Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• From my mate Kevin Rye, AFCW fan

You've just signed a really good player in LTB. Give him your adoration as fans, and he'll run through brick walls for you.

North upper will be booing him if he hasn't scored by half time against Shrewsbury
  • From my mate Kevin Rye, AFCW fan

You've just signed a really good player in LTB. Give him your adoration as fans, and he'll run through brick walls for you.

North upper will be booing him if he hasn't scored by half time against Shrewsbury
    If there’s anyone up the there!
  • Taylor’s gonna do bits just need a midfield to back the lad
  • edited June 2018

Taylor’s gonna do bits just need a midfield to back the lad

Part of the 'Do bits society'?
  • Are we going to be singing the “bits and pieces” song now?
  • So two have gone, who are the other three? Sarr played little under Bow but would need replacing. Reeves and Ajose haven't delivered so perhaps that is the three, although is JFK a luxury player who does many things well but none to mark him as a player in a particular role.

Bowyer seems to like reeves out wide tucking in.
    Which was a disaster against Shrewsbury. Every time they gained possession they just stretched us and we couldn't cope with it.
  • Seems very smart, compared to the average footballer.
  • So two have gone, who are the other three? Sarr played little under Bow but would need replacing. Reeves and Ajose haven't delivered so perhaps that is the three, although is JFK a luxury player who does many things well but none to mark him as a player in a particular role.

Which was a disaster against Shrewsbury. Every time they gained possession they just stretched us and we couldn't cope with it.
    But worked well in a few other games in the run into the playoffs.

If done right thibinit can work well, like Stuart under curbs or jj under Powell
  • edited July 2018
    Great signing and a goal scorer at this level. I think we also have lots of youngsters who will be better this season, more experienced at this level and this will make us much stronger. They will also have grown and be better physically
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

So two have gone, who are the other three? Sarr played little under Bow but would need replacing. Reeves and Ajose haven't delivered so perhaps that is the three, although is JFK a luxury player who does many things well but none to mark him as a player in a particular role.

But worked well in a few other games in the run into the playoffs.

If done right thibinit can work well, like Stuart under curbs or jj under Powell
    It works when you have two attacking fullbacks overlapping and who can cover the space it leaves behind. We didn't do that against Shrewsbury. Curbs would have Graham Stuart who could get out to the wing and Luke Young covering the right flank. Powell had Solly and Wiggins.
  • Yeah I love the bloke
  • I met him briefly after the Shrewsbury game and have to say I was wrong. Really nice bloke but also a bloody decent player. Strong as an ox and he only had one chance and took it yesterday. Certainly looks to be a step up from Josh.

Very impressive so far Lyle. Great stuff
  • I think he benefits from a manager who understands how he likes to play and gives him a partner/system that plays to his strengths. If he'd been in Big Josh's boots under the Gob he may have been a bit more clinical but don't see him scoring that many more thanks to being pigeonholed as "the target man." Let Josh play and he can score goals too, though Taylor definitely does seem an upgrade in terms of all round ability and intelligence (football wise.)
  • edited August 2018
    barstool said:

Great signing and a goal scorer at this level. I think we also have lots of youngsters who will be better this season, more experienced at this level and this will make us much stronger. They will also have grown and be better physically

That was a good call @barstool

So if we’d bought Taylor from Poundland we’d have been a Pound worse off.

• Draws a foul from the opposition well , controlled aggression and gets goals, we may have a new Derek Hales.
    Forget the controlled aggression comparison!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    Song for him

Ohh woahhh we got Lyle Taylor
    Ohh woahh, he was signed up by Lee Bowyer
    Ohh woahh, he always puts the ball awayyy
  • Looks like we might have a proper striker at last . Didn't look 100% last week , but was outstanding against Beccles yesterday . Is beginning to get a good understanding with Grant as well , but midfield doesn't look like it has a lot of goals in it .
  • Song for him

Ohh woahhh we got Lyle Taylor
    Ohh woahh, he was signed up by Lee Bowyer
    Ohh woahh, he always puts the ball awayyy

There's only one letter 'y' in the word 'away'.

Source: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/away :smile:

• Super, Super Lyle
    Super, Super Lyle
    Super, Super Lyle
    Super Lyle Taylor
  • Looks similar amount of physical strength to Mag, much better first touch and subsequently hold up play, better movement, probably better finishing. Definitely an upgrade, and looks a good signing.

Needs a song, a new tune would be nice though.
  • He took his shirt off after the game - he’s cut like a steak! Very strong chap

I was a Josh fan but at the moment Lyle looks a step up
  • No way would Magennis had given Beccles as much of a hard time asTaylor did on Saturday.
  • Excellent player, best striker we’ve had in quite a while
  • Hadnt noticed before
    But we are his 14th different team
    Most of those were loans but still 14 teams and he is 28(Steve Claridge needs to watch his back)