Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 12 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Which boozers have early kick off anyone any idea?
  • edited January 2019
    The Shrewsbury Hotel, The Hole in the Wall, The Anchor, The Crown, The Salopian

• No Reeves today as still at sparrows lane
  • He wasn't expected to be fit was he?
  • He wasn't expected to be fit was he?

No, I don't think so.

• I thought he was expected to be back in squad maybe got it wrong
  • Probably deemed to be slightly too early. We now have Williams and Lapslie is also back so not worth risking him this week.

Let him have a full weeks worth of training next week, like Cullen and I would imagine both will be back in the squad for Accrington Stanley.
  • Not worth risking someone as fragile as Reeves when we don't have to include him
  • Reeves is still at the glass blowers having a new protective casing built.
  • Sponsored links:

• Justafan said:

No Reeves today as still at sparrows lane

Twisted his ankle driving to Sparrows Lane :smile:
  • edited January 2019

Good to see they've got Goalkeeping issues yet surely means the replacement will have a MOTM blinder

They havent tho, Coleman lost his place ages ago hence being recalled.

Steve Arnold has played 14 of the last 17 the only 3 he has missed have been EFL Trophy games
  • It is not always the case of Morgan deserving to be dropped or not, but giving him a taste and identifying things he needs to work on and bringing him back an even better player. In all honesty, if the squad was able to withstand it, the logical next step for Morgan would be a reasonably short loan spell at a carefully chosen club.

Second this. He looks very promising and very skillful, but he is still very raw. He had a lot of positional issues against Walsall, which is to be expected. A consistent run of games would be great for him. I wouldn't expect it to happen for another week or two, until we get more players hopefully back and fit. But it's what would be best for his development.

Same is probably true of Lapslie as well, but he seems to be involved enough with the first team that I can't really see it happening.

I expect Stevenson will also go out on loan, possibly to the Conference once Page and/or Pearce is back fit. It'd be great if he could go to a EFL team as I think he's just about ready for League Two, but I can't see the timing working out for that.

Also expect Maloney and maybe RHF to go on loan.
  • Stig said:

Nice of Shropshire CC to lay on dedicated parking!

You in the Charles Darwin mate ??
  • New signing Ben Purrington will make his Charlton Athletic debut against Shrewsbury Town.

The left back signed for the club on Thursday and is joined in the starting line-up by Jonny Williams, who makes his first start for the Addicks after arriving from Crystal Palace last week.

Chris Maxwell, who joined on loan from Preston North End on Tuesday, will be on the bench for today’s game.

Purrington and Williams are the only two changes from the side that drew with Sunderland last weekend. They come in for Anfernee Dijksteel and Tariqe Fosu who both drop to the bench.

The team are expected to play Bowyer’s preferred diamond formation. Dillon Phillips keeps his place in goal after good showings against Walsall and Sunderland. With the arrival of Purrington to play left-back, captain Chris Solly moves to his favoured right-back position with Patrick Bauer and Naby Sarr at centre half.

Krystian Bielik is expected to hold in midfield with Darren Pratley and Albie Morgan ahead of him. Jonny Williams will likely play behind the front two of Lyle Taylor and Karlan Grant.

There is a return to the bench for George Lapslie, who has been out with concussion since Boxing Day.

Live commentary of the game begins on Valley Pass from 2.45pm. Valley Pass costs just £6.50 a month or £30 for the rest of the season and you can sign-up here.

Charlton: Phillips; Solly (C), Bauer, Sarr, Purrington; Bielik, Pratley, Morgan, Williams; Grant, Taylor

Substitutes: Maxwell, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Marshall, Clarke, Fosu, Hackett-Fairchild
  • Stig said:

You in the Charles Darwin mate ??
    I'm in the Percy Thrower Gargen Centre at the moment,
  • Charlton: Phillips; Solly (C), Bauer, Sarr, Purrington; Bielik, Pratley, Morgan, Williams; Grant, Taylor

Substitutes: Maxwell, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Marshall, Clarke, Fosu, Hackett-Fairchild

Where's the match thread, AFKA?

I dunno, just can't get the staff these days :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Can you get me some pansies if they're on offer?
  • Stig said:

Close and getting closer...
  • SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Solly will surely be RB.
    The bloke from Rotherham at LB.

Maybe, but he's joined ~48 hours before the match so he might have only one proper training session with the team.
    He's a professional footballer: stick him in the team and tell him to get on with it.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!