Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Bonkers Statement from Roland - the "The EFL must buy the club" one

Comments

• Options
    @cantersaddick -can you post Sue’s defence of the above please (if da boss will make an exception to the rule for you?)
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I don't know what to say.  My flabber is ghasted.  

Maybe it's the beginning of the end game

But our mate Roly has really not done himself any favours there has he.  None at all.
    I just said to @ForeverAddickted I am worried its the beginning of the end for the club now
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    My understanding is that the ACV only puts a sale on hold for six months to give an alternative buyer time to step in @ForeverAddickted. Plus the former Directors have their charges on the property and would need to be repaid.
  • Options
    six months to find 40 million quid. Not easy
  • Options
    This is hilarious. I hope he's suffering just...2% of what we've all suffered the last few years. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Jokes aside, could he just close the Club as a business and cease trading?
    As I said above could he sell the ground to a property developer and dissolve the club
    Unless the fans can come up with the cash for the Ground themselves, isnt that what the ACV is there to stop?
    The planning system. Viability. Time (five to ten years?). The ACV is just a six month delay - there is no right to buy it instead.

He would have to pay the former directors £7m. He would have to settle all existing contracts or pay redundancy where appropriate. The players’ registrations revert to the EFL, so no fees. It’s a very messy and time consuming route for him to go down.

At the end he gets less than he could sell the club for now. 
  • Options
    Cheers for the clear up on the ACV for me to those who replied
  • Options
    six months to find 40 million quid. Not easy
    We'd surely have to hope that Peter Varney or someone would get involved

But as mentioned nothing to stop Roland from rejecting whatever we offer
  • Options
    Imagine this will disappear from the site soon. Didn't the last nonsense rant get deleted quite soon after being posted?

I've read it three times and still can't believe this has been posted on our official site!
    Can the page be 'saved' for posterity? For the virtual version of @Henry Irving 's museum?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Great and Powerful Oz has spoken.

jees, what a car crash this is turning into.
  • Options
    No probs geeze
  • Options
    Wibble.
  • Options
    Really feels like the end game for Roland. Just hoping beyond hope it is not the end game for Charlton Athletic.
    Unfortunatly I think we are im serious danger.

The EFL obviously will say they cant buy us so whats his next step to get rid.

Sell the land to some property developer and dissolve the club??
    He can't do that and if he did he would be lynched (but he can't).
  • Options
    Not a subject to laugh about, but it does seem that senile dementia has become a problem for Duchatelet and he is possibly not even aware he has a problem.
     Hopefully, a s a p, his affairs will be taken over by the Belgian equivalent of a court appointed 'guardian' who will sell of the 'loss making' CAFC to a legitimate 'proper' party as a matter of urgency. Slim hope of that, but we can dream can't we
  • Options
    No probs geeze
    I had your back mate 😉.
  • Options
    Official website now under going maintenance 
    Even if they delete it, its too late, all over social media now :smiley:
  • Options
    Oh God where do we go now. He has completely lost the plot but like others I fear for our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's supposed to be a meeting with lawyers today. Perhaps they're clearing the decks for an announcement that all parties have withdrawn lol
  • Options
    LOL this, then realised you’re being serious. 
  • Options
    Proof that you should never hit send until you’ve sobered up.
    Trouble is mate we've probably all been there 😊.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Proof that you should never hit send until you’ve sobered up.
    Trouble is mate we've probably all been there 😊.
    Yeah Im banned from supporting Barcelona and AC Milan for posting dodgy statements on their websites after a few wild nights out
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Just when you thought the stupid, incompetent rat couldn't come up with any more gems.

Also "undergoing maintenance" has everyone at the club just walked out? Or was this someone with a new job on their last day leaving a present.

Either that or they've only just realised they'd forgotten to delete RD's access to the website after that last piece of garbage he wrote.

Whoever did the painting in Belgium I salute you, you've finally pushed the muppet over the edge.
  • Options
    I've only just seen all this, I'm at work and little access to internet. Is this statement for real? The website is now down, has someone hacked into it and put that statement on there which the club are now trying to clean up, or has the senile old fool finally lost it and gone on there and ranted without anyone knowing? The statement doesn't read correctly in some areas in my opinion. If this is true and it was him, what on earth is the EFL, Jim White, Simon Jordan, LDT going to say now?
  • Options
    I've only just seen all this, I'm at work and little access to internet. Is this statement for real? The website is now down, has someone hacked into it and put that statement on there which the club are now trying to clean up, or has the senile old fool finally lost it and gone on there and ranted without anyone knowing? The statement doesn't read correctly in some areas in my opinion. If this is true and it was him, what on earth is the EFL, Jim White, Simon Jordan, LDT going to say now?
    It's legit.