Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan - signed for Blackpool on a 3 year (+1 year option) deal (p54)

Comments

• Options

Halix said:

Great performance from him... Thought he looks like a mini clive mendonca

Are you mad?, hes a midfielder for a start, a completely different body shape, hes actually three cms taller, plays thirty yards further from the goal, and you can understand what he says.

Thought he played bloody well today mind, as did young Lapsie who reminds me of Richard Rufus.
    No i have a certificate to say i am sane... Do you...
    Best part of this is knowing you went to go and get a certificate to prove it. Like any sane person would do, of course.
    Was handed out tome... So how do you know.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Halix said:

Halix said:

Are you mad?, hes a midfielder for a start, a completely different body shape, hes actually three cms taller, plays thirty yards further from the goal, and you can understand what he says.

Thought he played bloody well today mind, as did young Lapsie who reminds me of Richard Rufus.
    Well I am fully prepared to accept your sanity If as you say you have the certificate and t-shirt, I would therefore recommend consulting an optician as an alternative.
    You must have Googled the players stats (lol how creepy) and come up with just over an inch in height difference... I know 3cm sounds bigger. And you question my sanity.
    I am a fanatical perfectionist and couldn't accept your shoddy sizest comment.
    Indeed insanity then.
  • Options
    I'm with doc64 on this one. Nice boys from a lovely family. Dave, I heard young frankie was released. Shame because he had a heart the size of a lion. Not sure where he's playing now. Hope you're all well. I see the wee man is doing well.
  • Options

I thought he looked like a young Terry Venables - oops that ages me.
  • Options

I thought he looked like a young Terry Venables - oops that ages me.
    Yes, good comparison. Hope the height police don't see this.
  • Options
    Andy Reid comparison valid yet?

Not as fat obviously
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Another tiny thing (I don't subscribe to Valley Pass so now rely on snippets) was George and Albie interviewed post match. It was similar to the set up for the George and Taylor Maloney after George had scored his first goal at Crawley. On both occasions George takes pains to be inclusive, previously it was comments about him and Taylor Maloney, and in the half minute snippet I saw from yesterday he does the same again trying to bring a rather distracted looking Albie into it.
    Not a lot, but watching George play and observing that kind of thing makes me think that one of Georges strengths is understanding what a team game football is.

Can't comment on the previous interview but I saw the young George as being very modest with his comments and not wanting the limelight, Either way he comes a cross very well and even better that he's one of our own.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Another tiny thing (I don't subscribe to Valley Pass so now rely on snippets) was George and Albie interviewed post match. It was similar to the set up for the George and Taylor Maloney after George had scored his first goal at Crawley. On both occasions George takes pains to be inclusive, previously it was comments about him and Taylor Maloney, and in the half minute snippet I saw from yesterday he does the same again trying to bring a rather distracted looking Albie into it.
    Not a lot, but watching George play and observing that kind of thing makes me think that one of Georges strengths is understanding what a team game football is.

I think that's one of the reasons George was captain of the U18s.

And if he doesn't become a regular for the 1st team, I think he'd soon become captain of the U23s...
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

I'm with doc64 on this one. Nice boys from a lovely family. Dave, I heard young frankie was released. Shame because he had a heart the size of a lion. Not sure where he's playing now. Hope you're all well. I see the wee man is doing well.

Hi Mark, that's a real shame regards Frankie, who no doubt will be totally proud of his big brother. As you say, fantastic family.
    All good here, hope all well with you and the family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Halix said:

Halix said:

Well I am fully prepared to accept your sanity If as you say you have the certificate and t-shirt, I would therefore recommend consulting an optician as an alternative.
    You must have Googled the players stats (lol how creepy) and come up with just over an inch in height difference... I know 3cm sounds bigger. And you question my sanity.
    Is it?
  • Options

Halix said:

Halix said:

Is it?
    Yes... It is... Whom in their right mind would do such s thing...i was hardly comparing Richie Bowman with Simon Makienok.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Halix said:

Halix said:

Is it?
    Yes... It is... Whom in their right mind would do such s thing...i was hardly comparing Richie Bowman with Simon Makienok. </blockquote

You made a very, very stupid comparison, and also specifically called him "mini". After trains the one thing we are obsessed about on here is how tall a player is. To ridicule your preposterous point I did indeed look up their comparative heights (guilty as charged). However as previously mentioned I am a bit of a pedant, and I dont think that research should be considered creepy, just nasty, mean and vindictive.

If after this well reasoned and well thought out argument you still consider me creepy, may I kindly suggest you just go and boil your head.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Halix said:

Halix said:

Is it?
    Yes... It is... Whom in their right mind would do such s thing...i was hardly comparing Richie Bowman with Simon Makienok.
    No, you came diving in with a billy big bollocks remark and a ridiculous comment about Richard Rufus...Other punters have made similar comparisons, did you look their stats up too...Note you never commented on them.
  • Options
    Hearing conflicting things from last night.

Some saying he was struggling to reach the level needed and others saying he created our best chance of the game?

I’m always interested to hear more opinions about our youth products... especially as the academy seems to have been the only major bright spot in our recent history.
  • Options
    Fair point about young players having ups and downs. Good to know that the feeling is still generally positive though!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Hearing conflicting things from last night.

Some saying he was struggling to reach the level needed and others saying he created our best chance of the game?

I’m always interested to hear more opinions about our youth products... especially as the academy seems to have been the only major bright spot in our recent history.

Played 2 or 3 incisive passes including the one you mention. As I said elsewhere best vision in a Charlton creative player since Shelvey on what I've seen from him so far.

Also kept up with Grant when we broke out following a corner to offer him another option besides Taylor so a bit of pace about him too.

On the downside he missed some tackles, possibly / probably, because he was worrying about his booking, misplaced the odd pass (standard for a creative player I'm told) and his deadballs were not as good as in his first appearance.

The boy is still a teenager. A mixture of good and bad is par for the course for a youngster.

If he was the finished article he wouldn't be playing for a shitty little league 1 club being decimated by an insane Belgian.
    Yeah echo this really. Had some good moments and some not as good moments. But he still looks a very tidy player. Definitely played a couple very incisive passes, other times felt he either made the wrong decision or took up the wrong position. But all very much within the realms of normal for a player his age on his full league debut. He'll be an exciting one to watch, the only problem is we desperately lack creativity in midfield and I worry we're going to become over reliant on him.
  • Options
    First time i have seen him last night. He put a shift in that's for sure. I didn't think he played well nut hopefully will improve. I feel he needs a bit more strength.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the yellow card was probably playing on his mind, and not wanting to get sent off and let him team mates down.

He definitely blew cold last night, but he did have some nice touches. Plenty of matches left in the season for which he will play an important part in.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

At this stage encouragement will do more good than judgement.
    He is a very young player.

Exactly. An 18 year old is nowhere near the finished article.

He needs experience and maturity for that.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    At this stage encouragement will do more good than judgement. He is a very young player.
    Exactly. An 18 year old is nowhere near the finished article. He needs experience and maturity for that.
    He's probably only second to Gomez as the most mature player of that age we've had; granted, my viewing knowledge only goes back to 92. He will gain from experience and he freely acknowledges he isn't fit enough.  I hope he's around long enough so we can see he him when he is.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Got to trust Lees judgement, Albie is a really good player, but Bowyer knows it’s going to be a tough season, which club do you think he’ll get loaned out to Oxford, or Crawley?

Hope we can get him back in January, when the injuries kick in (I know they’ve already kicked in).

Lee must have some gem replacements lined up?
  • Options
    Shame to see him go out on loan, but I've got a good feeling about Albie so hope he comes back in Jan with a point to prove and having learnt the defensive side of the game
  • Options
    He desperately needs a loan. At this moment he hasn't got the overall game to give us what we need in the Championship, but he has the potential to be something special.