Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Cavendish not been anywhere so far this tour. Was up there at the end but no where near to winning the sprint. In time honoured CL fashion is it time to say his legs have gone?
  • DRAddick said:

Cavendish not been anywhere so far this tour. Was up there at the end but no where near to winning the sprint. In time honoured CL fashion is it time to say his legs have gone?

Thought that too was in a good place and seemed to bottle it about 50m out.
  • FIFA World Cup will soon be wrapping up but almost time for the TdF to begin

Teams have started to announce their eight man squads for the Tour this year - Team Dimension Data having a really good approach to the way they've released theirs

Good stuff.
  • DRAddick said:

Cavendish not been anywhere so far this tour. Was up there at the end but no where near to winning the sprint. In time honoured CL fashion is it time to say his legs have gone?

I was just about to post something similar. I do fear he won't win another stage.
  • Tour this year is leaving a sour taste in my mouth with Sagan constantly winning... His elbow to send Cavendish down last year appears to have ended his career.

Yes Cav went for a tight gap that maybe wasnt there but he's done that his entire racing career and will be partly down to the number of stages he has won

Still and always will be a legend regardless if he stops which I still dont see happening
  • edited July 2018

Tour this year is leaving a sour taste in my mouth with Sagan constantly winning... His elbow to send Cavendish down last year appears to have ended his career.

Yes Cav went for a tight gap that maybe wasnt there but he's done that his entire racing career and will be partly down to the number of stages he has won

Still and always will be a legend regardless if he stops which I still dont see happening

Sorry pal - that's nonsense. He should never have been disqualified last year, that incident was partly Cav's fault anyway. That kind of stuff happens in every bunch sprint I've ever been in, and every one I've ever watched. Also, Cav has been written off before and proved people wrong, and if anything has 'finished his career' it's time, and the three crashes he's had this year
    Cave clearly feels his bike isn't up to much. Wants a Venge by all accounts, but he won't get one with DD. He's dropped enough hints.
    But he's getting closer- you never know, he might sneak a win.
  • Agree with Leroy. Sagan's super TV. Sprinters lean on each other all the time, what Sagan did wasn't worse than many other incidents past. Just a racing incident where Cav would have taken him out if they continued together.

Hopefully Cav can sniff out a win like he did in 2013 after his fall in Montpellier and then capitalising on Saxo Tinkoff breaking the peloton on stage 13..... Doesn't look like it though.
  • Looking forward to tomorrow’s stage, over 23k of cobbles. Poor Dan Martin will feel every bump after that tumble today.
  • Tour this year is leaving a sour taste in my mouth with Sagan constantly winning... His elbow to send Cavendish down last year appears to have ended his career.

I think his crash at the Milan/San Remo race this year is the one that's knocked him back. Think the Tour has come too early in his recovery. Hope he hangs on for the Vuelta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgoxUAvgERU
  • Sponsored links:

• What a load of old cobbles. 22km of them today. More than any other Tour. Can't wait.

Too much to ask for a bit of rain..?
  • What a load of old cobbles. 22km of them today. More than any other Tour. Can't wait.

Too much to ask for a bit of rain..?

You are cruel.

Today looks like it may well end several GC hopes.

Disaster for Porte.
  • Carnage today. Sky appear to be trying to do something.
  • This is totally mad. Feel so sorry for Porte.
  • Feel sorry for Dan Martin having that crash yesterday and then facing cobbles. Ouch.
  • Really need to see Paris - Roubaix one year

Such a stage!!
  • Blimey that would have been an amazing effort from Bardet had he managed to catch back up after that final puncture
  • My body hurts just from watching that. They're all gonna need the rest day tomorrow.
  • edited July 2018
    Where was the Sky train today? Or anyone in the peleton mounting a chase. And why did the yellow jersey blow 30 seconds plus on his rivals to go for a stage win? Deserves to lose it soon.
  • Think Froome needs to get his asthma pump out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really need to see Paris - Roubaix one year

Such a stage!!

You should ride the sportive the day before, then watch the day after. Best ride I do every year
  • Where was the Sky train today? Or anyone in the peleton mounting a chase. And why did the yellow jersey blow 30 seconds plus on his rivals to go for a stage win? Deserves to lose it soon.

SKY probably didnt see any of the breakaway as rival for the GC so wont have been bothered about their lead as they'll no doubt be gone by the end of the first round of Mountains

Note when Bardet tried an attack prior to his final puncture... Froome was after him like a shot
  • That looked brutal, carnage all over the place..................love it, roll on the mountains.
  • Forgive my ignorance, but is Froome favourite to win it from his current position?
  • One of the favourites.

This week is in the Alps and Froome will come to the fore. He needs to get a lot closer to Thomas in the next week though or SKY may change their priorities.
  • Forgive my ignorance, but is Froome favourite to win it from his current position?

1 min 42 s behind.......I'm not sure how many asthma attacks are needed to pull that back?!?

1 min 42 s behind.......I'm not sure how many asthma attacks are needed to pull that back?!?
    Ouch !
  • The cobbled stage yesterday was a bit of a farce - all a bit of a lottery. A great spectacle but not sure what it tests?
  • edited July 2018
    Acorrding to the bookies; Froome is favourite with Thomas second favourite

I really like Geraint and would love it more if he won this year over Froome yet dont see it happening as dont think he's quite there yet in terms of Grand Tour contention; Nibali and Quintana are the next favourites yet definitely dont see that happening

Be surprised if Bardet isnt Froome's main rival now

Is a shame as think Porte v Froome could be one of the Tours best ever rivalries, wonder if we'll ever truly see it though as they're both getting older and we'll soon have the youngsters being a serious threat
  • let's hope the WC 'celebrations' and nationalistic fervour do not spill over into any disruption of the Tour