Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters Golf - (2024 from page 10)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Scheffler changed caddies a couple of months back. Ted Scott, previously partnered with Bubba Watson until Sep 2021.

Prior to joining forces, Scheffler had 62 PGA appearances, no wins and eight and half million dollars in prize money.

Since then, he’s got 4 wins (including the Masters) from nine PGA appearances and over nine million in prize money.
  • Options
    Having watched the Liverpool Man City game where some of the close control and one touch passing was of another planet,I settled down for the Masters finale.While enthralled at the quality on show,I think the Macliroy-Morikawa show on the 18th was a sporting moment that is up there with finest.The joy these two showed at each others shots was a credit to the sport and the people who play it.
    Big fan of McIlroy and the way he conducts himself.
  • Options
    Scheffler changed caddies a couple of months back. Ted Scott, previously partnered with Bubba Watson until Sep 2021.

Prior to joining forces, Scheffler had 62 PGA appearances, no wins and eight and half million dollars in prize money.

Since then, he’s got 4 wins (including the Masters) from nine PGA appearances and over nine million in prize money.
    Is his caddie taking the shots now then...???
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Having watched the Liverpool Man City game where some of the close control and one touch passing was of another planet,I settled down for the Masters finale.While enthralled at the quality on show,I think the Macliroy-Morikawa show on the 18th was a sporting moment that is up there with finest.The joy these two showed at each others shots was a credit to the sport and the people who play it.
    Big fan of McIlroy and the way he conducts himself.
    Contrast that to the conduct of Tyrell Hatton who swears & moans everytime he hits an average shot. 

Hatton came last (after the cut) and I read he was moaning that the course is a bit of a joke as good shots at the pin were not rewarded due to the slopes on the green. 

Guys a plank. 
  • Options
    He's playing for one of the majors, does he expect it to be flat par 3 nine hole course with no bunkers or water hazards?

Assume he won't be playing in the Open at St Andrews as that can be a tough course.
  • Options
    Anyone watching this coming weekend? Can anyone beat Scheffler?
  • Options
    Are Sky doing the 'it's Rory's year this year'. Gets a bit tiresome.

Also if Woods is playing and 50 shots off the lead Sky will show a few of his shots.
  • Options
    The coverage does my head in.
    Sky often spend loads of time watching Rory on the driving range or whatever when there's live golf on the course. 
  • Options
    I'll be watching all 4 days, but I wish it would go back to the Beeb. Sky coverage has got worse over the last few years. Loads of chat and demos, while live golf is going on + the bloody adverts. I've recently decided to cancel Sky as soon as the football season ends, far too expensive now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not even highlights on the BBC.

It was the BBC and Nick Faldo that got many people interested in The Masters in the late 1980s
  • Options
    I'll be watching all 4 days, but I wish it would go back to the Beeb. Sky coverage has got worse over the last few years. Loads of chat and demos, while live golf is going on + the bloody adverts. I've recently decided to cancel Sky as soon as the football season ends, far too expensive now.
    Hopefully they r still doing amen corner & featured groups on the red dot, means you can watch golf continuously & ignore all the chat. Footy aside, this is my favourite tv sporting event of the year 
  • Options
      I've stuck a tenner on Hovland
  • Options
    Segio and Wyndham clark loom massive prices at 70s and 48s, considering one has gone close in a few liv tournaments and one nearly won the players and is world number 4. Backed both of those and Aberg each way
  • Options
    Scheffler has to be the favourite given his recent form but is hardly a backable price. I have done a few ew at longer prices - Theegala, Conners, Henley & N Taylor. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    That's a bold bet, been well off form since ditching JM.

Can't see past Scottie myself but hope not. Hopefully his putting takes a couple of steps back again.
  • Options
    Will a LIV golfer be on contention on Sunday  ??  Have they forgotten there are 4 rounds & will be on the plane home Sat night 😀
  • Options
    I love Rory but he does tend to leak it left and right off the tee at times.....not something you want to be doing on the back 9 at Augusta. Also his short iron play is not as good as it should be. 

No idea who us goung to win though. Quite often its someone you dont expect. 
  • Options
    Will a LIV golfer be on contention on Sunday  ??  Have they forgotten there are 4 rounds & will be on the plane home Sat night 😀
    Possibly yes. Probably no.  :)
  • Options
    For the most part I know nothing about golf, and would find playing it frustrating, but I used to love watching the Masters because it said spring is here and the course looked so pretty.
    Now it is on the Sky channel that’s that, no more watching it. For someone with a casual interest like me, the Sky channel won’t get my subscription because it has this tournament. 
    The Sky channel carries advertisements as well as demanding money from the viewer, they get a double income, at least netflicks is advertising free.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    For the most part I know nothing about golf, and would find playing it frustrating, but I used to love watching the Masters because it said spring is here and the course looked so pretty.
    Now it is on the Sky channel that’s that, no more watching it. For someone with a casual interest like me, the Sky channel won’t get my subscription because it has this tournament. 
    The Sky channel carries advertisements as well as demanding money from the viewer, they get a double income, at least netflicks is advertising free.
    Hate to break it to you Seth but Netflix is only ad free if you pay for a plan that doesn't include ads.
  • Options
    Possibly yes. Probably no.  :)
    Can never write off Rahm or Brooks!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    seth plum said:
    Hate to break it to you Seth but Netflix is only ad free if you pay for a plan that doesn't include ads.
    Wow.
    Can you also pay for ad free Sky Television?
  • Options
    I once saw a clip of Tiger Woods playing keepy uppy with a Golf ball and a golf club which impressed me, and Rory Gallagher as a child hitting ball after ball into his washing machine, or maybe it was a tumble dryer.
    Oops sorry, it was Rory Mackilroy, but at least they are both ☘️ 
  • Options
    edited April 10
    Anyway, back to the Masters…

Backed Brian Harman a monthago ew at 70s for 10 places. For last couple of tournaments since hasn’t inspired me though!

Do have a gut feel one of the LIV golfers will triumph. Probably Rahm but think Niemann might have a good tournament. 

Fancy Clark to do well too just only nagging point is it’s his first time at the Masters 
  • Options
    Will Rory throw it away on the first day or the second day this year?

not his greatest fan, but would like him to finally win it. 

I reckon Rahm retains title. 
  • Options
    Anyway, back to the Masters…

Backed Brian Harman a monthago ew at 70s for 10 places. For last couple of tournaments since hasn’t inspired me though!

Do have a gut feel one of the LIV golfers will triumph. Probably Rahm but think Niemann might have a good tournament. 

Fancy Clark to do well too just only nagging point is it’s his first time at the Masters 
    Good shout Harman...Slight advantage on a couple of scoring holes being a lefty as well!
  • Options
    Won't he be playing for United at Bournemouth on Saturday evening?
  • Options
    Had EW bets on Hovland, Aberg, Clark and Theegala. 

It's one of my favourite sporting events of the year and will be glued to it. Really glad my club have put on a Scramble Tournament on Sunday and are keeping the bar open afterwards for people to watch the final round together. Can't wat for it!
  • Options
    I'm finding it hard to pick anyone other than Scheffler. If I was to waste a few pounds, I think I'd go for Zalatoris as the odds are good, he has previous, and performs better in big events. 

The LIV guys all played target golf on bermuda grass last week which isn't ideal prep. On Clark, I heard it pointed out today that he likes his big queefy cut too much so could struggle on some tees.