Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Fit, match fit, and match sharp are all different things though and there are certainly no guarantees Igor will be firing on all cylinders from the get go. Igor or no Igor, we need a fourth striker imo.
  • Options

cafc_se7 said:

I would go for the lad who was up top for Shrewsbury, very similar to Lyle although not as good! Think he is a Norwich player?

Carlton Morris - dirty bastard (I think), particularly in the play off games last season
    But I think we would have all said the same about Lyle! Always caused use problems for Wimbledon!
  • Options

I hope we go for Keinan Davis at Villa, fairly similar in style to Lyle Taylor. (quick and can hold the ball up)

He’s been out injured so Villa may be open to loaning him out + we’ve already had dealings with them this year getting Steer.

Wiki says 3 goals in 37 apps and 6 ft 3. Now that’s our kind of striker.
  • Options
    tajaddick said:

Josh magennis. Bolton looking to offload.

Are they??
    There top scorer
    Owner trying to sell club losing top scorer would take value down
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I hope we go for Keinan Davis at Villa, fairly similar in style to Lyle Taylor. (quick and can hold the ball up)

He’s been out injured so Villa may be open to loaning him out + we’ve already had dealings with them this year getting Steer.

Wiki says 3 goals in 37 apps and 6 ft 3. Now that’s our kind of striker.
    :) Most of those appearances will be from the bench to be fair to him.
  • Options

tajaddick said:

Are they??
    There top scorer
    Their
  • Options
    Gotta love a bit of pedant action
  • Options

I don’t think Ajose is far behind if at all. Mansfield won’t be paying much of his wages so I would still think Nicky is one of our biggest earners.

Very depressing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Relaxed about the grant thing - the only way we can bring in s striker of the quality we need to improve the front line is if he is guaranteed to start and we certainly don’t want to lose Taylor - whatever happens I reckon we will end up with 1 more striker than we currently have by the end of this window and Taylor will still be here
  • Options
    Bowyer on Karlan Grant.
    The South London Press has been told that the Lions are not chasing the forward, who is also rumoured to be on Glasgow Rangers’ watchlist.

“There will be some interest – he is a young lad scoring goals and their ain’t many around,” Charlton boss Bowyer told the South London Press.

“That is for us to deal with and for him to deal with.

“I think it could maybe turn his head a little bit but he has just got to focus on his football – this time last season he was playing at Crawley Town [on loan]. He needs to look at the bigger picture; he has improved a lot and is back playing his football with Charlton, who he loves.

“For me he has just got to concentrate on that. Whatever happens, will happen. He is not in full control of what will happen. He needs to keep enjoying his football and learning.

“He is not in full control because a club has got to make an offer, and an acceptable offer. It has got to suit everybody. If we lost him it wouldn’t suit us – it would hurt us.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-striker-karlan-grant-urged-to-keep-focus-amid-growing-transfer-links/
  • Options

tajaddick said:

Are they??
    There top scorer
    What a great attempt
    At the five seven five thing
    This could have some legs
  • Options
    Cardiff are preparing a £2m offer for Sunderland's Josh Maja, but the Black Cats want £4m for their 20-year-old striker. (Sun)
  • Options
    I've had to suffer the cringeworthyness of a deluded millwall mate asking all about him...
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

I've had to suffer the cringeworthyness of a deluded millwall mate asking all about him...
    Why, do you know Callum?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

tajaddick said:

Would have him back on loan for sure. Knows the club, would play a bit part, adding experience for the run in, and would hold up well with Karlan in Lyle’s absence.
    Would he? Didn't ever hold the ball up previously with us.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    cafc_se7 said:

cafc_se7 said:

I would go for the lad who was up top for Shrewsbury, very similar to Lyle although not as good! Think he is a Norwich player?

Carlton Morris - dirty bastard (I think), particularly in the play off games last season
    But I think we would have all said the same about Lyle! Always caused use problems for Wimbledon!
    Also, Morris doesn’t really score that many goals. I think it was 7 league goals last season in 45 games.
  • Options
    I'd take Carlton Morris for sure. Think he's just started training again after a long injury lay off.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Stefan Payne at Shrewsbury was close to signing in the summer until Roly said no

He was keen

His representative is a Charlton fan

He can do a job for the remainder of the season and gives us a third option. London lad too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019

Edit: nvm I'm a doughnut, someone told me it was Maupay they bought

Thought if they did Brentford may go for Grant
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I think your right though and that teams are looking at Maupay
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Stefan Payne at Shrewsbury was close to signing in the summer until Roly said no

He was keen

He can do a job for the remainder of the season and gives us a third option. London lad too

Do you know why RD said no?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

He was keen

He's at Bristol now. According to TransfrMarkt he has 2 goals in 20 appearances.
  • Options
    Apparently Hull want Michael Smith from Rotherham, he's been about a bit.
  • Options

Apparently Hull want Michael Smith from Rotherham, he's been about a bit.

27 years old and Rotherham are his 13 team
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

He was keen

He wanted to sort to goalie out first. “One at a time”

By the tune we were in a position to proceed he’d moved to Brizzle.
    He wanted to be here

Grrr
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

He was keen

He wanted to sort to goalie out first. “One at a time”

By the tune we were in a position to proceed he’d moved to Brizzle.
    He wanted to be here

Grrr
    Well, if he's only scored twice in 20 matches, Brizzle might be thinking they need someone more prolific - and looking to bring in another striker.
  • Options
    We need someone in for Saturday now,

I know Bowyer said he wanted to wait and see who was availble towards to end of January but with no Taylor we are screwed against Posh.

Yes we have the players for 4-2-3-1 but if that doesnt work and we need to change it we are screwed.

The amount of Football Clarke has had I dont think we can throw him in upfront and expect anything