Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the best people carrier?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Bought one of the last model Disco 4 last September. Brilliant as a 7 seater with plenty of room for 6 footers in the two pop up seats, though luggage space does become a bit limited.
    The Disco is also a lovely car.
  • Options
    We ended up getting the Volvo XC90 in the end.  Got the Inscription Pro with just about every gadget added apart from the HUD which meant we would need to forego the heated windscreen.

In terms of space, it does brilliantly.  We've got me, the wife, 13yo daughter who's about 5'8" tall now who needs head and leg room, a 6 month old so we need the baby seat and we've got 3 grandparents for days out so we regularly use the back row of seats.  Even with them seats up, there is sufficient room for the buggy, bassinet, changing bag and the coats, handbags and other stuff.  There's sweet FA chance of getting in suitcases for a weekend away with all three rows of seats being used.

We looked at both the Disco 4 and Disco 5 but there just wasn't enough room for stuff like that with the pop up seats.  In the Disco 5, we couldnt even get the buggy in full stop.  That was a surprise.

We'd like to see a Disco 6 come out which addresses the boot space issue with a proper row of seats and we might consider switching but the Volvo is a stunning car and drive.

If you've got more than 2 babies, bear in mind not many cars take an isofix seat in the middle seat of the middle row.  Our nextdoor neighbours have got 3 kids, 3yrs, 18 months and 3 months and they had their hearts set on the Volvo but then realised it couldnt take the 3rd baby seat so they've had to go for a Citroen C4 Space something or other.

• Options
    VW Caravelle - tons of space and a real workhorse.
    Concur with this.
    Masses of space, and so useful. Mine had a 1.9 Diesel engine so, got about 25 to the gallon from it.
    I miss mine, bought it for 10k in 2010 and sold it for 9k in 2017 - not bad eh!
    Still driving an Old Caravelle - has a 2.5 tdi engine and does up to 40 mpg on a long journey. Has a massive interior space, three rows of seats and parts are pretty cheap as its based on a VW Transporter.

As a practical vehicle its the best thing I've ever owned.