Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters Golf - (2024 from page 10)

Comments

• Options
    the golf majors are getting more and more like women's tennis, very hard to predict a winner from a multitude of talent .. 
    Very true, particularly for the other three majors - however The Masters in the last 20 years or so has rarely thrown up a surprise rank outsider - Danny Willetts excepted! 
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    With 11 e/w places on offer with Skybet, I did a bit of 'quick and dirty' research into the recent past record of top performers as an indicator of who typically does well at Augusta:

1. Shauffele (18/1) - 3rd in 2021, 17th in 2020, 2nd in 2019
    2. Spieth (16/1) - 4th in 2021, 21st in 2019, 4th in 2018, 11th in 2017
    3. Rahm (10/1) - 5th in 2021, 7th in 2020, 9th in 2019, 4th in 2018
    4. Rose (50/1) - 7th in 2021, 23rd in 2020, 12th in 2018, 2nd in 2017
    5. Reed (50/1) - 9th in 2021, 7th in 2020, 9th in 2019, 1st in 2018
    6. Matsuyama (35/1) - 1st in 2021, 13th in 2020, 32nd in 2019, 19th in 2018, 11th in 2017
     - be aware he may not be playing this year!
    7. Conners (40/1) 8th in 2021, 10th in 2020
    8. Finau (45/1) - 10th in 2021, 8th in 2019
    9. McIlroy  (16/1) - 5th in 2020, 7th in 2018, 7th in 2017

Some decent e/w price available there I reckon so I'm on the first 8 with a bigger punt on Rahm to win. Reed looks great e/w value @ 50/1 too.

Great stuff Meldrew, I'll be having a nibble at most of those. Thanks.
  • Options
    Niemann, Oosthuizen and probably Koepka for me. 
  • Options
    If hovland ever gives up golf, he’d be a great voiceover for Kermit the frog!!🤣, however I think he will be in the green jacket one day.
  • Options
    Decent EW value on golfers with good Masters form I think are

Conners (40/1), Finau (50/1) and Pieters (100/1)

Gun to my head.  Rahm.  Win only 11/1

• Options
    Delighted Woods has made it, hopefully make the cut, anything else is a bonus. 
  • Options
    Dodgy weather over the last couple of days. Hope it doesn't continue & affect the Tournament itself.
  • Options
    For those looking a clue to first round leader. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I accidentally splurged a bit on the exchange market this morning… have set up in-play lay bets to get most of my stakes back if any of these guys shorten up during the course of the weekend.

Morikawa 30
    Hovland 30
    Spieth 30
    Berger 60
    Conners 70
    Scott 75
    Rose 100
    Horschel 110
    Reed 120
    Bubba 120
  • Options
    I've gone small this week, feels like a lottery of late with so many potential different winners. 
    Morikawa 
    Scheffler (hotshots)
    Kisner
    Reed
    Homa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cantlay,scheffler or thomas for me 

Don't the odds on tiger making the cut but it wd be a major achievement if he did 👍👍
  • Options
    Cantlay main bet and Van Rooyen as an outsider ew
  • Options
    Do a 5-tier split comp with mates, these are my selections. Had a nibble on all of them

Justin Thomas 12/1
    Zalatoris 33/1
    List 110/1
    Van Rooyen 175/1
    Nakajima 350/1
  • Options
    Heres mine for this week-:
    E/W is paying the Top 11 places on SkyBet

Rahm - 10/1  - £1 e/w
    Rose  - 110/1 - .50p e/w
    Westwood - 110/1 - 50p e/w
    Hatton - 40/1 - 50p e/w
    Fleetwood 55/1 - 50p e/w
    Hovland 16/1 - 50p e/w
    Casey 45/1 - 50p e/w
    Cameron Smith 14/1 - £5  Win only****

**** As I've bet £5 on Smith as an outright win, I will get a £1 for every birdie he scores in Rd 1in SkyBets Hotshot competition.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who isn’t on board with this Tiger loving. You’d think he’d cured cancer in his time off the way the media are going on about him. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who isn’t on board with this Tiger loving. You’d think he’d cured cancer in his time off the way the media are going on about him. 
    No, your not alone.

I admit I admire him for being out there this week after the car crash last year, but I've never had the love for him. 

Even the graphic on the 1st tee set my teeth on edge....."First Masters appearance since 2020". THERE WAS ONLY ONE OTHER ONE IN BETWEEN. Arrghhh.

• Options
    It is wall to wall coverage of Tiger. There are other players on the course.
  • Options
    It’s the select group coverage stage, there isn’t much choice given. 

Opens up up to full coverage at 8pm
  • Options
    I've always found him a pretty charmless individual but golf is full of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Outstanding round so far from Cam Smith
  • Options
    Easy Tiger 😁
  • Options
    Whether you like Tiger woods or not, his record of wins and the way he transformed golf as a sport can not be argued with. Is he particularly likeable?, probably not. But Faldo for example wasn’t the most pleasant chap, it’s probably what sets these guys apart from the rest though. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Whether you like Tiger woods or not, his record of wins and the way he transformed golf as a sport can not be argued with. Is he particularly likeable?, probably not. But Faldo for example wasn’t the most pleasant chap, it’s probably what sets these guys apart from the rest though. 
    You cerainly need a particular mindset to do well.
  • Options
    I had Scottie Scheffler on the skybet hotshot. Anyone know when it gets credited?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Some of the most boring people I know are golfers….the ones that take it real serious are a drag talking about it continuously. I like playing but not it’s not the end all and be all. 
  • Options
    An amazing effort from Woods to shoot 71 given how serious the accident he had was. His recovery has been amazing.

His determination is off the scale. 
  • Options
    Ah, makes me teeth itch when posters pick any old thread to reignite. It says 2019 in the title!! Just start a new thread

Shame on you @CAFCsayer, hope you get stuck in a lift with Karl Robinson when he’s in a chatty mood :-) 
    Absolutely this. It is as if some people think the creation of a new thread is a wasteful use of precious resources. I think I will start a Tour de France 2022 thread today.
  • Options
    Have modest win only bets on Smith, Scheffler and Hovland with an each way punt on Conners.   Not a bad first round.  Smith bookending his round by double bogies and still shooting 4 under was quite something. I think he’ll win it. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Some of the most boring people I know are golfers….the ones that take it real serious are a drag talking about it continuously. I like playing but not it’s not the end all and be all. 
    Ironic post, golf is boring to talk about…. But then talks about it on a golf thread!!😜. I must be extremely boring, I love playing, watching and talking about it!!!🤷🏻‍♂️🤣