Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• edited February 2020
    He did single him out about those two goals. 

He could have answered the question without throwing Morgan under the bus for those two goals. 

I've watched them back this evening and I can't see how he's not more annoyed with others, maybe he is.

Morgan in that Bristol game, took a beautiful touch and pinged the ball forward for Bonne to score.

The goal I assume Bowyer is blaming him for, he came across and got a toe to it. Their other man beats Purrington to the loose ball.

https://youtu.be/1OFkdgGtThM

The QPR one is a strange one, three players arrive at the ball at once and none of them deal with it. Not sure why Morgan takes the full blame? It's at worst 50/50 with Matthews

https://youtu.be/fkN3tauZrm8

I really don't think Bowyer likes him, despite him highlighting his technical ability. I wonder if he's trying to shift him on loan and then at permanently come the end of the season.

Maybe because it was in consecutive games and Bowyer has always criticised Morgan's defensive side, he's now always looking to find it.
  • I believe Morgan played as an attacking midfielder and winger when he was younger. Played on the left side or at the top of the diamond for us last year. Seemingly only started playing in a deeper midfield role in the summer. I think there's a lot of positional adjustments he needs to make. His attacking skillset works best with a deeper-lying position, but he needs to work on his strength and positioning. He has shown glimpses that he gets into passing lanes alright, but needs to track his man better. 

Anything he'd learn at a Non-League side he could have learned at League One or League Two level. As someone brought up, he's already played for two teams this year so I suspect that's why he can't go to an EFL club. But he showed last year he's decent at L1 level. 
  • edited February 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

He could have answered the question without throwing Morgan under the bus for those two goals. 

I've watched them back this evening and I can't see how he's not more annoyed with others, maybe he is.

Morgan in that Bristol game, took a beautiful touch and pinged the ball forward for Bonne to score.

The goal I assume Bowyer is blaming him for, he came across and got a toe to it. Their other man beats Purrington to the loose ball.

The QPR one is a strange one, three players arrive at the ball at once and none of them deal with it. Not sure why Morgan takes the full blame? It's at worst 50/50 with Matthews

I really don't think Bowyer likes him, despite him highlighting his technical ability. I wonder if he's trying to shift him on loan and then at permanently come the end of the season.

Maybe because it was in consecutive games and Bowyer has always criticised Morgan's defensive side, he's now always looking to find it.
    I think Bowyer likes him but his weaknesses annoy him. I think it was similar with Fosu. Bowyer knew he had talent but didn't like his lack of professionalism. I think Bowyer's position with Morgan is clearly not an arm around his shoulder, but I suspect more- this is what you have to do to be decent and it is up to you to address it. 
  • I don’t think bowyer rates him, just like he didn’t rate fosu who is now at a better club. I think Albie has put a few pounds on this season thought and needs to work on his fitness 
  • Surprised that we didn't look to get him a league 2 loan in the window. He's 20 and already has championship and league one experience with us, so i don't see how sending him to non league does him any good.
  • Non league will do the lad no harm. Playing with men as opposed to a group of people his age. 

Sending him to a league 1 or 2 side in the transfer window would’ve been criminal considering we didn’t have enough CMs at the start of deadline day. 
  • To be fair to Bowyer he did then go on to praise his technical ability, vision and range of passing so all in all I think he was just being honest recognises his talent and just wants him to improve.
    Sarr gave away one against QPR too 
  • edited February 2020
    Dazzler21 said:

Or maybe he was giving an honest answer to a fair question and we should stop trying to finds cracks in the togetherness of the team. Phillips will never play for us again because we signed Maxwell on loan, Taylor's off cos he waved, Bowyer's not going to sign a new contract because he said he needs players, in one of his press conferences, Bowyer doesn't like Albie because he pointed out he can be better in some areas of his game... blah blah blah, zzzzzzzzzzz.

Don't forget Bowyer started Albie in both play-off semi final legs last season when he had Pratley, Williams, and JFC on the bench. Massive games that he would have been nowhere near if Bowyer just "didn't like him".

Albie will be a better player if he improves his defensive side. Bowyer had to do the same at Albie's age, Parker had to do it too, and, as good as we all believe Albie can be, he's nowhere near as good as either Bowyer or Parker were at that age. Maybe Bowyer knows Albie better than than a bunch of people on internet forum who have probably never even met the lad and is happy that Albie can take the constructive criticism and that he will listen and learn as a result. Some personalities require a public kick up the arse to spur them on, maybe Albie is just one of those.
    Have you listened to the full press conference? I hope Albie does accept that criticism. Would just be nice for Bow to praise him without the criticism for once.

And as per my post, there's no way Albie is entirely to blame for those goals.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Or maybe he was giving an honest answer to a fair question and we should stop trying to finds cracks in the togetherness of the team. Phillips will never play for us again because we signed Maxwell on loan, Taylor's off cos he waved, Bowyer's not going to sign a new contract because he said he needs players, in one of his press conferences, Bowyer doesn't like Albie because he pointed out he can be better in some areas of his game... blah blah blah, zzzzzzzzzzz.

Don't forget Bowyer started Albie in both play-off semi final legs last season when he had Pratley, Williams, and JFC on the bench. Massive games that he would have been nowhere near if Bowyer just "didn't like him".

Albie will be a better player if he improves his defensive side. Bowyer had to do the same at Albie's age, Parker had to do it too, and, as good as we all believe Albie can be, he's nowhere near as good as either Bowyer or Parker were at that age. Maybe Bowyer knows Albie better than than a bunch of people on internet forum who have probably never even met the lad and is happy that Albie can take the constructive criticism and that he will listen and learn as a result. Some personalities require a public kick up the arse to spur them on, maybe Albie is just one of those.
    Have you listened to the full press conference? I hope Albie does accept that criticism. Would just be nice for Bow to praise him without the criticism for once.

Bowyer did praise him. As well as saying he needs to learn the defensive side he said (not the exact quote) he’s outstanding in possession and one of the best technical players we have here, his range of passing, vision, technically he’s unreal.
  • Sponsored links:

• For me the criticism was far stronger than the praise given. Was quite surprised to hear him dig out a youngster over errors like that. Hopefully it has the desired effect and Albie doesn't go the other way.
  • With Morgan out of contract at the end of the season, I suspect it is tough love.
  • Non league will do the lad no harm. Playing with men as opposed to a group of people his age. 

Sending him to a league 1 or 2 side in the transfer window would’ve been criminal considering we didn’t have enough CMs at the start of deadline day. 
    We did by the end of deadline day though.

Sometimes you have to think of the longer term picture as well, Karlan massively benefited from his loan spell at Crawley, although at the time it was seem as controversial and we could have done with him back at times
  • edited February 2020
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Bowyer did praise him. As well as saying he needs to learn the defensive side he said (not the exact quote) he’s outstanding in possession and one of the best technical players we have here, his range of passing, vision, technically he’s unreal.
    And then said he needs to work on his defensive side, which is fine.

Then he blamed him for two goals in which one was a mistake by Albie but Purrington also shouldn't have been beaten to Albie's toe poked pass, but he wasn't alert enough and in the other 3 other players could also have blocked the shot.

All I'm saying is Albie didn't cost us those two goals. Even if he did others are equally culpable and I think Bowyer has gone in a bit harsh on a young lad when other more experienced players are costing us week in, week out.
  • I was kinda shocked by his criticism and felt it was unlike Lee, who is usually more balanced in his appraisals and criticism. Hell, even Solly has not been thrown under the bus like that.
  • edited February 2020
    I love Albies passing, he’s a good player, but he’s a young lad still learning the game , sign him on a long term contract and loan him to the right club, and we will see long term benefits, Albie would be nuts to not listen to Lee, considering what he’s done in the game, all the best Albie, he’s one of our own.
  • We don't know  Albie personally so have no idea what his attitude is like but if, like some youngsters, he is a bit of a Bertie Big Bollocks and thinks he's already arrived so doesn't work hard enough in training then Bowyer might be trying to keep his feet on the ground.

He (Albie) has the potential to be a special player and Lee Bowyer knows that and wants to maximise that potential.
  • Could have done with his accurate long balls today.
  • and his defensive tenacity
  • Sponsored links:

We did by the end of deadline day though.

Sometimes you have to think of the longer term picture as well, Karlan massively benefited from his loan spell at Crawley, although at the time it was seem as controversial and we could have done with him back at times
    We did by the end of deadline day but only with a few minutes to spare. Not enough time to find him another club in league 1 or 2. 
  • Does anyone think this is a bit unprofessional?
  • Does anyone think this is a bit unprofessional?
    Is that real?!
  • Charlton career over 
  • If so, fuck him off.
  • Don't blame him, he's been shafted with the shit that's come in. 
  • What's he been asked to do then? 
  • A bit unprofessional perhaps, but I don't blame him. I'm sure Karlan is a friend, having both some up through the academy

The way Bowyer's treated him, I couldn't blame him for being a bit salty anyway.