Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    I will take a 50 pound bet offering the first taker 3 to 1 that Taylor is still here Saturday. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    FAVADDICK said:
    Apparently weve had 3 bids turned down for ivan Toney
    This has been confirmed by the Peterborough chairman on Twitter.
    Has also confirmed that he expects players to leave by Thursday and that Luton are also interested

Mentions they've turned down a £3m and £3.5m bid (Surely for Marcus Maddison?) from a club too
  • Options
    See, we are minted
  • Options
    First story that comes up on Google from 1 day ago.....

"£10M BID TURNED DOWN FROM MIDDLESBROUGH FOR IVAN TONEY"

Yeah call me sceptical but that sounds bollocks to me. We havent got 10p
  • Options
    Brentford just spunked £7m on the new Andy Delort
  • Options

If someone has offered £10m for Toney then they're nuts!!
  • Options

So the Peterborough chairman is tweeting saying we bid for one of their players but is completely making it up?

I doubt it.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    Darragh MacAnthony
    Owner of Peterborough United & Elegant Realty, Dad to 3 gorgeous children, married to soulmate Natalie, Appreciative/Positive/Thankful of all I have in my life!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I think you would be surprised how much money we have. Bowyer found £1 in the glove box of his car earlier so thats £1.10. The bad news is it was the pound for his Tesco shopping trolley. 
  • Options

PLEASE confirm this photo was taken a few minutes ago !

who's that?

Photo taken in May 2019.

Another Dijksteel that could have been of interest.

• Options
    Seen this picture on Twitter? Wonder who leaked it? 
  • Options
    That’s that then. He’s gone. Better update the title of this thread. 
  • Options
    Boro looking for a more physical Striker.....hmm
  • Options
    Announce Gunter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the picture real...?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    If we made an offer for Ivan Toney that means there is some kind of budget somewhere.
    Maybe Bowyer is selling Dijksteel to get a striker in. It's sounds unlikely, but maybe he got agreement with Roland that he would be allowed to spend any money generated in the window? Especially as RD has got the Lookman sell on money
  • Options
    Deffo real got it sent to me
  • Options
    So according to Sky the club have turned down a bid for Taylor as has been reported on all social media. Now call me skeptical (sp), but I have a couple of theories about this-:
    1) Taylor was never going to be sold, but by the club saying a bid has been rejected it shows RD in a 'good' light that he has held onto one of our best players and he gets some kind of kudos!
    2) Taylor is up for sale, first bid rejected, 2nd or 3rd bid accepted out comes the "We did all we could to hold onto him, but he wanted to go as it was a massive pay rise for him, and we couldn't match their offer"
    3) As number 1, but add "We did all we could to get 5 players over the line, didn't quite get it done in time, but hey we've still got Lyle"
    4) All a smokescreen to deflect from AD leaving for Boro
    5) As number 2, but "deal didn't go through until late and it didn't allow us enough time to get any replacements in; but RD has promised we can have the funds in January to strengthen IF we are pushing for promotion"

Anything I've missed?
    You might be over-complicating things, RM.  The positions of Dijksteel and Taylor seem unrelated.  Duchatelet doesn't bother with smokescreens.

He might reject another offer from Brentford; in a previous window he did spurn Blackburn's advances for Bauer - then saw the player go for free at the end of his contract.

Brentford are flush, having just copped £20m from Brighton for striker Maupay.  They might make Duchatelet an offer he won't refuse.
  • Options
    If we made an offer for Ivan Toney that means there is some kind of budget somewhere.
    Maybe Bowyer is selling Dijksteel to get a striker in. It's sounds unlikely, but maybe he got agreement with Roland that he would be allowed to spend any money generated in the window? Especially as RD has got the Lookman sell on money

Don't be daft, we won't see a penny of anything
  • Options
    What flag is that they're holding?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    There is only one place where a peaceful mass protest of Charlton fans would have any effect.

Exactly. It's his manor, and he needs his routine, which includes lunch at Stayen pretty much every day. 

That said, he employs a lot of the 30k citizens, and has a good (but not invincible) relationship with local plod. 

Another mass protest is worth doing and do-able, but we should also think about other ways to embarrass him in front of those whose admiration he craves. 

I really admire the Led by Donkeys poster campaign but thus far we didn't get sensible quotes for posters over there. I would love to know how, and for how much the Donkeys guys got that big poster in Brussels for the very moment of Theresa May's visit. 

I still have my Donkey outfit, if you could use this in any way 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    What flag is that they're holding?
    Surinam

Its a ex Dutch colony so anyone from there can represent the Netherlands too so far as im aware