Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Clayden (P3. released to Wealdstone)

edited March 2023 in General Charlton
signed first pro contract today. Think he’s another one we’ve got out of Leyton Orient. Featured for the U23 recently.

Joins the long list of pros we’ve had from out of Brentwood way I think.

welcome Charlie 

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Charlie!
  • Options
    Knock em cold son
  • Options
    All the best Charlie.
  • Options
    Full power!
  • Options
    Does Scarfy only appear when we sign senior players?
  • Options
    Chizz said:

A different desk to the usual one
  • Options
    Must be left footed then.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Must be left footed then.
    Not necessarily. Some are right handed but left footed. Equally, I have witnessed some so called pro footballers that have two left feet and can kick just as badly with one as the other.

Good luck Charlie on the start of what I hope will be a long and successful career.
  • Options
    Well he potentially knows Toby if its the same player

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/december/wba-fayc-report/

Would say from his position in the team sheet that he's potentially a Midfielder
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he is a forward.
  • Options
    Left winger I believe he is. 
  • Options
    Well he potentially knows Toby if its the same player

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/december/wba-fayc-report/

Would say from his position in the team sheet that he's potentially a Midfielder
    Think he is a forward.
    Left winger I believe he is. 
    Versatile?

• Options
    Charlton Charlie!
  • Options
    At least he could understand the contract, maybe get him to give Bowyers a read
  • Options
    Joined Aaron Henry at Wealdstone on a one month loan
  • Options
    Joined Aaron Henry at Wealdstone on a one month loan
    Does that make it 11 out on loan?
  • Options
    Cheers Henry, another one for me to remember to look up tomorrow evening
  • Options
    Cheers Henry, another one for me to remember to look up tomorrow evening
    At least it's at Wealdstone so not another game for you to track.

Interesting that last night Akin said how closely Norwich track his progress and stay in touch with him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite an important period for Clayden, to prove that he's good enough to get another contract with us. The one thing on his side it that he will still be classified as an U21 next season, so not covered by the squad size cap
  • Options
    From a quick look at the scrolling score details on Final Score, looks like he scored for Wealdstone today, but they lost.
  • Options
    Tbh I think he offers more than DJ and Leko
  • Options
    Yeah he's impressed me when he's been called upon by the First Team this season.

Cant ask anymore than what he's done so far - But dont know if I'd want him to cover there for a large part of the season yet
  • Options
    Looks more than competent as a back-up option. Has done well against both QPR and Plymouth now.
  • Options
    Good going forward today which gave Kirk more space.  Still pretty naive with his defensive positioning but more than adequate as a backup in my opinion
  • Options
    Yeah he's impressed me when he's been called upon by the First Team this season.

Cant ask anymore than what he's done so far - But dont know if I'd want him to cover there for a large part of the season yet
    Looks more than competent as a back-up option. Has done well against both QPR and Plymouth now.
    He's done well but honestly with his age and inexperience I wouldn't necessarily be 100% getting another option in anyway, if only to make it that we CAN call on him as cover but we don't HAVE to.

Too much pressure, especially if he does unfortunately have a bad day or make a particularly disastrous mistake (as youth players sometimes do, it's quite natural) could set him back.

That said, he's done well enough that getting that extra cover has become more of an "ideal world" solution not an imminent crisis.
  • Options
    Been really impressed with him, especially how good he been going forwards. Thought Plymouth looked to exploit us down that side when they had 11 and had a bit of joy, but they are a good team, and Kirk is not going to offer the best defensive cover.