Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 12 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Charlton to win, comfortable for a change!
  • Morgan does not deserve to be dropped and it is likely that Williams will come on for Fosu. No idea of the score - it's Charlton!
  • I am amazed by the optimism.

I see this as quite a tough game, as some have pointed out.

We need a win, could easily lose

1-1
  • Saturday’s game could see debuts being handed to new signings Chris Maxwell and Ben Purrington, while Jonny Williams’ bright cameo from the bench last weekend could prompt a full debut for the midfielder.

Charlton have no new injuries to report and Lee Bowyer will have the option of George Lapslie back while Ben Reeves also made a return to training this week. Joe Aribo remains sidelined and Josh Cullen is not quite ready for match selection. Skipper, Jason Pearce remains out of contention with his ankle injury.

Shrewsbury suffered a blow when it was confirmed Striker Lenell John Lewis has been ruled out for the rest of the season with an ACL injury. Ricketts will also be without Joel Coleman who made 20 appearances for the Shrews In goal this season as the ‘keeper returns to his parent club, Huddersfield town.

The match could mark the return of Dave Edwards who resigned for his boyhood club and is looking for a place in the starting lineup against the Addicks.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c3893fcef3eb/match-preview-shrewsbury-town-v-charlton
  • Good to see they've got Goalkeeping issues yet surely means the replacement will have a MOTM blinder
  • Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought you had to play a certain quota of regulars in the EFL Trophy?

On Tuesday Shrewsbury fielded a completely different XI to the one that played the Saturday before.
  • Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought you had to play a certain quota of regulars in the EFL Trophy?

On Tuesday Shrewsbury fielded a completely different XI to the one that played the Saturday before.

I think it just has to be first team squad players, rather than usual starting 11.

I think it just has to be first team squad players, rather than usual starting 11.
    I thought a certain amount had to have featured in the previous or next league game. So may mean that some of the XI that played in the trophy will play against us to avoid a fine.

I thought a certain amount had to have featured in the previous or next league game. So may mean that some of the XI that played in the trophy will play against us to avoid a fine.
    Or have made a certain number of first team caps this season.
  • According to form, Shrews haven't lost at home for 10 games?
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

According to form, Shrews haven't lost at home for 10 games?

They are due a defeat, then. :smile:

• Shrewsbury have more points at home (23) than we do away (17). This is not going to be a walk in the park.
  • We do need to start doing better away.
  • arrived in Shrewsbury an hour ago … it's 'warm' for mid January .. forecast for tomorrow is 9 degrees c, cloudy with a moderate breeze so should be ideal for football .. mind you, the Barnsley forecast was for a 'moderate breeze' and that game was pretty much dominated by a strongish wind blowing straight down the pitch ..

looking forward to this one, amends to be made, revenge to be taken .. come on youse Addicks !!
  • arrived in Shrewsbury an hour ago … it's 'warm' for mid January .. forecast for tomorrow is 9 degrees c, cloudy with a moderate breeze so should be ideal for football .. mind you, the Barnsley forecast was for a 'moderate breeze' and that game was pretty much dominated by a strongish wind blowing straight down the pitch ..

looking forward to this one, amends to be made, revenge to be taken .. come on youse Addicks !!

Thanks for the weather updates.
    Much appreciated

Much appreciated
    Just wear shorts
  • clb74 said:

arrived in Shrewsbury an hour ago … it's 'warm' for mid January .. forecast for tomorrow is 9 degrees c, cloudy with a moderate breeze so should be ideal for football .. mind you, the Barnsley forecast was for a 'moderate breeze' and that game was pretty much dominated by a strongish wind blowing straight down the pitch ..

Much appreciated
    Just wear shorts
    The size of your shorts I could use them as a tent.
  • We do need to start doing better away.

Been several games away from home this season where we just haven't turned up (Coventry, Blackpool, Rochdale, Burton which we somehow won). Strange considering the quality of our performances at the Valley.
  • There is a feel good feeling around the Valley now, not least due to the second half last week. But the Slop are no pushovers and will be tough to beat. We have lost too many matches already this season for autos and here comes another, 1-0 to Shrewsbury.
  • edited January 2019
    Our last 5 away games have all been 2-1.

Lost 3. Won 2.

So I’ll go for 2-1 win to even up the record
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be spending the day in an English pub in Milwaukee proudly wearing my Charlton shirt while some know nothing twat in an Arsenal kit sits next to me screaming about how much he hates Tottenham.

Anyway, 2-1 to the boys, Lyle and Reeves to score
  • addick05 said:

It's about time then :)
  • I would normally predict a shaming 5-0 defeat.

I'm going for a 0-5 win.
  • 3 loanees in & all on the bench......what's the bloody point ??

If Prately starts we lose.
  • I think they will all start
  • Oggy Red said:

addick05 said:

• Oggy Red said:

addick05 said:

Alans looking well.
  • Today's the day I get a return on us scoring 4+ goals @28/1
    1-4
  • Redhenry said:

I think they will all start

Lord Bowyer unveiling his radical 6-10-4 formation with 2 'keepers ...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!