Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    I got pelters when I've suggested in previous seasons he was one of if not the best passers and shooter at the club. His problem was his game intelligence - guessing he must have gone to summer school!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Rob7Lee said:
    I got pelters when I've suggested in previous seasons he was one of if not the best passers and shooter at the club. His problem was his game intelligence - guessing he must have gone to summer school!
    Come on.  

Passer and crosser possibly yes.  Shooter?
    We would be in the conference by now if he was.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Come on.  

Don't take my word for it, ask the other players and 1st team coaches.
  • Options
    Shooting in training and games are completely different from my experience. 
  • Options
    Morgan's shooting this season has been significantly better than before, he's now keeping the ball down rather than leaning back and skying it.
  • Options
    Outstanding tonight, easily his best game for us.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Come on.  

Don't take my word for it, ask the other players and 1st team coaches.
    He’s still shown next to no proof of that when it matters. Think most of us knew how good Albie was on the ball, like you say it was all about his game intelligence. Early days but he might just have the manager to transform him. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Rob7Lee said:

Rob, I think we both thought that his passing was a strength of his but on so many occasions the runs weren't made for him and so he either backtracked or the passing was a bit Hollywood.
    My criticism of Albie was always his shooting and I said on many occasions he should spent the odd afternoon practicing as he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo but I feel he has improved all aspects of his game, fitness, stamina, and for the first time Fraser, Morgan, Dobson and pleased to say Kirk Jelled all over the field. Garner has worked wonders and long may it continue with the Morgan 22/23 version.
  • Options
    I've been one of his worst critics, so when i saw he'd retained the 10 this season i was "here we go again". I'm hoping he proves me wrong this season, i really am.
  • Options
    He is certainly playing with confidence and we should hope goals follow with that as we will then have the player many of us thought was in there somewhere but had given up on ever getting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another season, when will we ever learn? 
  • Options
    Yawn. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Yawn. 
    He has played well this season until the last 2 games when IMO he has been poor
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Yawn. 
    He has played well this season until the last 2 games when IMO he has been poor
    More than the last 2 games imo. 

Everytime he comes in, he plays well until his first-team place is secure and then reverts back to poor. 
  • Options
    Scroll back to August, all those eulogies looking a bit hollow now.
    I expect Albie's loss of form is just part of the general malaise.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    If you are not going to score goals from your front players you need to get a decent amount from your midfield. Fraser seems to tick that box, Dobson and Morgan don't. Dobson gives you a lot in other areas so it should be a no brainer that Morgan is not the answer. Maybe we need to try somebody else. Maybe Payne, maybe Henry. He seems to know where the goal is. Morgan never will. He will get 4 a season if it is a good season!
  • Options
    IMO - he’s a bit of a flat track bully. When we are on top looks really good. When we are getting bullled or are under the pump from a better side he goes missing - doesn’t do enough for me . 
  • Options
    It’s when Morgan starts thinking he’s a good player that he gets worse.
  • Options
    Time to deploy our best midfield trio together: Dobson McGrandles Fraser.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IMO - he’s a bit of a flat track bully. When we are on top looks really good. When we are getting bullled or are under the pump from a better side he goes missing - doesn’t do enough for me . 
    There's an enormous will on some on here to be "proven right" on Albie and ultimately for him to fail.  A couple of bad games shouldn't see him out of the side (obviously 5 or 6 should); we have far bigger problems- a dreadful owner, a lack of centre halves and left backs and no experienced striker that suits the system. 
  • Options
    Morgan was very bad on Saturday. Running around like a headless chicken most of the time. Reverting to how he has been prior to this season. Very poor. He’s frustrating because there is a player in there somewhere but all too often he lets the team down. Maybe he’s just not that intelligent. Whatever it is it happens time and time again. 

He plays too important a position to go awol so I think he should be dropped. Dobson and Fraser are playing well but Saturday we often had a huge hole in the midfield which was largely down to Morgan chasing shadows. Would McGrandles be a like for like replacement?
  • Options
    A big issue for Albie and the rest of the midfield is the lack of pace ahead of them. When 2 out of our 3 forwards are little more than statues it's hard to pick out a pass and the opposition can press aggressively without worrying too much about us getting in behind. No wonder Garner's been so vocal about the hand out owner's dealt him.
  • Options
    I would go Payne Dobson Fraser, especially with 2 home games. Payne is probably a lot nearer full fitness than McGrandles and could be the missing link in having our striker not completely isolated. At the moment none of our midfield 3 get close enough to Stockley and I don’t see McGrandles changing that 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    One of the questions that always came up about Morgan before was "why can't he be given a sustained run in the first team". Well this is the reason why, he can't be consistent enough over a number of games. He's always shown flashes of ability but for whatever reason you can't rely on him long enough.
  • Options
    Isn't it funny that whenever the team aren't playing as a unit all blame goes to Morgan... The whole team were at 6's and 7's brought about by how bad Kirk and Clayden were down the left. 
  • Options
    The thing about Morgan is he plays a good pass then a shit one, he takes a good corner, then a shit one and he can't score for toffee. That sums it all up pretty concisely.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    There's an enormous will on some on here to be "proven right" on Albie and ultimately for him to fail.  A couple of bad games shouldn't see him out of the side (obviously 5 or 6 should); we have far bigger problems- a dreadful owner, a lack of centre halves and left backs and no experienced striker that suits the system. 
    100% - and they are being discussed on other threads. The difference in this case is we do have other options in midfield. 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    I would go Payne Dobson Fraser, especially with 2 home games. Payne is probably a lot nearer full fitness than McGrandles and could be the missing link in having our striker not completely isolated. At the moment none of our midfield 3 get close enough to Stockley and I don’t see McGrandles changing that 
    That's Fraser's job surely? Fraser is the most advanced of the midfielders, indeed has scored 3 goals so far. Adding Payne instead of Morgan would make us too open.
  • Options
    Albie has been the main difference for the team when its playing well compared to last season. Think we have to stick with him for now.