Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Plymouth | Sat 22 Sep | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Plymouth is a bit like plywood. And not surprsingly as it grows naturally over there. 4 layers of ply held together by 3 layers of mouth. Therefore, (she's a witch) no no therefore Charlton 7 Plymouth wood.

Did you ever write scripts for Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin perchance ?
  • ross1 said:
    Interestingly, Ajose was the first player in that video. He may well be on the bench on Saturday...
  • Drab, windswept one nil but three points are three points and we're in the top five.

Ward free kick wins it.
  • This game absolutely screams home defeat......0-1
  • Oggy Red said:

ross1 said:
    Defence was a bit statuesque.

so was the bloody goalkeeper......and he was real !
  • edited September 2018

SDAddick said:

After his cameo last week, I would start Igor with Karlan dropping into the 10 role. If we do what we did with Ward it means that it will sometimes be more of a 4-3-3 with the 10 pushing up to the forward line. It creates a lot of inter-change and with those three you have both a lot of pace and ability. Plus, having Igor play on the shoulder of the last man can create more space for Taylor and Karlan.

I just thought Ward looked off the pace, which is to be expected. But I believe in Igor we have a fit replacement raring to go. And while it does require moving Karlan back a bit that means he will see more of the ball and have more space to run at their defense.

Think that'd be mad, Grant is in the form of his life at the moment, keep the partnership going until it needs to be changed.
    So on Saturday we finished with a front three of Igor, Grant, and Taylor and I thought we looked more fluid going forward than we did with Ward.

With the way Grant played there for the last ~20min, and the way Ajose played in the 10 role before that, it really wouldn't be breaking up Taylor and Grant, it's just shifting them slightly. There were a lot of times on Saturday when Taylor and Ward pulled wide to either receive the ball or provide the fullbacks with cover in wide areas (which we'd been missing in recent weeks).

Also, Grant likes to either drop off or pull out wide to pick the ball up and run at teams, and this allowed him to do that. I would also expect Taylor to interchange with the 10, as he often does dropping off with his back to goal to hold play up, that can create pockets of space for him and Grant to interchange in.

What I'm trying to say is that what I'm talking about is nowhere near as drastic a change as it might sound, it's really more of a tweak. And Taylor and Grant are rarely level with each other over the course of a match anyway even when they start up front.

And FA I agree re: Ward, I thought he looked rusty and off the pace, nothing more. But I don't know that I would put him in the first XI again given that I think Igor looked very good in his cameo.
  • Ffs all you negative Noras
    We will win tomorrow
    End of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Massive test for our recent good run of form. First goal will be crucial but with no players back and no Bauer it could be difficult. Win this and we can really start to believe. Plymouth are long due a win and it could be one of those days, 1-0 Plymouth.
  • I had a read of the Plymouth forums to get some of their views and it's very doom and gloom, didn't spot one person expecting them to win. Noticed a few of them mention that Taylor is pure kryptonite for Plymouth as well so it all looks good for us.

I'm expecting a tight game though and think 2-1. Going to have a bit on a Lyle Taylor hatrick just based on their comments about him
  • edited September 2018

First (?) year after relegation from the Prem, I remember us playing a QPR team stuck to the bottom of the table. Expecting a comfortable home win, we were treated to 90m of dross and a 0-1 reverse.

Who can forget that epic 0-1 loss to Swindon who were stuck to the bottom of the table and beat the on-a-thirteen-game-winning-streak champions elect without even bothering to have a shot?

All I'm saying is, don't determine the total number of domesticated egg-laying birds before they've completed incubation.

Remember that Swindon game - crapola cross came in from their right (in front of our home stand) and Kiely palmed it into our net...
  • Comfortable home win. 2-0 - Taylor and Sarr
  • I had a read of the Plymouth forums to get some of their views and it's very doom and gloom, didn't spot one person expecting them to win. Noticed a few of them mention that Taylor is pure kryptonite for Plymouth as well so it all looks good for us.

I'm expecting a tight game though and think 2-1. Going to have a bit on a Lyle Taylor hatrick just based on their comments about him

Whatever happened to the 3 goals, 3 points, free pint. Best thing the Club has done in years.
  • Redrobo said:

I had a read of the Plymouth forums to get some of their views and it's very doom and gloom, didn't spot one person expecting them to win. Noticed a few of them mention that Taylor is pure kryptonite for Plymouth as well so it all looks good for us.

Whatever happened to the 3 goals, 3 points, free pint. Best thing the Club has done in years.
    I think that was a deal between Heineken and the Football League rather than it just being something that Charlton did
  • A club that seriously intends to get automatic promotion would get 3 points in this match. Anything less and I think we can put that hope to rest.
  • First (?) year after relegation from the Prem, I remember us playing a QPR team stuck to the bottom of the table. Expecting a comfortable home win, we were treated to 90m of dross and a 0-1 reverse.

Who can forget that epic 0-1 loss to Swindon who were stuck to the bottom of the table and beat the on-a-thirteen-game-winning-streak champions elect without even bothering to have a shot?

All I'm saying is, don't determine the total number of domesticated egg-laying birds before they've completed incubation.

Remember that Swindon game - crapola cross came in from their right (in front of our home stand) and Kiely palmed it into our net...
    Good job Kiely won’t be playing for us tomorrow in that case...
  • Wheels come off. Can't see past a 0-5 defeat.
  • Plymouth will surely come to defend and nick a point.
    So 2-1 to Charlton in a tight hard fought game.
  • Sponsored links:

• A club that seriously intends to get automatic promotion would get 3 points in this match. Anything less and I think we can put that hope to rest.

Whatever the result, it's just 1 match.

If we win, great .... 3 points. But if we don't, after just 9 matches, it doesn't mean our season is over.

• Home game against a team struggling at the bottom. Home strikeforce on fire, home midfield and defence looking sort of solid and a seasoned good goalkeeper between the sticks for the home team...

Away win.

Come on it is Charlton.
  • 4-1 win . Aherne Grant and Taylor continue their partnership.
  • Love being up early on a Matchday

Come on you reds !!!
  • Love being up early on a Matchday

Come on you reds !!!

Next sale
    Breakfast
    Pub
    Last week was a bit too early thought 4.45
  • Pie and mash lunch, pint along the way to the ground, 1-0 at 85mins 1-1 at 90mins 2-1 90+5,
    3 points, back home for Strictly. Curry, and another couple of beers, Prefect Saturday
  • edited September 2018

A club that seriously intends to get automatic promotion would get 3 points in this match. Anything less and I think we can put that hope to rest.

A club that seriously intends to get automatic promotion would get 3 points in this match. Anything less and I think we can put that hope to rest.

Yep, if we draw on September 22nd, the best we can hope for is the play offs.
    Blackburn were possibly around 8th or 9th last September.
  • Is this the right time to ask about the price of a 3 bed semi in Charlton?
  • edited September 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Whatever the result, it's just 1 match.

If we win, great .... 3 points. But if we don't, after just 9 matches, it doesn't mean our season is over.

You coming up for this one @Oggy Red ?
  • RedMist said:

Is this the right time to ask about the price of a 3 bed semi in Charlton?

£100,000 same as down in Plymouth.
    And after visiting cleackheaton last Saturday you can get 3 beds there for£100 k