Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    My guess is that against the better teams it will be Dobson, McGrandles and then either Payne or Fraser depending on who is in form.  It wouldnt surprise me if both Fraser and Payne start against certain sides where we expect a lot of possession 
  • Options
    and where does Payne fit in when fit
    I’d see him potentially taking Fraser’s place. Great that we have the option to start both or bring one off the bench.
  • Options
    To be honest I'm a critic of AM but I thought he had a good game Saturday, hope he keeps it up. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I’d see him potentially taking Fraser’s place. Great that we have the option to start both or bring one off the bench.
    Unless we have someone really good coming in I could say him getting a lot of game time on the wing.  Especially with 5 subs.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Unless we have someone really good coming in I could say him getting a lot of game time on the wing.  Especially with 5 subs.
    Definitely an option but hopefully not often if JRS comes in and becomes the goalscoring winger we need.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Definitely an option but hopefully not often if JRS comes in and becomes the goalscoring winger we need.
    I think we will use 4 per match more often than not, so plenty of game time to go round.  The same with the two 8s.

Picking the right horses for the right courses could be worth a lot of points.
  • Options
    thought he looked very good when he came on.

to be honest, I'd rather JFC played instead of Morgan (and I do actually like Morgan and have been prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for a few seasons now), I just don't think he's the answer in the system we are clearly going to play
  • Options
    Another decent showing from Albie tonight, off the bench this time. Looks like he's got some confidence again - wanted to take charge of set pieces, took a couple of really good corners, and tucked his penalty away very nicely. I think the road to recovery started last season but we're also now playing in a way that suits him. Great to see because you can see the lad is desperate to do well in a Charlton shirt. really hope he can keep this up and find that consistency.
    He makes things happen when he's on the pitch. Tonight's cameo he really drove us forward

Indeed dare I whisper it, rather than us letting him go or loaning him out, if he keeps playing like this there will be interest from higher clubs, as the talent is clearly there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another decent showing from Albie tonight, off the bench this time. Looks like he's got some confidence again - wanted to take charge of set pieces, took a couple of really good corners, and tucked his penalty away very nicely. I think the road to recovery started last season but we're also now playing in a way that suits him. Great to see because you can see the lad is desperate to do well in a Charlton shirt. really hope he can keep this up and find that consistency.
    He makes things happen when he's on the pitch. Tonight's cameo he really drove us forward

Indeed dare I whisper it, rather than us letting him go or loaning him out, if he keeps playing like this there will be interest from higher clubs, as the talent is clearly there.
    I wouldn't get too carried away yet, but at the very least, I think he's part of the first choice midfield on merit right now. Neither JFC or Gilbey did enough tonight to dislodge him, and I think he's been better in the opening two league matches than Fraser.
  • Options
    As I said before the season began ~ this is Albie's season. The only downside is the Championship or even Premiership vultures will be circling as early as January to tempt him away.  Keep going Albie! Not since Scott Parker have we witnessed an engine like this. 
  • Options
    I've  been a fan of AM for a few years now. Increased by seing him interviewed live at Bromley Addicks. Never doubted his ability on the ball, but  his off the ball contribution needed to improve.

We now see that off the ball/defensive contribution. He now merits first team selection imo.
    In the past his form has lacked consistency, but my gut feeling is he's  ready to perform now.

His talent for carrying the ball forward and passing at speed influences game's, hopefully  we'll  see much more of it.

My gut feeling - midfield three
    For what it's worth!

Dobson - Morgan - Payne 

• Options
    Albie Pirlo
  • Options
    I don't think I have seen a CM play that well for us,  in league 1, for a long time.   Including the class of 19.
  • Options
    Delighted to read the positive comments tonight re Albie. I've always defended him. He has class.
  • Options
    He's enjoying being part of the passing team. He has had the misfortune of playing with some awful midfield passers. 

Playing with head up and a smile.
  • Options
    As someone who's always thought Morgan was persevering with, I'm delighted that he's really made a breakthrough this season. It shows how much difference a coach and style of play can make, and the confidence a player can get when he isn't constantly being slagged off by his manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely sensational 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    He's playing really really well. Long may it continue. Super Albie Morgan!

When's he out of contract? Get him a new one now.
  • Options
    Albie Pirlo
    Pirlo never ran that much in his life. He’s like a fit Andy Reid right now. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Albie Pirlo
    Pirlo never ran that much in his life. He’s like a fit Andy Reid right now. 
    He's nothing like a fat Andy Reid!.

oh sorry!
  • Options
    Happy to eat a massive slice of humble pie. Albie Morgan put in one of the best midfield performances I've seen from a Charlton player in years tonight. He was absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    What a difference a manager makes... Humble pie from me, I was happy to let him go this summer. He's making himself undroppable at the moment. Well done Albie. Always feels better when it is one of our own.
  • Options
    Playing like prime Cullen at the moment.
  • Options
    Happy to eat a massive slice of humble pie. Albie Morgan put in one of the best midfield performances I've seen from a Charlton player in years tonight. He was absolutely brilliant.
    Why eat humble pie?   He was magnificent tonight.   He has been very good in all the games this season.   Doesnt mean you need to retrospectively critic his first 100 odd games. If he keeps this up for the next 100 games everyone will be happy won't they? 
  • Options
    Playing like prime Cullen at the moment.
    Cullen wasn't as good as that when he first signed for us.

It's a really good comparison though because Cullen was the same age then as Albie is now.  Albie has played nearly twice as many games but Cullen was very good for Bradford then quite frankly aweful for Bolton and was at a real cross roads when we signed him.  The same as Morgan is now,  or was 4 games ago.

Hopefully he will follow Cullen’s career projectory,  with us. 
  • Options
    He’s been soooo pony in the past but currently he’s the first name on my team sheet , he’s making it happen and going for and making those attacking passes as well as a load of energy   Love it 
    long may it continue