Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• NabySarr said:
    Time to deploy our best midfield trio together: Dobson McGrandles Fraser.
    I would go Payne Dobson Fraser, especially with 2 home games. Payne is probably a lot nearer full fitness than McGrandles and could be the missing link in having our striker not completely isolated. At the moment none of our midfield 3 get close enough to Stockley and I don’t see McGrandles changing that 
    That's Fraser's job surely? Fraser is the most advanced of the midfielders, indeed has scored 3 goals so far. Adding Payne instead of Morgan would make us too open.
    It is both of them that are playing more advanced. Looking at our average positions they are both pretty level with how high they are up the pitch each game. We are playing 4-3-3 but I’m saying switch to more of a 4-2-3-1 with Payne as a number 10 to get closer to Stockley. It is open but we are open anyway as Morgan isn’t exactly brilliant defensively plus Dobson is very good at covering so I don’t think it would be much worse than what we are already seeing. I think for games at home like we have next week it would be fine but tougher games McGrandles could come in 
  • If you think Morgan is playing advanced, I'd like to ask you who is covering left back every single game so far. It isn'd Dobson, who I think it should be, it's Morgan. Whenever we're in attacking positions he is pushing up to support, whenever we're defensive, he's where the others should be covering. 
  • I see Morgan as box to box in this team with Dobson the defensive midfielder and Fraser the attacking one expected to be our main goal threat out of the three.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Isn't it funny that whenever the team aren't playing as a unit all blame goes to Morgan... The whole team were at 6's and 7's brought about by how bad Kirk and Clayden were down the left. 
    IMO there were four players that didn’t play well on Saturday. Kirk and Clayden were two of them. Albie and Jayden were the others.

There are so few options to rotate the other three that it’s always going to be likely that midfielders are the first to be rotated after a couple of frustrating results.

Bolton gave Thomason his first start of the season at the weekend. It was obvious what type of player he is, combative and energetic alongside their traditional holding player: MJ Williams. And together they made Albie look completely anonymous.

Perhaps what Bolton did to us at the weekend holds the key to getting a few results of our own over the coming weeks.
  • Our new ball playing centre back. Our Libero. Albero.
  • Scoham said:
    Our new ball playing centre back. Our Libero. Albero.
    Thought it was a great little idea from Garner tbh, it worked, just didn't have it going for long enough in a losing situation. Morgan is most valuable in that flexible substitute role 
  • edited November 2022
    se9addick said:
    The gloves were unacceptable 
    Curbs wouldn’t have allowed it or snoods or Keith Weller tights. Just saying like 😉
  • se9addick said:

• se9addick said:
    Chuks was also wearing gloves
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Chuks was also wearing gloves
    Also unacceptable 
  • Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Our new ball playing centre back. Our Libero. Albero.
    Thought it was a great little idea from Garner tbh, it worked, just didn't have it going for long enough in a losing situation. Morgan is most valuable in that flexible substitute role 
    I recognise that what you have typed is a sentence in the English language but after reading it several times I still have no idea what it means.
  • LenGlover said:
    Am I alone on CL in liking Albie as a player?
    He gets excessively scapegoated. 
  • Gloves are fine with long sleeves.

Gloves and short sleeves is a straight red.
  • LenGlover said:
    Not at all. But he's best in a position that doesn't exist. A playmaker who lies so deep he's a defender, but he's also not a defender 
  • Leuth said:
    LenGlover said:
    Not at all. But he's best in a position that doesn't exist. A playmaker who lies so deep he's a defender, but he's also not a defender 
    He is like 90% of our players.  His best position is so niche you can't actually field a team with more than 3 or 4 in their best position.  Our players are all so one dimensional none of them can do a job, to league 1 level, doing anything else.

I would include all our players, even our "better" ones, in that.
  • LenGlover said:
    Albie's about as popular as the Donald on CL🤣
    That in itself means he's a very good player, underappreciated, and unfairly targeted, for trying too hard to compensate single handedly, for the teams deficiencies.
  • Sponsored links:

• there is absolutely no excuse for wearing gloves playing football - ever
  • ha - fair point ;)
  • LenGlover said:
    He's a gem of a player, hard working, fit, great right foot.
    He's an easy player to like.
    He has his limitations though.
  • there is absolutely no excuse for wearing gloves playing football - ever
    Beanie hats?  :#
  • LenGlover said:
    Which is why he is still with us at the level we are at.
  • edited November 2022
    LenGlover said:
    Albie always tries very hard but rarely wins a tackle and often doesn't make the obvious pass and runs into trouble.

He does hit the occasional long pass which is good but it doesn't always lead to a goal. Never seems to win headers.
  • I think we all know what Albie’s strengths and weaknesses are at this point. Some say he is still young he can improve given some of the things he does well.  Others say he is not even good enough for league one. Truth of the matter is somewhere in the middle.  He will have a long career in league one.  He is a decent enough midfielder if you are a mid table league one side but not someone you want starting if you have aspirations for promotion and that is probably what he will always be.
  • 2121 said:
    LenGlover said:
    No mate. I defo rate him. Cant see why we cant work it out with him. He's the type of player to get fed up, leave and get picked up by a champs team who will end up getting promoted into the prem and he will star and we’ll all be shaking out heads. 
    You forgot the smiley