Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Moo said:
    se9addick said:
    Swisdom said:
    I would definitely have Magennis back. 

Strong and pacy and defensively he was an asset for us.

if he’s unattached he’d be looking to sort something quickly and shouldn’t cost the earth. He’d give us another option and might work well with Lyle
    Dear god, please no.
    After watching us yesterday I actually think Magennis would fit well into the system it looks like Bowyer wants to play and would take some of the pressure off of Lyle. Bowyer has said Bonne “isn’t ready” for the Championship which means we only really have two strikers, one of whom is currently injured and we have five days and very little budget to improve that situation - Magennis would be a good addition in this circumstances.
    I doubt this will happen. Think LB wants a different type of striker. 
    Agree. Bowyer wants someone mobile who runs the channels. I really don’t think he likes the idea of a big target man that focuses the play to hopeful balls into the box and flick ons. Absolutely clear we need at least one senior striker coming in. Lose Taylor at all and we’re in big trouble. Four / five coming in is a big ask but in reality our season hinges on what happens this week. 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer will look at players that can fit into the team. Players bring different attributes and more than one type of player can work. An added advantage of Magennis is cover for Taylor too. If I see a player play brilliantly, as I have seen Magennis do and the same player play badly, as I have seen Magennis do. I think, this is a player who can play brilliantly. Some of you lot think, this is a player who isn't very good. A poor player can never play brilliantly. 
  • Options
    Alan Nixon‏ @reluctantnicko
    On Nketiah. At last count yesterday 23 teams had asked for a loan

ARSENAL. Split on what to do with excellent young Nketiah. Transfer team want to loan. Coach would like to stay. BRISTOL CITY head the queue. CARDIFF also keen as move for foreign striker falters.

Lets be honest Nketiah isn’t coming. Wells and Taylor would be excellent realistic acquisitions for our budget. Think yesterday may really help convince any prospect that we can be competitive.

We need four. We must get two strikers and two midfielders. The lack of midfield rumours is a little worrying, but in Bowyer and Gallen I trust to find the right people.

I still hope they kept Dean Smith’s number after last week as a few Aston’s villa fringe players really impressed.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2019
    Scoham said:
    I’m convinced Bowyer doesn’t rate Magennis and wouldn’t have him back. Can see us signing better on loan.
    Lee Bowyer has said that he will only get players in if they can improve the team otherwise there is no point. 

Magennis needed a decent strike partner & was overplayed. Alongside Chucks Anneke & Lyle Taylor, Magennis might be Ok as a third striker & an experienced head on shoulders to help balance the youth in the squad. 

But is a decent quick hungry loan striker better ?

Great manager, Lee Bowyer, upfront, honest & says everything you want to hear from a Charlton manager : regarding what he expects from players & positively encouraging  good performance & effort. 

Keeping Dijksteel essential. If the additional 4 or 5 players arrive then Charlton have a fighting chance. I can start to believe the impossible. 

In Bowyer, Steve Gallen & Johnnie Jackson I trust. 
  • Options
    No to Magennis, it's not necessarily all his fault but him in the team just encourages shit football. I get we need bodies but lets try and avoid players we know are League One standard. Think Bowyer had decided that last year anyway he was expendable

• Options
    Magennis is shit...my 8 year old told me.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    On Nketiah. At last count yesterday 23 teams had asked for a loan

ARSENAL. Split on what to do with excellent young Nketiah. Transfer team want to loan. Coach would like to stay. BRISTOL CITY head the queue. CARDIFF also keen as move for foreign striker falters.

Lets be honest Nketiah isn’t coming. Wells and Taylor would be excellent realistic acquisitions for our budget. Think yesterday may really help convince any prospect that we can be competitive.

We need four. We must get two strikers and two midfielders. The lack of midfield rumours is a little worrying, but in Bowyer and Gallen I trust to find the right people.

I still hope they kept Dean Smith’s number after last week as a few Aston’s villa fringe players really impressed.
    Of course he isn't coming to us, we'll be way down the list. But i posted it in response to someone else saying we'll only get Taylor from Bristol City if they can get a replacement in.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I’m convinced Bowyer doesn’t rate Magennis and wouldn’t have him back. Can see us signing better on loan.
    Expect Nahki Wells & Matty Taylor are our striker targets. Bristol City wont let Taylor go until they bring in a striker though. Hopefully we dont see a repeat of what happened with Mo Eisa like year....when Bristol City didnt end up loaning him to us because they failed to bring in a replacement.
    How do you know they’re our targets? Only mention of Wells I’ve seen came from that rumour I found on Facebook that he was having a medical at the training ground.
  • Options
    Magennis is shit...my 8 year old told me.
    He is correct 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m guessing that we are still waiting on Oztumer situation resolving plus adding another Premier League loan for midfield but perhaps a little bit more by way of senior experience than Gallagher. Upfront is anyone’s guess but we really need a senior pro in the building pdq. 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer will look at players that can fit into the team. Players bring different attributes and more than one type of player can work. An added advantage of Magennis is cover for Taylor too. If I see a player play brilliantly, as I have seen Magennis do and the same player play badly, as I have seen Magennis do. I think, this is a player who can play brilliantly. Some of you lot think, this is a player who isn't very good. A poor player can never play brilliantly. 
    He’s not poor he just isn’t the type of striker I think Bowyer goes for. He’s physical, works hard and mobile enough but on the other hand he’s not a goalscorer and technically he’s limited.

If Bowyer saw Magennis as a partner for Taylor he’d have tried much harder to keep him. Not sure exactly what we sold him for but I don’t think it was much, probably no more than a few hundred thousand.
  • Options
    I long for the days when this becomes the top thread again. 

My hopes : Keeping Dyksteel unless it gives us a bit of money to reinvest.

Another Pratley type experienced midfielder. Liam Bridcutt? Josh McEacran? 

Another young Prem Midfielder. Any ideas from Arsenal Spurs or West Ham? 

A nippy forward. Naki Wells? 

Target man. Ivan Toney? 

• Options
    West Ham have Conor Coventry who would be an option on loan if Cullen is staying.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Target man. Ivan Toney? 

Ivan Toney would surely cost money so dont see that happening

Erhun Oztumer | Nakhi Wells | Matty Taylor | Josh Cullen | Bielik replacement would be my ideal week
  • Options
    West Ham have Conor Coventry who would be an option on loan if Cullen is staying.
    I have felt for a while that it wasn't about getting Bielik and Cullen back but identifying the new talent. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Target man. Ivan Toney? 

Ivan Toney would surely cost money so dont see that happening

Erhun Oztumer | Nakhi Wells | Matty Taylor | Josh Cullen | Bielik replacement would be my ideal week
    Newcastle owe us for the best day they have had in years.

When I thought were would be playing at the SOL on a Friday night, I had arranged to stay at a colleagues house. He told me if we won I wouldn't have to buy a drink in the town centre that evening.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Target man. Ivan Toney

No way we'd get him unfortunately - two years left on his Peterborough contract and would command a sizeable fee.
  • Options
    Taylor on the bench for Bristol city today
  • Options
    Dijksteel is going boro. 2m. Massively underpriced in my eyes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Says who?

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Says who?

What I've heard from 2 people, not had it confirmed from someone I trust as yet. But no reason to doubt the person that told me. 
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Says who?

What I've heard from 2 people, not had it confirmed from someone I trust as yet. But no reason to doubt the person that told me. 
    Disappointing if true

• Options
    mart77 said:
    Who is the player with the blue boots in the middle in the behind the scenes video on valley pass???
    Looks like Gary O’Neil to me🤔🤔
    Could well be, was Bolton POTY last year.

Also from Bromley so he may fancy coming home.
    Definitely looks like O'Neil who is actually 37, nearly 38. Could he be coming in as a player/coach role?
  • Options
    Anyone know much about Jamie Paterson or Liam Palmer. Both being touted as potential signings. Were with Bristol city and Sheff wed last year. Know  nothing about either to be honest.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

• Options
    tajaddick said:
    Anyone know much about Jamie Paterson or Liam Palmer. Both being touted as potential signings. Were with Bristol city and Sheff wed last year. Know  nothing about either to be honest.
    Be happy with either actually... Both have the solid Championship experience that people want - Palmer would say he's a young Pratley whilst Paterson is a forward / winger
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I’ve always been impressed when I’ve seen Paterson. He come on today as a sub.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    tajaddick said:
    Paterson came on as a sub for Bristol City today.
    Palmer played the full 90 for Wednesday yesterday.