Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Weird Phobia's

I can understand spiders, flying even clowns but crumpets?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48058863

anyone have a weird phobia?

Comments

• @ElfsborgAddick has a phobia about buying a round. 
  • pigeons and stuff like people biting on cotton wool or dry towels (not pillows)
  • Why would someone be biting on cotton wool!
  • It’s not a phobia but I never feel entirely comfortable putting a lid on a takeaway coffee cup. 
  • edited April 2019
    How does @DaveMehmet feel about the fear of repetitive holes?

• I can understand spiders, flying even clowns but crumpets?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48058863

anyone have a weird phobia?

What about flying odd clowns?
  • This is going to sound terribly un-PC, but I honestly, genuinely have a phobia of drag queens, the way other people have a phobia of clowns. I can't even look at them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• hawksmoor said:
    This is going to sound terribly un-PC, but I honestly, genuinely have a phobia of drag queens, the way other people have a phobia of clowns. I can't even look at them. 
    Cobblersequinophobia?
  • Friend of mine hates the pattern thing, like the crumpets.  Can't stand spaghetti hoops because they do that in the tin.

Used to work with a girl who hates mustard, not just didn't like it, it actually creeped her out.
  • hawksmoor said:
    This is going to sound terribly un-PC, but I honestly, genuinely have a phobia of drag queens, the way other people have a phobia of clowns. I can't even look at them. 
    Cobblersequinophobia?
    Chickswithdicksophobia
  • Oh and similar to Hawksmoor in the it's un-PC, but my Father-in-Law really gets freaked out by dwarves.
  • @Carter has a phobia of Morris Dancers
  • Friend of mine hates the pattern thing, like the crumpets.  Can't stand spaghetti hoops because they do that in the tin.

That's called trypophobia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trypophobia

I have a real fear of revolving doors and avoid wherever possible. It's getting quite difficult in the City as every new office building seems to have them!
  • Oh and similar to Hawksmoor in the it's un-PC, but my Father-in-Law really gets freaked out by dwarves.
    Don't let him get stuck in a boozer with elfsborg and AFKA then.
  • walking across wet tiles 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    I can get how some stuff can get in your tits in a kind of OCD way......but how can you really have a “fear “ of irregular patterns of holes?!? Fucking weirdos. 
  • This should probably go in the general things that annoy you thread but I reckon most people with "phobias" don't actually have them. It's just something they really don't like.
    Some girl on tv the other day with an apparent phobia of heights, 5 minutes later she's abseiling down a cliff. 
  • If a smell can defined as a phobia then the smell of fish, can make me violently ill.

My other half has way too many phobias (spiders, feathers, dogs etc.). Early on in our relationship she thought it was weird that I didn't have any irrational fears so I made up a fear of dwarves. Fifteen years later I still have to pretend to be scared of the little buggers. It's got to the point that I now actually have a phobia of telling her the truth as she'll realise out whole relationship had been based on a lie. The irony isn't lost on me.
  • Trypophobia makes me feel really uneasy for some reason, not the natural ones like a honeycomb but the one on people skin really creeps me out - just google Trypophobia to see what i mean!
  • I come out in a rash when I see the colours red and blue together.

Particularly if they're vertical stripes.
  • I love mashed potatoes but will only eat it if I’ve done it myself. The thought of someone else’s lumpy mash sends shivers down my spine
  • @ElfsborgAddick has a phobia about buying a round. 

Pikeys away 2 seasons ago.
  • Hedgehogs.

Spikey, flea, worm ridden bastards give me the creeps, proper sweaty palm stuff!