Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

PWR everything...Beats me why there are fans still waking up to what Pratley offers to the team.
    I think we all woke up some time ago but he wasn’t playing well before Christmas last year .  In fairness, I think games when we have a lot of possession don’t really suit him now but he’s the first name on the team sheet against teams in the top 8, IMO
    I think he played at that start of last season when he wasn't fit, he was definitely half a yard off the pace, but at the time we were desperate. I think since Xmas 2018 his fitness got back to his normal level, and it's really shown in his performances 
  • Options
    He’s fit,
    he’s strong,
    bet he’s got a massive dong,
    Pratley, Pratley. 
  • Options
    Thought he was a bit of a Donkey last year and that shows what I know

This year - wow

Don’t get the negatives he gets - he is my Player of the Season thus far ahead of Conor.

My Son ( who is a complete Badger for anything Football or sport in general) when I said that Pratley is Player of the Season - covers every blade of grass.

No  - Phillips.

Then said “oh .., no clean sheets in how many games”. 

“Yes - Pratley “

So I win 👍
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

PWR everything...Beats me why there are fans still waking up to what Pratley offers to the team.
    I think we all woke up some time ago but he wasn’t playing well before Christmas last year .  In fairness, I think games when we have a lot of possession don’t really suit him now but he’s the first name on the team sheet against teams in the top 8, IMO
    I think he played at that start of last season when he wasn't fit, he was definitely half a yard off the pace, but at the time we were desperate. I think since Xmas 2018 his fitness got back to his normal level, and it's really shown in his performances 
    Pretty much the conversation and one of my Sons had yesterday. Personally I’d have him as permanent captain. He must be horrible to play against - constantly in the ear of his opponent, has a knack of falling over on the ball and winning a free kick and commits loads of little fouls to break the play up that must drive opponents mad - I know it does me when it happens against us. He plays on the edge and knows exactly what he can and can’t get away with.  He’s exactly the type of player every team needs. 
  • Options
    What about just simply singing his name to the Mendonca tune...

Super,Super Daz,
    Super,Super Daz
    Super,Super Daz
    Super Darren Pratley...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

I think this is part of Bowyer’s secret to success, just getting his players very fit. I think we’ve already seen it with Taylor, Williams, Pratley, and Bielik that when Bowyer has got them as fit as he wants them to be that their performances have gone up a notch. I think we’re starting to see it with Adams as well.

if only he could figure how to stop them picking up injuries as well. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Yes, Killer.

Last season, Pratley got injured early on, missed games ...... came back in the 1st team without training, because autumn 2018 we had an injury crisis .... got injured again ...... and repeat, until the spring last season, when because of returning players he could be properly rested and allowed to recover properly.

During that period, some posters were saying that he's a donkey, can't trap a bag of cement, waste of space, didn't deserve to start, etc ....... displaying all their knowledge of understanding professional football.

Yet you only had to listen to what the manager was saying at the time - and how dedicated Pratley was, and willing to play when not properly fit because there was no one else, because of injuries. There was also an interview with Prats last winter when he told of his frustration with a succession of injuries and no chance to get properly fit.

This season he has had that chance to get match fit - and proved to be the rock that's held the team together.
    And that's not even mentioning his influence in the dressing room and with young inexperienced players.

What a professional. Puts his body on the line. Shows true leadership and example. Absolute warrior.
    We're lucky to have him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    So far player of the season has to be between Bonne, Pratley and Gallagher. With Gallagher gone, Pratley is well placed to win it although a lot of games remaining. It is great credit to the lad considering the comments he was getting initially last season. I call any player lad sadly due to my age, but Pratley isn't a spring chicken and I'm sure Bowyer would admit he is being overplayed. He has had a small number of poorer games but this is undertsandable and we are lucky to have him. Ideally he would get a rest in one of our next two though. With his bookings he may be getting an enforced rest soon. I loved watching him get stuck into West Brom on Saturday, he really disrupted them.
  • Options
    Between Pratley and Phillips for me, with Pratley getting it at the moment. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    His love of cheese might just clinch player of the year for him
  • Options
    Has he been put on Statins?
  • Options
    He works hard to please, as long as he gets his cheese, Darren Pratley, Darren Pratley...

Whooah, we've got Darren Pratley, whooah he likes a bit of Brie, whooah he never gives his cheese away...
  • Options
    He can claim to have no knowledge of the cheese incident as much as he likes, but we all know the truth 🤣
  • Options
    Next time he tries to argue with ref and get another yellow card, everyone shout, "eat some cheese and keep your mouth shut"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Leuth said:
    I'd like to say he's proving me wrong, but what I actually think is that he's found a new gear somehow. He's done it before - there'll be a period of slightly flat performances and then suddenly he'll hit form and just monster the opposition. Playing incredibly well since moving deeper. In the first XI on merit atm and I hope that Bowyer sees this and picks him over Watson as the deep-lying murderer when we have a full-strength midfield to choose from.
    He probably found a new cheese that is laced with PED's. 

Man, Machine, Fueled by Keltic Gold snuck into the changing rooms by Ben Purrington no doubt. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Leuth said:
    I'd like to say he's proving me wrong, but what I actually think is that he's found a new gear somehow. He's done it before - there'll be a period of slightly flat performances and then suddenly he'll hit form and just monster the opposition. Playing incredibly well since moving deeper. In the first XI on merit atm and I hope that Bowyer sees this and picks him over Watson as the deep-lying murderer when we have a full-strength midfield to choose from.
    Watson will prove you wrong too, just a matter of time. They’ll both get plenty of games as Bowyer will rest players when he can.
    My issue with Watson is less about what he does do than what he doesn't. I just think he reaches play a fraction too late. Pratley has been intervening right on time, and brilliantly so. Maybe it's a case of getting up to speed.
  • Options
    Watson is all about compressing spaces, Pratley is about compressing human beings, and they both do their job very well.
    I've had to lol that ...... "Pratley is about compressing human beings". :smile:

• Options
    Love him. The man is an absolute beast. No doubt there was more than a few of us who thought his best days were behind him but my oh my,how wrong could we be.