Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Playing Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

BR3red said:

As above, played awful.

Back home, this is what EasyJet thought of my driving:

At least that’s happened on the way home. A couple of years ago the head of my driver rolled out across the floor of my hotel room as I unpacked
    I’ve since bought a ‘mushroom ‘ club protector!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

BR3red said:

As above, played awful.

Back home, this is what EasyJet thought of my driving:

At least that’s happened on the way home. A couple of years ago the head of my driver rolled out across the floor of my hotel room as I unpacked
    Haha

Not sure..on hindsight

Wish it had been broken on the way out!
  • Options
    Played at Princes, Sandwich in society on Friday. 30 mph + winds.

Scored 2 points after 5 holes !
  • Options
    32 players

Winner 32 points !

Must be a record for a winner
  • Options
    Nailed a driver, went 178 yards. Against the wind.

Next hole, par 3. Pitching wedge,pin 190 yards, down wind, went 217 yards...

Impossible
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Nailed a driver, went 178 yards. Against the wind.

Next hole, par 3. Pitching wedge,pin 190 yards, down wind, went 217 yards...

Impossible

That's Prince's for you. The joys of links golf
  • Options
    Princes......lovely course (s).I've also played it in the wind & rain. was a complete nitemare.....but still love the cours(s) especially Shore.
  • Options
    Been playing for a year shot 101 around shortlands the weekend.
  • Options
    saw a charlton fan on saturday hitting some lovely drives at shortlands park - i am not a member but cousin is so play a few times as his guest
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Princes......lovely course (s).I've also played it in the wind & rain. was a complete nitemare.....but still love the cours(s) especially Shore.

Have you played the updated Dunes course? They have some really good value package deals so I'm going to try and book soon. May stop at North Foreland on the way home too.

Also got 3 nights at Gramacho next month. Not the most prestigious of Algarve resorts but affordable unlimited golf was the priority.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played The London Club today.

Haven’t shot my Handicap for what feels like months (16) - actually it is months

Got 19 points front nine.

10 par - 3 points
    11 par - 3 points

up to 25 points with 7 holes to play.....

Walked off with 31......Golf.......we are not very good thread !
  • Options
    Sadly got told last week I should never play again due to hand injury, it was a bit late coming as @DaveStorry advised me to turn it in years ago. ;) Was never any good but loved to have a laugh and never took myself to seriously. Complete set up now for sale if anyone's interested (pings & powakaddy) with a donation to #ridetoamsterdam.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Sadly got told last week I should never play again due to hand injury, it was a bit late coming as @DaveStorry advised me to turn it in years ago. ;) Was never any good but loved to have a laugh and never took myself to seriously. Complete set up now for sale if anyone's interested (pings & powakaddy) with a donation to #ridetoamsterdam.

Is your back-to-front cap on offer too ??
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Played The London Club today.

Haven’t shot my Handicap for what feels like months (16) - actually it is months

Got 19 points front nine.

10 par - 3 points
    11 par - 3 points

up to 25 points with 7 holes to play.....

Walked off with 31......Golf.......we are not very good thread !

hahahahaha.

What course and tees?
  • Options
    @T_C_E

I think we need to have a chat about your golfing attire... :-)
  • Options
    I once drove a buggy into a ditch and flip it over onto its side at Ruxley a few years ago.
  • Options

@T_C_E

I think we need to have a chat about your golfing attire... :-)

I think it's more important you develop your own identity but if you insist l'm happy to tell you where I bought my clobber! ;)
  • Options
    TCE, sorry to read we will never see those colours on a course again. You can drive my buggy any time though or push my trolley.
  • Options

My second ever round of golf was at Lullingstone. Found a bloke dead in a bunker at the 13th.

He probably died of boredom. Seven hour rounds are not uncommon at lullingstone. Not played it in over a decade. Last time I waked off after ten holes as we entered our fourth hour on the course.
    Was this due to hitting a ten on each hole?
  • Options
    Drove a 325 yard par 4 the other day - just on the fringe on the right side of the green.

Walked off with a 5.

Golf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Small violin
  • Options
    First round of this year is is Friday society day at Pedham Place should be an interesting round
  • Options
    Playing East Sussex National in March. Not played golf for a year, can’t come quick enough
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Playing East Sussex National in March. Not played golf for a year, can’t come quick enough

East, West course or both? East has hosted the European Open West used to be the members course. Both very good tests.
  • Options

Drove a 325 yard par 4 the other day - just on the fringe on the right side of the green.

Walked off with a 5.

Golf.

You need to practice your short game mate. It's all good being Billy bigbollox on the driving range & hitting ball after ball past the 300 yeards marker but you only use your driver 12/14 times a round.......you use your wedge more ofren than that.

I am.shit off the tee.....hardly go past 200 yards but often get up & down from 50 yards out
  • Options

Walked off with a 5.

Golf.

You need to practice your short game mate. It's all good being Billy bigbollox on the driving range & hitting ball after ball past the 300 yeards marker but you only use your driver 12/14 times a round.......you use your wedge more ofren than that.

I am.shit off the tee.....hardly go past 200 yards but often get up & down from 50 yards out
    Oh really? Thanks for your help sherlock! :-)

In all seriousness you are completely correct. I could play off 5 from the tee to 50 yards out!!! The last 50 yards leave me being the 20 I am. Absolutely shocking - thin/fat wedges galore.
  • Options

Walked off with a 5.

Golf.

Oh really? Thanks for your help sherlock! :-)

In all seriousness you are completely correct. I could play off 5 from the tee to 50 yards out!!! The last 50 yards leave me being the 20 I am. Absolutely shocking - thin/fat wedges galore.
    Chuck the wedges. 50 yards out, nothing but fairway in between you and the pin, just putt it or use a 7 iron :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Another tip I got from my lesson yesterday was to use a 3 or 5 wood if you’re just off the green. I often slice a short chip, so he said to Use it like a putter to get through the rougher grass.