Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• CAFCDAZ said:
    I still hope we get a decent owner with his head screwed on that offers him the terms that will keep him. In my eyes Lyle the player is worth his weight in gold, lyle the man and personality is irreplaceable. 
    I have hoped that for a while.

Unfortunately he talks like a man who knows he wont be here next season(whenever that is) 
  • And to add to that , I feel does genuinely love the club and if he was offered with us what he could get elsewhere it would be a no brainer.
  • Cannot see any situation where Lyle will be with us next year unfortunately. Can’t blame hi,. Hopefully he can help keep us up and leave head held high.
  • Talks well been kicked out of about 8 clubs. And wants to leave Charlton who have made him basically just over a year in! 
    What are you talking about? 
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    He was just saying if he doesn't renew for next season he has only thanks and love for the fans and the way we've treated him.
  • Rumours on the reliable source that is Facebook that Lyle is only training and won't be playing for us again. Apparently he doesn't want to risk getting injured.
  • Scoham said:
    Rumours on the reliable source that is Facebook that Lyle is only training and won't be playing for us again. Apparently he doesn't want to risk getting injured.
    Nah don’t buy that. If he wasn’t playing for us again, I’m sure the club wouldn’t have him in for training / providing his twice weekly testing etc.
  • Scoham said:
    Rumours on the reliable source that is Facebook that Lyle is only training and won't be playing for us again. Apparently he doesn't want to risk getting injured.
    Someone probably taken what Bowyer said and is twisting it.

Bowyer said 2 out of contract players are not training.

Someone probably twisted that to Taylor is out or contract and isnt gonna play again lol.

Taylor said himself he doesn't know and wont know until he sees the protocol of stage 2 and stage 3
  • edited May 2020
    He’ll feature for all the games in June but after that, he’s off. Will only be training, not playing. 

Worst source ever admittedly. A bloke on a Facebook group whos mate is a mutual friend of someone in the squad lol 
  • Talal said:
    He’ll feature for all the games in June but after that, he’s off. Will only be training, not playing. 

Worst source ever admittedly. A bloke on a Facebook group whos mate is a mutual friend of someone in the squad lol 
    So he won't be playing but will feature in all the June games. Makes sense. 
    Must be something in the air tonight!!
  • Sorry, bad wording on my part there. 

I think what he meant was after the contract expires in June, he will still train with the club and will be paid until end of July as I believe this is what the Efl have agreed. But will not play past June. 
  • Sorry, bad wording on my part there. 

I think what he meant was after the contract expires in June, he will still train with the club and will be paid until end of July as I believe this is what the Efl have agreed. But will not play past June. 
    Not ideal, but sounds legit.
  • Sponsored links:

• When did bowyer say 3 out of contract players aren’t training? 
  • edited May 2020
    cafc4life said:
    When did bowyer say 3 out of contract players aren’t training? 
    Sage mentioned it on the other thread earlier, i presume he saw it somewhere.

Its 2 out of contract players and Davies who haven't returned to training 
  • cafc4life said:

2 players out of contract this summer are currently not risking it, whilst Davis is the player who they’re hoping to convince to come back to London.
  • edited May 2020
    Sage said:
    cafc4life said:

2 players out of contract this summer are currently not risking it, whilst Davis is the player who they’re hoping to convince to come back to London.
    Yeah no I understand what you were saying, I was just telling @cafc4life where it came from lol.

Clearly its not Taylor as we have seen him train, whether he chooses to play or not is another thing entirely and will depend how safe he feels going into stage 2(contact training) and stage 3(actual matches)
  • https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-bowyer-we-need-stability/

Thats the link @cafc4life were bowyer mentions the 2 out of contract players and the 1 who doesn't want to return to London yet who we know is Davies
  • Can't blame Taylor tbh, but the fact is without him we are going down. 
  • shine166 said:
    Can't blame Taylor tbh, but the fact is without him we are going down. 
    Hopefully the players don’t have that attitude. As good as he is we won games without him.