Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options
    I'm enjoying this Roland meltdown far too much.
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    Seems like the graffiti and a grilling from Simon Jordan has really got to him. Bless. Yet I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How on earth the man has made millions I don't know.
    I suspect he did so when he had his sanity!
  • Options
    Jokes aside, could he just close the Club as a business and cease trading?
    As I said above could he sell the ground to a property developer and dissolve the club
    Unless the fans can come up with the cash for the Ground themselves, isnt that what the ACV is there to stop?
    The planning system. Viability. Time (five to ten years?). The ACV is just a six month delay - there is no right to buy it instead.

He would have to pay the former directors £7m. He would have to settle all existing contracts or pay redundancy where appropriate. The players’ registrations revert to the EFL, so no fees. It’s a very messy and time consuming route for him to go down.

At the end he gets less than he could sell the club for now. 
    Bad news. If the players contracts would just revert to the EFL then there is less incentive for them to buy us.
    Most are out of contract in the summer anyway
  • Options
    jelly and ice cream when roland does fuck off 
  • Options
    Abso fookin priceless...huh...!!!

🛎🔚 of the highest...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an absolute idiot, proof he is unfit to be an owner, I also blame the EFL (and Murray) but for different reasons to Rolly.  huh
  • Options
    Bet they offer him less than the Aussies.
  • Options
    What an absolute idiot, proof he is unfit to be an owner, I also blame the EFL (and Murray) but for different reasons to Rolly.  huh
    Exactly, hurry up and buy the club!
  • Options
    He is a desperate, desperate man.
  • Options
    One other thing. He’s blaming the EFL for changing the FFP rules, but isn’t it the case that the members changed the rules, and the EFL just enforces them. If he couldn’t convince a majority to stick with the old rules that’s not the EFLs fault. 
  • Options
    Don’t think he’s desperate unfortunately. He’s certainly deluded and slightly barking but desperate to sell us he’s not. I wonder just how far he’s prepared to downscale the club to keep costs to a bare minimum even in league two and still retain the assets. 
  • Options
    {...}
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hahahahahah, what on earth... Geezer is about to get eaten alive in the press, brilliant.
  • Options
    Who are we playing again on Saturday? Keep forgetting about that bit.
  • Options
    An EFL spokesperson told football.london:"The EFL can confirm that we have received a request from Charlton Athletic’s majority shareholder Roland Duchatelet, which we will review and subsequently respond to as appropriate."
    He’s actually contacted them direct? Wow!!!

• Options
    The EFL said it would intervene to find out who was telling the truth but nothing like that happened. They did not really investigate things. Moreover EFL representatives suggested to the group of critics that their claims of August 2018 relating to the bonus might have some basis (despite the fact the EFL hadn’t investigated”

It seems Roland dislikes the EFL as much as he dislikes us!
  • Options
    I may be being melodramatic here but is he asking the EFL to wind us up
  • Options
    McCartney said:
    I may be being melodramatic here but is he asking the EFL to wind us up
    No