Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Morgan will be vital if we go back down to League 1
  • Morgan is out of contract and will not sign given the way he has been treated.  More likely to line up against us in L1 than for us.
  • Parasitic frauds! Wow!
  • Morgan is out of contract and will not sign given the way he has been treated.  More likely to line up against us in L1 than for us.
    He may wish to go try his luck elsewhere but I am not sure he has been mistreated.  

Fans have always been good to him. 

Bowyer has given him a go.  Bowyer has given him some advice.  

He has not pushed on, I don't know why but plenty of lads never even get the chance to show what they can do.
  • I dont think he has been treated particularly harshly. On several of the occasions I have seen Morgan play he has been far from impressive. Yes he could do better with more games but I get why Bow doesn't put him in the team
  • edited March 2020
    I'd love to have been in training when Ledley, McGeady and Smith proved themselves more worthy of a place in the 18.  Seem to remember Vennings getting the nod over him in one match (edit two). And not sure Oz has more in his locker.
  • I don’t get all this being treated badly stuff! How has he been treated badly?

he has been available for loan for two transfer windows now but yet only managed a bottom four team in the 5th tier. I think that says it all.

ive heard he is a bad trainer with an attitude problem, hence my earlier comments on why I don’t think he will make it 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2020
    Heard from who?  Sure there was a CAFC article about him putting in extra close season workouts. FFS Ledley got a game before his name was on changing room pegs!
  • Heard from who?  Sure there was a CAFC article about him putting in extra close season workouts. FFS Ledley got a game before his name was on changing room pegs!
    A person who is connected to the game on a professional capacity. He has told me a few things, also non charlton related that were true. I do t post things I hear as people don’t like it, they shoot you down so I don’t bother.
  • He's not really got all the tools, yet, for Championship football but parasitic frauds like Green, Hemed and McGeady aren't fit to clean his boots.  We'd be better off with AM back in the fold than ever picking any of those 3 scumsucking arseholes again. 
    Good morning Stig.
    I trust you had a good night's sleep. 
  • I don’t get all this being treated badly stuff! How has he been treated badly?

he has been available for loan for two transfer windows now but yet only managed a bottom four team in the 5th tier. I think that says it all.

ive heard he is a bad trainer with an attitude problem, hence my earlier comments on why I don’t think he will make it 

Also heard same issue with Morgan. Has a belief that his ability is a lot better than what it currently is. In the Summer was told he should go out on loan to a lower league club and initially refused believing he should be starting in the Championship (off the back of a few games last season). This is why he ended up in the National League eventually as he finally succumb to the fact he needed minutes and wasn't going to get in the 1st team (obviously until injuries crucified us).

• Funny these stories come out now and not when he was playing regularly and outshining some of our more senior players.
  • He's not really got all the tools, yet, for Championship football but parasitic frauds like Green, Hemed and McGeady aren't fit to clean his boots.  We'd be better off with AM back in the fold than ever picking any of those 3 scumsucking arseholes again. 

What is the matter with you?

Also heard same issue with Morgan. Has a belief that his ability is a lot better than what it currently is. In the Summer was told he should go out on loan to a lower league club and initially refused believing he should be starting in the Championship (off the back of a few games last season). This is why he ended up in the National League eventually as he finally succumb to the fact he needed minutes and wasn't going to get in the 1st team (obviously until injuries crucified us).

Hes still a very naturally gifted player and our best chance of unlocking a defence with a through ball at the moment

So what he dont track back, give him a different roll, we need goals not 3 CDMs in a game trying to battle out a 0-0
  • We bring in 3 midfielders on deadline day, none of which played today. If you’re going to have non playing midfielders on the bench, you might as well use your own players.

Smith has barely featured at all since he arrived, indeed is he only on the bench because contractually he has to be there?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Funny these stories come out now and not when he was playing regularly and outshining some of our more senior players.
    Which was when?

he had a few good games last season but also a few bad ones, nothing that isn’t expected of a young pro in his first season. 

I remember him against Rochdale where he played a great ball for Taylor to score. He was quiet at home in the play offs.

This year, he hasn’t kicked in or had any stand out moments. 

he has been available for loan for two windows with no tackers, that’s the worrying bit for me
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2020
    Yep, I criticised the harshness of Bowyer, yet it seems to have worked. 

We saw after lockdown Morgan came back fitter and harder working, but Saturday and tonight especially he has really shown why he is in squad contention ahead of the other unders, including Levitt...
  • Surely if he keeps working hard, he makes himself a starter; he has more passing quality than anyone else ( forgive me, I haven’t seen Gilbey play) .  
  • wmcf123 said:
    Surely if he keeps working hard, he makes himself a starter; he has more passing quality than anyone else ( forgive me, I haven’t seen Gilbey play) .  
    Shinnie's a very good passer.

• Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Surely if he keeps working hard, he makes himself a starter; he has more passing quality than anyone else ( forgive me, I haven’t seen Gilbey play) .  
    Shinnie's a very good passer.

Then you've also got Gilbey who can definitely pass, take his assist for Alfie Doughty @ Crewe
  • My (layman's) opinion is that you can teach someone to work harder, but you can't teach someone that bit of class that you are either born with or not.

Which isn't to say that the player with the natural talent will always make it, but without it a player will hit a ceiling.
    This is Morgan vs Lapslie, in my view.  Morgan should be a much better player; I hope Bowyer’s tough love means that he will fulfil his potential .  Lapslie will maximise his ability, no doubt