Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Masters Golf - 2022 Pg.6

Starts on Thursday. Who do you fancy?

Can anyone justify Rory McIlroy being as short as 6/1 with some bookies?

Comments

• We have a comp at work where you have to pick 1 golfer from uk and ire, usa, Europe and rest of the world and then winner takes the pot 
    I’ve had 
    rose 
    rahm 
    fowler 
    Matsuyama
  • edited April 2019
    I have each way bets on De chambeau, Molinari (unbelievably at 33-1) and Hautong Li at 125-1. I think McIlroy will win but he is unbackable at his current price. Golf betting is largely a lottery. 
  • Molinari or Justin Thomas for me!

Would love to see Tiger do it though!
  • I've not gone through odds yet but I like Adam Scott for it, he's turned around his putting this year. Will probably bet on Oosthuizen and Leishman as usual, and Spieth will have decent odds. Yes he been playing poorly but he can go well with his B or C game at Augusta, and he seems to know why things have been bad for him - this podcast with him last week was really insightful https://nolayingup.com/2019/04/02/nlu-podcast-episode-206-jordan-spieth/
  • Listened to a couple of podcasts and looking at lots of stats I'm down to -
    McIlroy
    Garcia
    Rose
    Thomas
    Cantalay
    Poulter

Molinari was so good for 4 of the 5 days in the Matchplay he's got to be worth a cheeky punt too.

Sky Bet paying 1/5 odds for top 10 I think.

• Does @PeanutsMolloy not have a model for this?   :)
  • Would love Tiger to win. He might just do it too
  • Will always back Rose myself as been a fan of his even since he turned pro - At the same time would love to see Tiger win
  • Matt Wallace now 36th in the world and improves every year. Good value e/w at 110-1. Will also have a nibble at Fowler as I think this is the year he will win a major.
  • Like Fowler to win too
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    Like Fowler to win too
    Me too.  But he won't. 
  • masicat said:
    Matt Wallace now 36th in the world and improves every year. Good value e/w at 110-1. Will also have a nibble at Fowler as I think this is the year he will win a major.
    hes also 9/2 to be top debutant
  • Love to see Molinari or Fleetwood win.

Don't think Woods has a hope in hell but happy to be proved wrong.
  • Matt Wallace ew 10 places sky bet..
  • I was with Tasxi Lad until he mentioned Fowler, he might do but not for me. 
  • Would love McIlroy to win it, but I think the back 9 does him everytime. I think ghosts haunt him when he steps on the 10th tee & then the 11th & 15th have too many trees either side for him. You need a plodder around that course.....Molanari or Rose, but I think a yank will win in this year. As long as it's not Furyk or Mickleson.....cheating bastards. 
  • edited April 2019
    Would love McIlroy to win it, but I think the back 9 does him everytime. I think ghosts haunt him when he steps on the 10th tee & then the 11th & 15th have too many trees either side for him. You need a plodder around that course.....Molanari or Rose, but I think a yank will win in this year. As long as it's not Furyk or Mickleson.....cheating bastards. 

Not this year.   He's not finished outside the top 10.   His price is too skinny to back him big, but he's the best player and most consistent player in the world this year by far.

He STILL finished 2nd last year....

• I like Fowler's chances and backed him at 22-1 before last week. Also did Spieth at 25 which I think is generous considering his record at Augusta.
    Also done Leishman 60-1 & Charley Hoffman 150 - 1 both ew. Hoffman tends to play well at Augusta and finished 2nd in Texas yesterday.
  • Molinari, Casey, Poulter and Kisner for me
  • philcafc said:
    I like Fowler's chances and backed him at 22-1 before last week. Also did Spieth at 25 which I think is generous considering his record at Augusta.
    Also done Leishman 60-1 & Charley Hoffman 150 - 1 both ew. Hoffman tends to play well at Augusta and finished 2nd in Texas yesterday.
    That’s an excellent price for Hoffman 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoffman is always a solid first round leader bet, so much so he's only 33/1. I'll wait for the draw before spending. 

For Spieth's form his odds are poor now, some how Koepka is better value. So I've also gone for him and Schauffele, who I don't think will win but I'll be all over come the PGA at Bethpage.
  • Love to see Molinari or Fleetwood win.

Don't think Woods has a hope in hell but happy to be proved wrong.
    Fleetwood 30/1 - decent odds.
  • None of the top 11 in the current world rankings have won the Masters. The Masters is different and always throws up a good story. I love it. An obvious point is that we all know the course and the holes but obvious or not that is what makes it special. The Open may the more prestigious title but The Masters is the best for the TV viewer. 
  • edited April 2019
    Riviera said:i
    None of the top 11 in the current world rankings have won the Masters. The Masters is different and always throws up a good story. I love it. An obvious point is that we all know the course and the holes but obvious or not that is what makes it special. The Open may the more prestigious title but The Masters is the best for the TV viewer. 
    Rose has been very close and has best record over last six years by far.

Speith is woefully out of form and Koepka since going on a diet has lost his distance and timing.
  • supaclive said:
    Riviera said:i
    None of the top 11 in the current world rankings have won the Masters. The Masters is different and always throws up a good story. I love it. An obvious point is that we all know the course and the holes but obvious or not that is what makes it special. The Open may the more prestigious title but The Masters is the best for the TV viewer. 
    Rose has been very close and has best record over last six years by far.

Speith is woefully out of form and Koepka since going on a diet has lost his distance and timing.
    Nothing against Justin Rose who certainly has a chance but i think you'll find that Spieth has the best recent record. To compare Rose - T25, T14, T2, T10, 2, T12. Spieth - DNP, T2, 1, T2, 11, 3.
  • Did Not Play counts as infinity ! 😊
  • Riviera said:
    So says Rory..... :smiley:
  • All I can say is it won't be Speith or Tiger.
  • edited April 2019
    Which golf podcasts are worth a listen? 
  • edited April 2019

I know Speith is having a mare but I cant not back him:

Top 10 inc Ties - Molinari / Fleetwood @ 13/2

Winners bets: Molinari, Fleetwood, Speith (thought I bet on them to be top 10 2, not sure exactly as it says outright only but I put under top 10 odds)

Finau to be first round leader @40

EW- top 10 - Wallace & Noren