Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Krystian Bielik - tracking progress at Derby (p9 out with ACL again)

Comments

• Is he going to get into our starting XI? If so, ahead of who?

Could play in a defensive midfield 2 with Pratley in harder matches, e.g. against Peterborough next week
  • All the accounts of Bielek suggest he's an excellent young player, assuming he's over his injury problems he should be a very good signing for us

I'm assuming he's fit....
    Brave assumption
  • Just wanted to check... After having Polish Pete, are we calling this guy Polish Chris for ease?

Is there any alternative?
  • Someone to fill the enormous shoes of Polish Pete and the Pawel - best Polish player we have ever had and he hasn't even played yet?
  • 15 senior appearances, hardly an experienced head.
  • I wonder why Elliott Ward wasn't signed for this position. Looked capable and assured in pre-season friendlies, and is vastly more experienced than Bielik. Down to money, perhaps?
  • I wonder why Elliott Ward wasn't signed for this position. Looked capable and assured in pre-season friendlies, and is vastly more experienced than Bielik. Down to money, perhaps?

Or is he going to be signed if Bauer leaves? I understand that he is still training with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 senior appearances, hardly an experienced head.

Probably seen as a lot better than someone like Ward on a free.

I’d prefer experience but then Song and Coquelin didn’t have much either. If he’s tall, quick, strong and good on the ball like they say he should be very good at this level.
  • Yeah he's probably just much better than Ward, and can play midfield
  • How come he never made a single appearance for Walsall last season (going off wiki)?
  • How come he never made a single appearance for Walsall last season (going off wiki)?

Bad injury
  • "Can he play Steve, can he play ?" ??? Doesn't Bowyer watch the players before they sign ?

"Can he play Steve, can he play ?" ??? Doesn't Bowyer watch the players before they sign ? :smile:

Probably because he's given that responsibility to Steve Gallen?

I was always taught that a good leader knows when to delegate responsibility. Let LB concentrate on what's going on at the training ground, and SG do the scouting.

It's his job, after all...
    Obviously he delegates, that's why he has a team under him. Nobody is expecting LB to be responsible for everything but you would think he would still like to see the player in person to make a final decision.
  • From the two videos his football instincts seem pretty sound.
    Tall enough, right footed in the main, but will use his left occasionally, seems to prefer the forward through ball more than the deep cross or the lump forward, seems to anticipate well which makes him look unhurried, will be involved at set pieces, we see him initiate a lot of moves due to occupying a 'quieter' area of the pitch, can tackle when needed, prone to the odd error too, but after each of his 'plays' I noticed his eagerness to get immediately on with the 'next thing', looks like somebody who can concentrate well. My first impression is that if he were my team mate, I would have confidence in him.
    I can see him playing on the right side of a back three, right side central defender, I don't know if he could be a covering deep midfielder, at least not from those clips.
    If used on the right it might mean some pressure on Djiksteel and Solly, but I suppose it will be about formations, and plans a,b and c.
    It might be a signing to clear the way for Bauer to leave, either now or in January, but he would need to stay fit for the season. I would like Bauer to stay obviously.
    So far so promising, but the pudding hasn't been tasted yet.
  • Where is the YouTube video of him looking like the next Messi.
  • Nicholas said:

Where is the YouTube video of him looking like the next Messi.

As good as Messi is he would be a godawful defender...
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome to the Addicks Krystian. It’ll be a tale to tell your grandkids.
  • I hope he's more at the Song end Arsenal quality than the Mavididi one
  • Looks a good signing if he plays alongside Pearce or Pratley but worried if he plays instead of them
  • edited August 2018
    Welcome to the valley Krystian Bielik.
    I hope you can emulate your fellow countrymen, Pawel Abbott and Polish Pete.
  • welcome KB, let's hope your association with Charlton is fruitful for all concerned.
    You'll get plenty of game time cos with your arrival we'll have one fit competent CH (you), one enormous, wildly erratic CH (NS), the big friendly German will now be despatched to the next bidder bearing used notes, JP is crocked for at least 3 weeks, we've got one right back with a knackered knee, one shakey left back made of balsa wood and a bunch of kids younger than you.
    Please, by all the saints and everything you find precious, please, try to avoid injury, until January at least.
    cześć i witaj
  • This is a big signing. We should be able to have a full bench soon.
  • Weren’t zyro polish. Not had the best luck with Polaks before. Welcome anyway.
  • Weren’t zyro polish. Not had the best luck with Polaks before. Welcome anyway.

Not a nice word to use.

Regardless Welcome to the club

I wonder if Jackson asked his old mate Michael Morrison about him as I assume they were at Birmingham together.
  • cafc-west said:

Thought it warranted its own thread (already on Rumours thread). Signed on loan from Arsenal.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b745dedc58ac/done-deal-charlton-sign-krystian-bielik-on-loan-from-arsenal
    6 ft 2" tall. Season long loan.

looks like Bows shirt could use an Iron.