already purchased will be able to purchase an additional two tickets
    Purchased what? Tickets for Wembley or purchased any tickets throughout the season? Ideally I want seven sat together. Can you link accounts like you were able with the semi finals?
    I'm pretty sure it talking about Wembley. A ST holder is restricted to 4 over the weekend. From Monday they can buy 2 more if they have already bought 4. If they haven't bought any yet they can buy 6 on Monday 
  • Options

If you have previously linked accounts, they should still be there, as it's still Charlton's ticket system.
    I'm not sure whether it will allow you 7.
    It should definitely allow 6 and may allow another, if you assign the 7th to another member.

Alternativley, if you want to be sure and someone else is available, both log on at same time & when you both get through at similar times, talk on the phone to ensure you get seats together.
    I did this Saturday as I had similar issue.