Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Krystian Bielik - tracking progress at Derby (p9 out with ACL again)

Comments

• Bielik is the best footballer at the club, followed by Cullen and Taylor

Taylor is the only one we cannot afford to lose.
    That makes him number one imo.
    Difference in being the best player at the club or the most important to being the best footballer at the club

I wouldn’t expect anyone to get POTY over Taylor for example

But that don’t make him the best footballer

Difference in being the best player at the club or the most important to being the best footballer at the club

I agree.
    But without doubt he is the hardest to replace.

I agree.
    Totally agree and probably the most popular in the team as well as fan base he is a huge player for us

It really depends what you mean by best footballer.

I agree.
    Totally agree and probably the most popular in the team as well as fan base he is a huge player for us
    Glad we are in total agreement.
    Happy New year mate.

I agree.
    Glad we are in total agreement.
    Happy New year mate.
    You too mate
  • Scoham said:

Bielik is the best footballer at the club, followed by Cullen and Taylor

It really depends what you mean by best footballer.

Control and quality on the ball Vision and footballing brain

He may give it away but that’s more an experience issue

He is without doubt one of the most composed and technically gifted players we have had in ages

Him and Cullen are head and shoulders above the rest with the exception of possibly Williams as mentioned by jimmy s
  • edited January 2019
  • edited January 2019
    Don't agree I think Anil Cock had it all mind you Rod Fanny was close
  • Slightly surprised that we still have Bielik. I guess Arsenal feel that a whole season as a first choice player in L1 is better than sending him to the Championship, and risking him playing less

It probably helps that we play a passing game as well
  • Sponsored links:

• You don't often see that in the "Skills Test" in Masterchef ...
    That’s all very well but can he boil an egg!
  • That is outrageous!
  • Good player but i'm of the opinion that we've barely noticed he's gone.

And once Kayal is fit i think we'll see an even bigger improvement in our play.
  • Not missing Bielik is entirely down to the performances thus far of one Darren Pratley.  We sorely missed a Bielik type influence against Forest, cos Sam Field was way less effective than Bielik was or Pratley has been.  KB's a fine player, as we'll see when we play Derby.
  • Cullen > Bielik for me I watched Derby on the box the other week and he didn't really seem to stand out, Cullen is all action and hardworking with a bit of quality. I think we got the better player
  • Cullen is a very good player we are very lucky to have but I think Belik has the potential to be an exceptional player 
    I agree. He is younger than Cullen, and last season was pretty much his first as a regular first teamer, yet he improved game by game to become many people's MoM at Wembley. Imagine how much better he'd become this season had he stayed with us. I've got huge respect for Pratley, but over the season we'd be a better team if we had Bielik. Then again, £10m...
  • Cullen was MoM at Wembley for more people than Bielik as far as I know - only the telly box had to give it to an Arsenal player.

Bielik has more room for improvement but at the moment Cullen is our metronome - how he plays dictates how we play. I thought he was too deep and struggled a bit on Sat as did the whole team. When Cullen is on form, though, which he is most of the time, so are we.
  • weird how people see the game differently, I am in no doubt bielik is by far the better player out the two. think some people refuse to see that as cullen is our player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bielek over Cullen for me, but not sure he's worth 10m
  • Got a bit excited when I saw this thread
  • weird how people see the game differently, I am in no doubt bielik is by far the better player out the two. think some people refuse to see that as cullen is our player. 

I personally think Cullen offers more to the team, Bielik is a bit of a luxury players (not exactly) but JC puts a lot of energy on the field and gets all over the pitch. Bielik had quality aswell and definitely agree we would be better with him in our side with Cullen but I think we have done better if it was a choice of one of the other....
  • edited August 2019
    Bielik had a tremendous loan spell at Charlton despite the various Injuries, not helped by the kick in the gonads by an over zealous fan.
    Cullen was fantastic and the return of Josh after his efforts last season is magic.
    West ham loss is our gain at least till January.
    Score draw for me and I wish then both well in their future careers.  

• Bielik will have the better career and is probably a better player already but Cullen is the perfect player for us and the way we play. 

I am honestly shocked one of the bigger spending clubs didn't get Josh either on a perm or loan. 

• Cullen > Bielik for me I watched Derby on the box the other week and he didn't really seem to stand out, Cullen is all action and hardworking with a bit of quality. I think we got the better player
    I don't think he'll stand out as much at centre back. Do think he's wasted there really unless played as a 3 where he can bring the ball out. 
  • Think its unfair to really compare Cullen and Belik, both had different attributes and played a similar position but a completely different way.

Cullen is much better dribbling the ball and running into pockets of space and can take on a man and develop play, as well as getting the ball in tight spaces and making positive short passes out of it. Belik is much better at breaking up play, being more physical and playing more direct passes out from the back line.
  • It seems we had big competition for Bielik in the summer!
    Krystian Bielik says AC Milan wanted to sign him before he made his summer move to Derby County.
    According to Bielik, the Italian giants were keen to snap him up from Arsenal - but nothing came of it in the end.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/krystian-bielik-says-ac-milan-3287412