Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Emiliano Sala plane crash

Comments

• Options
    Truly shocking. This is so so so sad. Just imagine having your dream move to the Premier league, say goodbye to your friends then for the plane to crash in the cold English Channel just god awful. Hope the football World mourn the tragedy.

The voice notes he left behind are just harrowing.

RIP SALA AND DAVID
  • Options

Search has been called off... RIP Emiliano

Probably gonna get flagged alot for this may even break 100 but its winding me up.

Search for Sala and Pilot ends after 3/4 days

11 years later and over 10 million pound later they are still searching for Madeleine McCann
  • Options

Probably gonna get flagged alot for this may even break 100 but its winding me up.

11 years later and over 10 million pound later they are still searching for Madeleine McCann
    Know what you mean but Guernsey dont have the resources to keep searching else am sure they would
  • Options

I think Sala just wanted to get to Cardiff asap and get a head start in training from what I've heard.

I'm guessing he never done his homework on the region?
    Explain yourself please ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

One was a tragic, un-survivable accident, where the well-resourced, thorough search-and-rescue mission had already been re-prioritised to a search-and-recovery mission. Unless we hear that the plane had safely landed and those on-board had simply failed to make contact, we know that this is a tragic, fatal accident; and that view can't be challenged until and unless the plane somehow, somewhere appears.

The other was crime that is, as yet, unsolved.

If you had to choose one of these incidents to continue working on, @paulie8290 which would you choose? The one where you know there was a crime committed and there is still a tiny hope that the victim may be discovered and rescued? Or the one where you know there will be no rescue and you have no evidence of a crime?
    But the money WE, The public, have spent on the search for Maddy McCann is obscene. I wouldn’t get me started on this one because it’s one off my major bug bears. Feel for her parents BUT they left their young children unattended. Maybe they should have stayed in for the evening.

That's true. But who is in a position to decide that a crime shouldn't be investigated because some witnesses were careless? In fact, wouldn't that be a starting point for an investigation, rather than a reason not to investigate?

WE, the public, have spent more than £100 billion on policing, since Madeleine McCann went missing. The police should decide how their resources are spent. Not politicians and certainly not the ill-informed public, like me. Because if I have to help decide whether the 0.01% of police funding spent solving that case is appropriate, I am going to have to help decide on the other 99.99% too.

Maybe you're right and terrible crimes against children shouldn't be investigated if we think that the parents might have been less caring or careful than they should have been. I couldn't disagree with that more strongly.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

One was a tragic, un-survivable accident, where the well-resourced, thorough search-and-rescue mission had already been re-prioritised to a search-and-recovery mission. Unless we hear that the plane had safely landed and those on-board had simply failed to make contact, we know that this is a tragic, fatal accident; and that view can't be challenged until and unless the plane somehow, somewhere appears.

If you had to choose one of these incidents to continue working on, @paulie8290 which would you choose? The one where you know there was a crime committed and there is still a tiny hope that the victim may be discovered and rescued? Or the one where you know there will be no rescue and you have no evidence of a crime?
    But the money WE, The public, have spent on the search for Maddy McCann is obscene. I wouldn’t get me started on this one because it’s one off my major bug bears. Feel for her parents BUT they left their young children unattended. Maybe they should have stayed in for the evening.

That's true. But who is in a position to decide that a crime shouldn't be investigated because some witnesses were careless? In fact, wouldn't that be a starting point for an investigation, rather than a reason not to investigate?

WE, the public, have spent more than £100 billion on policing, since Madeleine McCann went missing. The police should decide how their resources are spent. Not politicians and certainly not the ill-informed public, like me. Because if I have to help decide whether the 0.01% of police funding spent solving that case is appropriate, I am going to have to help decide on the other 99.99% too.

Maybe you're right and terrible crimes against children shouldn't be investigated if we think that the parents might have been less caring or careful than they should have been. I couldn't disagree with that more strongly.
    And I agree with you. I am not saying that. Of course it should have been investigated, quite rightly so, but there is a point where you have to say enough is enough and far too much has been thrown at this investigation in the way of resources, in my opinion. I’m leaving it there.

• Options

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

And I agree with you. I am not saying that. Of course it should have been investigated, quite rightly so, but there is a point where you have to say enough is enough and far too much has been thrown at this investigation in the way of resources, in my opinion. I’m leaving it there.

There's an argument that says far too little has been spent in terms of time and resource. Because whoever is to blame for this hasn't been brought to justice. That's what I think the police have got wrong, not how much they spent.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

There's an argument that says far too little has been spent in terms of time and resource. Because whoever is to blame for this hasn't been brought to justice. That's what I think the police have got wrong, not how much they spent.
    I’m sure that if they could bring someone to justice they would but they obviously can’t.

• Options
    So tragic, RIP both Sala and the pilot
  • Options

Piper Alpha P-46 .... lots of conflicting views on its safety record.

Of course planes that are widely flown for leisure purposes will likely have poor safety records compared to e.g. Airbus flown by Lufthansa. Its not apples and apples here though and that is because the airlines have to have in place safety protocols far in excess of both individuals and small charter companies. It isn't as simple as saying its a shit plane, for some PA is the best of the best in terms of performance in the class.

The A330 was widely thought "uncrashable" prior to Air France 2009 incident. The tie-in to my point on leisure aircraft is that Air France shows the latent risk of human error even when modern aviation tries to elimante this. At the time of the AF crash, the pilot was lifting the stick at the same time the co-pilot was trying to gain speed to pull out of the stall. All instruments were redundant as had frozen.

The risk of human error in lighter aircraft is magnified significantly.

Re P46 specifically, now there have been several instances of them coming apart in the air. Not structurally sound. Doubt it was the engine. The loss history usually involves the fuselage and/or wings breaking apart under high pressures (albeit within an expected range of likely manoeuvers).

Bless to the search and hopefully a landing was made somewhere but I reckon it came apart structually like it has done in the past.

[pedant alert!!] Wasnt it a A320?
  • Options
    Cannot begin to imagine the suffering. RIP to the two men. 🙁
  • Options
    Halix said:

Piper Alpha P-46 .... lots of conflicting views on its safety record.

Of course planes that are widely flown for leisure purposes will likely have poor safety records compared to e.g. Airbus flown by Lufthansa. Its not apples and apples here though and that is because the airlines have to have in place safety protocols far in excess of both individuals and small charter companies. It isn't as simple as saying its a shit plane, for some PA is the best of the best in terms of performance in the class.

The A330 was widely thought "uncrashable" prior to Air France 2009 incident. The tie-in to my point on leisure aircraft is that Air France shows the latent risk of human error even when modern aviation tries to elimante this. At the time of the AF crash, the pilot was lifting the stick at the same time the co-pilot was trying to gain speed to pull out of the stall. All instruments were redundant as had frozen.

The risk of human error in lighter aircraft is magnified significantly.

Re P46 specifically, now there have been several instances of them coming apart in the air. Not structurally sound. Doubt it was the engine. The loss history usually involves the fuselage and/or wings breaking apart under high pressures (albeit within an expected range of likely manoeuvers).

Bless to the search and hopefully a landing was made somewhere but I reckon it came apart structually like it has done in the past.

[pedant alert!!] Wasnt it a A320?
    Nope. A320 can't fly that far (from Rio to Paris).
  • Options
    A short BBC documentary on the ferry pilots - the plane the pilot is showing the controls is the one that's disappeared.

Quite spooky really hearing what he has to say about the number of ferry pilots who have died recently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/magazine-34492176/my-life-as-a-ferry-pilot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The McCanns aren't witnesses who were careless, they are criminals and guilty of gross neglect of their poor daughter.

That, until any more evidence comes to light, is the ONLY crime we know to have been committed.

If those awful parents had been from a council estate then they'd have been strung up and left out to dry by now.

Or millwall supporters
  • Options
    Or Shannon Matthews parents. At least she was found...
  • Options

The McCanns aren't witnesses who were careless, they are criminals and guilty of gross neglect of their poor daughter.

That, until any more evidence comes to light, is the ONLY crime we know to have been committed.

If those awful parents had been from a council estate then they'd have been strung up and left out to dry by now.

Why can’t I ‘like’ this more than once?
  • Options

Why can’t I ‘like’ this more than once?

Because it has got naff all to do with the topic of the thread, (but our resident Spanner troll can't find a political agenda for a thread about a plane crash.)
    Plenty of Charlton fans on this thread chatting bollox about something not even remotely linked to the original subject.

RIP Sala & David
    Yeah, but it's a Charlton forum. The clue's in the name. He's a Spanner. He ought to behave.